Creating New FTB Team: Positions Open

LoneWolfEthan

Jul 29, 2019
Mod: Botania

Quest Title:
Not that kind of Mana...

Description: So, now that you've gotten a bit into the world of Botania, you might've noticed that stuff called 'Mana', though this is not the 'hocus-pocus' kind, the one that makes flaming blobs of magic appear in your hands. No, this is completely different. You see, everywhere around us, there is this invisible force holding everything together. Yeah, that's 'Mana'. Now, go, and rule the world with flowers! Oh, wait. One more thing... You need to harness this 'Mana' first...

Instructions: (This is a Detection Task. Once crafted, the quest will be completed.)

Step 1:
Craft Diluted Mana Pool

Step 2: Craft Mana Spreader

Step 3: Craft Wand of the Forest

Reward: 2 Daybloom, 4 Nightshade, 1 Diluted Mana Pool, 6 Manasteel Ingots.

I hope this is good enough, though I'm still not completely sure about how balanced the reward is, or should be...

Blueprintboy

Jul 29, 2019
Mod: blood magic
Title: bloody deeds
Description: you prick you finger on the blade
Of your sword and a sick thought crosses your mind. What if you could
Somehow use this to make your self
More powerful....

Step: 1 name: the beginning . You must make a alter if you were to try to control this unworldly power

Step: 2 only one prick. Make blade that can draw you own life blood for horrible things.

Step: 3 just one more. You need a base to start all these things. You think 4 blank slates will do.

Further steps:
make 8 blood runes and upgrade alter

Reward: 10 blank slates, and a half heart.

Pick one: 8 glow stone, one reward bag, or 3 pots of regeneration.

Thank you for reading

JaxClaw

Jul 29, 2019
Mod: Witchery
Quest Title: Whodoo?
Quest Description: Get your gris-gris on with the absolute best way to wound your enemies and ward yourself against evil since the invention of the sword and shield.

Step 1:
Title:
A Rolling Stone
Description: You've noticed that Spanish Moss seems to hold a form of sympathetic magic... maybe infusing a simple doll with it will yield some results on how exactly it works.
Crafting Task: Craft a Poppet

Step 2:
Title:
Raggedy Ann
Description: At first, nothing happened. Your work seemed like a waste of time. However, when attempting to harvest more moss, all damage was redirected to the poppet, and the moss remained untouched! Maybe if you could collect some of your blood, you could modify the spell and apply the same damage-diverting effect to yourself!
Detection Task: Use a Taglock Kit on yourself
Crafting Task: Craft any kind of protection poppet

Step 3:
Title:
Child's Play
Description: You have successfully created a doll that protects you against harm! However, you wonder if you could reverse engineer the spell to use against others...
Crafting Task: Manually submit one Vampiric Poppet

Reward: 2 Vampiric Poppet, 2 Voodoo Protection Poppet; Choice of either 4 Spectral Dust or 8 Taglock Kits

The reward should obviously be nerfed/buffed/rebalanced depending on the preference of the mod team.

Last edited:

Niko_Bellic_3

Jul 29, 2019
Quest Title: Temporal Binds and Powerful Times
Description: You have seemed to pull together the real world and the creative world of a mage. Through these temporal binds, you have found that it is becoming much easier to work with such items of the Thaumaturge and Blood Alchemist. You see ways to automate through means not yet explained. You have gathered much knowledge for questing, and through tinkering with Thaumic items using this temporal bind, you seem to find very intriguing advances. These mystic researches are to be able to become a reality. Though, the Blood Alchemist in you says you must automate, this temporal bind says otherwise. You must manipulate this bind to do your bidding, for you will kill one creature in order to put this bind in your favor. This temporal bind is not just a bind, It is a living spirit, and had a body just like you. Also you happen to like flowers.
Instructions: (Use the book to manually submit xyz)
Step 1: Kill Mob Step 2: Item Detection Step 3: Consume Task Step 4: Crafting Task
Requirement for Step 1: Kill an Energy Ghost Step 2: Detect a Thaumic Restorer and 8 Ichor Step 3: 4 Altar Emitters and an Archmages Blood Orb Step 4: Craft a Diluted Mana Pool and 2 Mystical Red Petals
Further Steps: Creating Powerful Thaumic Items and Robing, Witch's Items, Bloody Things, Mystic Flowers, and Weird Creatures out the Wazoo
Reward: Epic Reward Bag, Witches Hat, Witches Robes, Brew of Sleeping, Death Protection Poppet (Unbound), Icy Needle, Bound Sword, Witches Hand Choose: Staff Core of The Primal, Subdued Spirit, 64 Runes of Dislocation, Fallen Kanade

P.S This is for a more advanced an difficult quest involving many magic mods.

modi operandus

Jul 29, 2019
Mod: Botania
Quest Title: Power of the Seasons
Description:
By now you should generating mana and have a steady supply. This is the time to use it. The journey to flower power dominance begins with runes. You will first need an artifice where magical and common items can be infused directly with the power of mana. With this altar, you will first create the four elemental runes, then combine them again, along with other common items, to harness the power of the four seasons. With these runes, you can create a great many magical items and flowers that will aid you on your quest. Be mindful though, while such magic can change the world, there are also temptations that come with power.

