Did you banned turtles from your world yet ?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
Am I the only one here who is aware that one single rogue turtle could :

A) Collect everything for it's own survival.
B) Find enough material to multiply itself.
C) Mine (itself and the infinitely growing army of it) the the entire plane of existence.
D) Build any contraption needed to produce any resource still missing.
E) Craft everything in existence in the modpack and sort it in chests in even number.

Did anyone did that yet ?

When I see any turtle used for anything else then ending the game by itself I feel something is wrong with that turtle... Is it sick ?

What I'm trying to say it's that those turtle being turing complete, I tend to perceive it as a forbidden technology. Am I the only one feeling that way ?

Mysticmage11

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I understand the destructive force that is the Turtle. However, not many people really understand how to code turtles, and thus they become a pain the ass to work with.

Reactions: RedBoss

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting concept, I bet someone attpemted to make self-replicating turtles
The only thing is, when a turtle places down another turtle it can't program it or execute commands on it can it?

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting concept, I bet someone attpemted to make self-replicating turtles
The only thing is, when a turtle places down another turtle it can't program it or execute commands on it can it?

Can turtles right click and print to another machine? For example a computer, monitor, or another turtle?

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
In THEORY it's possible to make a turtle do all of what you said. However, remember computers think very differently to how us humans think. What may seem simple to you, is extremely difficult for a computer. I believe it's called the traveling salesman problem.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
I still remember in one of the Dire vid's from 1.4.7 that Elo made a turtle that placed other turtles and sent them mining... Kind of scary

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Well I guess this could work... but here's my main issue, the amount of processing power it'd need for both the turtle and your computer for that to happen would actually cause serious amounts of lag, no?

I don't use CC much, so I wouldn't know :/

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
I experimented with digging turtles. They tended to "run away" because I messed with code. And then you have two problems: 1. if they dig into the thick of cobble, especially if you don't know where there is it's entry point, it's nearly impossible to find them and 2. you never know if they'll get to your base and start digging your machinery out. So, you sit there, and hear tok. tok. tok. as your rogue turtle digs at unknown, but close location at unknown direction.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Well I guess this could work... but here's my main issue, the amount of processing power it'd need for both the turtle and your computer for that to happen would actually cause serious amounts of lag, no?

I don't use CC much, so I wouldn't know :/
From what I understand, Lua is actually one of the lighter languages. However, the calculations that would need to be done for this particular job would be rather heavy. So if there was enough of these turtles, this would cause significant lag. Like I said, such things are hard for computers to understand.

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
I think all we need is the chunks at lattitude 0 and every multiple of 128 chunks after (if we ever go that big)

That strip of land would be a terraformed treefarm on top and a charcoal factory on the basement. They would also contain chest which would go in the giant sorting system. The turtles could then proceed to dig every single tile off land outside of this one from bottom to sky. And return every ressource collected in the sorting chest. The turles would travel around in line at a random height and if they hit anything in their path, they proceed to mine the entire chunk. Eventually all chunks in line of sight would be mined that way.

Then the sorting system all lead to the longitude 0 where another specie of turtle manage the inventory all along that longitude and build special devices meant to produce something new. They would follow pre-programed schematics wouldn't be that hard. Each chunk would then be a mini factory for something new. They could even be smart enough to know which schematics they can build and what is the most needed good in the system and build those factories in that order...

Everything outside of the chunks on lattitude and longiture 0 would be emptied...

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I think all we need is the chunks at lattitude 0 and every multiple of 128 chunks after (if we ever go that big)

That strip of land would be a terraformed treefarm on top and a charcoal factory on the basement. They would also contain chest which would go in the giant sorting system. The turtles could then proceed to dig every single tile off land outside of this one from bottom to sky. And return every ressource collected in the sorting chest. The turles would travel around in line at a random height and if they hit anything in their path, they proceed to mine the entire chunk. Eventually all chunks in line of sight would be mined that way.

Then the sorting system all lead to the longitude 0 where another specie of turtle manage the inventory all along that longitude and build special devices meant to produce something new. They would follow pre-programed schematics wouldn't be that hard. Each chunk would then be a mini factory for something new. They could even be smart enough to know which schematics they can build and what is the most needed good in the system and build those factories in that order...

Everything outside of the chunks on lattitude and longiture 0 would be emptied...
Or just use AE instead of chests