Dartcraft: One of the most overpowered mods of our time

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Normally, you would be right... if you could actually get these things early game. The dartcraft system sets it up so that you have to make many, many, many, many enchants using the dartcraft system before you actually get to these things.

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
Meh, why does it have to be balanced? Maybe that's how the mod is made to be. I'm not saying anything one way or another, but I see a lot of threads about things being "overpowered" when one could argue that the mod is supposed to be that way.

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
You're sorta forgetting the durability of DC's tools is pretty bad. Yeah you have fortune 5 autogrind smeltery awesomeness... but you dont have it for long before you have to make another one.
It feels around the same/lower than iron imo.

Reactions: Pokefenn

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
You're sorta forgetting the durability of DC's tools is pretty bad. Yeah you have fortune 5 autogrind smeltery awesomeness... but you dont have it for long before you have to make another one.
It feels around the same/lower than iron imo.

To be fair, if you have thaumcraft installed you can easily give your tool repair.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
To be fair, if you have thaumcraft installed you can easily give your tool repair.

You can, but it's much more expensive for the aura than Repair II. My base has 0 thaumcraft investment save for those tools and I still get flux effects. I stopped using them.

Mjw

Jul 29, 2019
personally i'm glad it's not in the wgt pack....
....not that gregtech will either following the recent events

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I would not say that Dartcraft is OP. As I have stated before, such an absolute statement without point of reference is ludicrous. you might be able to state 'Dartcraft is OP in the x Mod Pack' or 'Dartcraft is OP compared to y mod' but for it to be Overpowered, it needs to have something it is overpowering, a reference point which you consider to be fairly balanced.

I will say that Dartcraft does not cater to my preferred play style. I'm a really big opponent of pointless grinding, which is what the Tome boils down to. As KirinDave pointed out, you have to do quite a bit of pointless grinding to be able to put those sorts of enchants on your gear.

The only thing I really approve of in Dartcraft are the backpacks. It's an amazingly flexible system which enables the end user to customize how they store items. Options for auto-storing and auto-supplying are there for those who care to have them. In effect, it is like Forestry backpacks, but fully customizable without needing to edit config files. There is a cost involved, but I feel it is an appropriate cost for what you get. I just don't like the Pointless Grinding necessary to get them to a decent size.

I'm also not a big fan of how the enchants on the armor can affect the tools you use, which permits all kinds of stacking shenanigans, I much prefer TiC's method of doing tools.

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if you're quoting the wrong post or something...I didn't talk about the Force Engine at all. I don't actually consider that OP due to the existence of the RP2's Blulectric engine which is far more OP.[DOUBLEPOST=1374169873][/DOUBLEPOST]
Most powerful engine in the game? RP2's Blulectric engine can output 32 MJ/t. And it runs off of solar panels, free passive energy generation!

Since RP doesn't exist for 1.5.x, and dartcraft doesn't exist before 1.5.x, I kinda consider that a moot point.

Symmetryc

Jul 29, 2019
Since RP doesn't exist for 1.5.x, and dartcraft doesn't exist before 1.5.x, I kinda consider that a moot point.
I can see what you're saying, but RedPower 2 and DartCraft have both existed with BuildCraft 3, so they're still comparable and when I think of mods right now I still compare them to mods from the past. I still don't consider the Force Engine OP.

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
I can see what you're saying, but RedPower 2 and DartCraft have both existed with BuildCraft 3, so they're still comparable and when I think of mods right now I still compare them to mods from the past. I still don't consider the Force Engine OP.

I suppose I can understand that, but I tend not to compare things that I can't have in the same world.
Some of these posts are making me think I should take another look at dartcraft. I only played with it once, and only for a couple days, so I might have gotten the wrong impression from it.
@those saying that the tools have really bad durability, can't you put all of the enchantments, such as fortune V, on the force drill?

Reactions: Flipz and Symmetryc

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
I consider DC a quite entertaining mod. Neither am I using his engine (I have more power than I would ever need, thank you), nor his armor or tools (MPA for the armor and TiCo for Tools <3) - but:
The upgradable bag is a very nice thing to have. Plus. I started collecting spawners, just for the heck of it. No, not to build a "vanilla grinder" (I use Cursed Earth with MFR grinders.. I'm set with mob drops and mob essence for live^^), but to display on tables in my ThaumCraft-Laboratory. I simply think it's a cute addition. Just like I don't use HarkenScythes' soul system (again, have tools and armor from other mods), but the added mob heads? Awesome idea. ;)

Also: Bottled Cows. :D

Reactions: RedBoss

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I suppose I can understand that, but I tend not to compare things that I can't have in the same world.
Some of these posts are making me think I should take another look at dartcraft. I only played with it once, and only for a couple days, so I might have gotten the wrong impression from it.
@those saying that the tools have really bad durability, can't you put all of the enchantments, such as fortune V, on the force drill?

You can make force drills. They're amusing and good. Their energy reserves are kinda anemic and are charged per-block though, so you need to make a full IC2-friendly suit with a big battery to make it work right.

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
You can make force drills. They're amusing and good. Their energy reserves are kinda anemic and are charged per-block though, so you need to make a full IC2-friendly suit with a big battery to make it work right.

That sounds like it would be a pain, but imagine a speed V, fortune V force drill with that new thingy that makes them mine multiple blocks at a time like a hammer or excavator.
EDIT: Apparently that thingy is called area mode, which certain force tools have. I can't find much more information on it than that.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
That sounds like it would be a pain, but imagine a speed V, fortune V force drill with that new thingy that makes them mine multiple blocks at a time like a hammer or excavator.

It can't mine multiple blocks at a time. But yes, it is epic.

But already overclocked TiC supertools are pretty epic. What's crazy is when someone makes a super-strong force saw like Poppycocks did. Good times.

But is that OP? I dunno. Do we really, really care how long it takes to chop one of those trees down?

RandomMoped

Popular Member
Nov 17, 2012
Somewhere on the internet
It can't mine multiple blocks at a time. But yes, it is epic.

But already overclocked TiC supertools are pretty epic. What's crazy is when someone makes a super-strong force saw like Poppycocks did. Good times.

But is that OP? I dunno. Do we really, really care how long it takes to chop one of those trees down?

how much wood did he get off of that?
And talk about hell for a person that hates floating trees

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
Hell, my work IP is no match for his youtube one minute video ... damn my cheap ass IP at work. :) Oh well, back to working.

Status
Not open for further replies.