Instructions: (Detection task)
Step 1: Create a Runic Altar
Requirement for step: Craft Runic Altar
Step 2: Elemental Runes
Requirement for step:
Craft 1 each of Fire, Air, Earth, Water runes
Step 3: Season Runes
Requirement for step:
Craft 1 each of Spring, Summer, Winter, Autumn runes
Reward: 2 Mana tablets, 12 manasteel, 3 mana pearls and then a choice for one of any of the 7 Sins runes.

tigertomd

Jul 29, 2019
Mod: Thaumcraft 4
Quest Title: Finding a Cure
Description: You find that the Warp effects that you have been experiencing are increasing in severity as your research progresses. What was once simply a headache has turned into... well, you would rather not think about it. Due to the current lack of magical toilets or insect repellent you look for a solution to the horrible effects wracking your mind and body, and the bath salts no longer cut it. Luckily for you, you believe you have just discovered something that may help your cause.
Step:
Protection: Your lack of protection from regular robes had you worried anyway. Time to make some propper armor.
Requirement for step: Crafting Task: Make a full set of Thaumium Armor (Helmet, Chestplate, Leggings and Boots)
Further Steps: Upgrade: Time to make an improvement to your armor. Your inability to uprgade your boots can only be blamed on the great archmage Azanor, and his inability to finish tasks before starting the next. Never mind, your Boots of the Traveler are fine as they are.
Requirement for step: Manual Detect: Full set of Thaumium Fortress Armor (Helmet, Chestplate and Leggings)
Further Step: Magical Relief: Now, to remove the warp that has been plaguing you all this time.
Requirement for step: Manual Detect: Thaumium Fortress Helm (Grinning Devil Faceplate)
Reward: Enchanted Book (Protection IV), Silverwood Wandcore
Pick one: Ring of Runic Shielding, Wand Focus of Equal Trade

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Just in case, there is no chance we can get mekanism in a modpack, right? I'd love to help with it as i'm quite an expert on it xD But I haven't seen anything about it in any pack and that makes me a sad panda :(

SirBungly

Jul 29, 2019
Mod: Thaumcraft 4
Quest Title: Infusion
Description: An arcane crafting table isn't really cutting it for you at the moment. You feel like you need something bigger, better and more powerful. Creating an infusion altar will grant you with the power and knowledge to enhance and create powerful tools, vital to becoming a mighty thaumaturge. To use the infusion altar place the items required for the infusion around the outside on the arcane pedestals and the centre item in the middle under the runic matrix. Right clicking the matrix with your wand will start the infusion and after it has drawn the necessary vis from the jars and consumed the items, will output the item in the centre.
Instructions: (Detection Task)
Step:
First craft some arcane stone bricks and blocks to create the main structure of the altar and to craft the arcane pedestals. Then assemble the altar as shown in the Thaumonomicon's page on infusion. Right clicking with your wand on the runic matrix will complete your arcane construction
Requirement for step: 4x Arcane Stone Bricks, 4x Arcane stone Blocks, 4x Arcane Pedestal, 1x Runic Matrix
Further Steps: You may also need some warded jars to store your vis required for the infusion. Also for some of the more common magical elements you may wish to create a void jar which will destroy excess vis that would otherwise clog up your warded jars.
Requirement for step: 4x Warded Jar, 1x Void Jar
Reward: 4x Arcane Pedestal, 4x Warded Jar, 1x Gold Block
Choose Reward: 4x Fire Shard, 4x Water Shard, 4x Earth Shard, 4x Air Shard

Last edited:

TheAwesomeD

Jul 29, 2019
Here is a quest I wrote for my friends and I thought it fitted the criteria
Quest Title: Becoming An Archmage
Description: If you are as proficient as I at the killing of monsters you may have spotted some mysterious books appearing in your inventory. To a fledgeling mage like you these books contain nothing but illegible scribbles but soon you will be able to use them to your advantage.
Step 1 (Mana.. Precious Mana): Detection of 8 mana crystals
Instructions:To cast a spell you need mana.. obviously. Mana occurs naturally in the world but only the harsh conditions of the Nether cause it to solidify into mine-able blocks. Go to the Nether and find 8 of these crystals, fortune enchants might help here...
Step 2 (So much better than Golden): Crafting a crystalline apple
Just as gold is not edible until it is combined with an apple, the same is true with mana crystals. Eating one of these not only enhances your latent mana abilities, they are a well known cure for halitosis!

Reward: Potion of Mana Surge, Good Reward Bag
Choose from three Spellbooks; Summon Wolf I, Earth Shield I,Blazefire I

DueUnleashed

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, I've entered earlier, but i think this quest is better and will better display my "SKILLS" as a writer. Again, i have written many quest for mainly magic mods for my own packs, so if @Jadedcat wants to see them, just message me! :)
Quest Title:
Mystical Concoctions
Description: You have delved into the magical world of becoming a witch, but there are a few more steps before hand. You hear that there is a book to help you construct these concoctions and manipulate their effects.
Step 1:
Now we are cooking with kettles!
Kettles are the basic construction block for all brews in witchery. You require a fuel source of fire under the kettle and a constant source of water. Witches gear can increase output of brews on completion.
Requirement for step: Craft 1x Mystical Brews and Infusions
Step 2: Otherworldly Ingredients
You have come to a conclusion that you are missing some materials that aren't from this world. Time to take a nap, don't let the nightmares scare you!
Requirement for step: Craft 1x Brew of sleeping
Step 3: Happy Nightmares
There are both good and bad nightmare worlds, both of them are very similar, but they give two different items that can be used for you future discoveries.
Requirement for step: Collect 4x Disturbed Cotton, 4x Wispy Cotton
Rewards: 1x Reward Bag (Epic), 1x Loom, 16x String
Choose one: Reward Bag (Epic), 1x Redstone Soup, 4x Bat Fur

Xavier McMage

Jul 29, 2019
Parent Quest Set: Introduction
Quest Title: Thaumic Beginnings
Description: Thaumaturgy! Now that is an interesting school of magic. You can make all kinds of fascinating devices that utilize the elemental aspects contained in all things.

1st Task: Iron Caps (Crafting Task)

- Description: To get started harnessing the elements, you'll need to construct a wand. Start by gathering 2 Iron Ingots. Next, break the Ingots into Nuggets. Finally, construct 2 Iron Caps using the Nuggets.
- Objective: Craft 2 Iron Caps.
2nd Task: Basic Wand (Crafting Task)

- Description: Now, attach the Iron Caps to either end of a Stick to create your first wand.
- Objective: Craft an Iron Capped Wooden Wand.​

Reward: 2 Cookies
Unlocks Quest Set: “Thaumaturgy”

I've been itching to try making some quests, figured this would be a good opportunity to dive into it. The theme I was shooting for is a quest book that serves as your tutor in getting started with the mods. The book would guide you into the mods, but not shower you in goodies. We don't want the quest book to play the game for you, now would we? ;)

Matthewk1000

Jul 29, 2019
I'm kind of being funny with my entry. Pack looks cool, but when I saw the one mod I knew I had to do this quest.

Mod: Villager's Nose
Quest Title: An eye for an eye, a nose for a...
Description: Villagers are going wild. Teach them a little lesson, maybe with some sheers :).
Instructions: (This quest has two stages, First one is detection by crafting a sheers and the second one you have to give to the book)
Step 1: Craft a sheers using two iron.
Step 2: Sheer the villager and feed the book the nose
Requirement for step: N/A
Further Steps: N/A
Reward: 5 Emeralds

Chose: 1 Basic Reward Bag or Iron Sowrd

Mojken

Jul 29, 2019
Mod: Bloodmagic
Quest Title: Decisive superiority
Description: Draining the blood of living, or undead, creatures is a dark vocation, but it does make you powerful. Problem is, people doesn't seem to notice. You've had enough of people underestimating your power, ambushing you only to be shred to chunks moments later. Being tremendous just isn't enough any more, you need to seem tremendous too. Claim your rights of power, mage. Show those low-lives who to fear - Claim your predominance.
Instructions: Throw a Demon Blood Shard into the Blood Altar and supply it with blood.
Step: Claim your predominance
Requirement for step: Craft a Archmage's Blood Orb (manual detect).
Reward: Energy Bazooka, Legendary Reward Bag

Auranex

Jul 29, 2019
Quest Title: Why do you think we have green fingers?
Description: You've heard of green fingers, yes? Well, us witches are such good gardeners that we have green skin! Heheheh. jokes aside, to become an all powerful witch or warlock you must grow a few 'different' plants... To acquire these plants you must gain an old fertilizer, it was created by our Greek ancestors, they called it Mutandis, which is derived from the Latin Mutandi, which translates to mean 'changing'. Why don't you try and make some, and use it to get some of those 'special' plants... Go on then, get on with it...
Instructions: Make some Mutandis, and use it to get a Hawthorn, Alder and Rowan sapling.
Step 1: Craft 16 Mutandis.
Requirement for step: Nothing.
Further Steps:
Acquire one of the following; Alder, Hawthorn and Rowan sapling.
Reward: 8 Rowan, Hawthorn and Alder saplings, 16 Mutandis and a basic reward bag.
Note: In this quest lines description i have created a character of an elder witch/warlock, i did this to give my description a backbone, otherwise it may have been lacking story, but if you have a different 'story-line' to follow, the quest can easily adapt.

Last edited:

SwiftasLight

Jul 29, 2019
I really enjoy the Blood Magic Mod so when I read this post I felt like it was a good way to put myself out there as a modpack creator. I've created some small custom modpakcs and hope I an help make more quests or even modpacks for/with the FTB team.
If anyone reading this has any mods I could use in a pack or if I should apply to the FTB team, just tell me! I am quite familiar with 1.7.10 and some of the beefier
mods out there like Lycanites' Mobs or Openblocks, most coincidentally, the Blood Magic Mod! I would also like to make some challenge or parkour maps.I know some
helpful commands and have some adequate building skills based and compared/contrasted to what I have seen so far on some other posts.I am also writing a little novel
so making quests like this would be fairly simple.The quest idea is down below so check it out and tell me what you think! I will also be submitting some more
quests on behalf of the Alpha Mage Quest Pack being in, well, its Alpha stage.I'll try to look into some of these unfamiliar mods to get those quests done.
Thanks for taking a look and constructive criticism is greatly appreciated! Until next time...see you guys later!

Mod:Blood Magic by WayofTime

Quest Title:Illuminati Confirmed!
Description:Enter the Blood Magic Mod by starting with the advanced basics...if that makes sense. Start off with making a Sacrificial Knife and a Blood Altar! Then,
you should be able to take it step further and make a Sacrificial Sword. So you don't need to slice off your fingers. Slice pigs or sheep instead! Then, with enough
blood(psychopath) you can create your first.....(drumroll) Blood Orb! With this you can make crazy stuff like sigils or crystals! Sacrificing blood...who knew Minecraft would come to this. Well, in this world at least...
Instructions:Create a Blood Altar(manual detect),Sacrificial Knife(manual detect), Sacrificial Sword(manual detect) and Weak Blood Orb(manual detect)! This should help you get started in Blood Magic! I think...
Step:[Step 1]Create a Blood Altar
Requirement for step:Blood Altar(manual detect)
Further Steps:[Step 2]Create a Sacrificial Knife(Requirement:Sacrificial Knife), [Step 3]Sacrificial Sword(Requirement:Sacrificial Sword), and a [Step 4]Weak Blood Orb(Requirement:Weak Blood Orb)
Reward: 4 Blank Slates, 8 Blood Runes, Reward Bag(Basic)

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Here is one for Blood Magic. Would have sent one for the BETA version but doubt you are using this one in the pack

Would also give you one for AE2 but don't have time right now :/

Quest Title: It's not a wither?
Description: Now that you have reached the ultimate level for your altar, it's time to get the ultimate orb and rituals! You must first make a few of your desired alchemical reagent and set them on pedestal. Six of them to be exact. You can find the exact configuration on Blood Magic's wiki. This will spawn an elemental. Kill two of them with either your bound sword or your energy bazooka to get some demon shards. You will need a minimum of two and optional four extra in order to augment the blood armor. One of them, imbued with 75000 LP will give you the archmage blood orb while the other, mixed with a few other reagent, will give you the awakened activation crystal.
Instructions: (Use the book to manually submit xyz) Use some terrae to get a few elementals. Kill at least one for the quest. You will also need to prove that you can make those late game items.
Step: 1) Kill one (1) Earth Elemental, 2) Detect an Archmage Blood Orb, 3) Detect an Awakened Activation Crystal
Requirement for step: Tier 5 Blood altar (can be unlocked at level 4), optionnaly after a demon summoning quest
Further Steps: Elemental Marathon (killing one of each elemental)
Reward: Legendary bag, 32 Ritual Stone, a Wither star

chcs

Jul 29, 2019
Quest Title:
Give Until it Hurts

Description:
(This would probably be one of the first quests in the Blood Magic line.)
In order to delve into the world of Blood Magic, you must first construct an altar. Blood Magic without an altar is synonymous to Minecraft without a crafting table -- without one you won't get very far. Once you've created the altar, you must create the first tier blood orb: the Weak Blood Orb. To make the orb, you must place a diamond in the altar and provide it with "life essence," or, in other words, your own blood. To add life essence to the altar, stand nearby and use the Sacrificial Knife/Orb. The altar will slowly fill up with essence for each heart of life you sacrifice.

Instructions/Steps:
Manual detect: Blood Altar
Manual detect: Sacrificial Knife/Orb
Manual detect: Weak Blood Orb

Reward:
Dagger of Sacrifice
Rune of Sacrifice
Rune of Self-Sacrifice