Crash Landing, help, venting and discussion!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

RollDawg

Jul 29, 2019
Best tip i can give mid game is prioritize getting 2 tree farms. 1 big one for charcoal, wood and sappling production while the other one will be purely for wood and sheared leaves. Coal is power. When you have coal, you can use them to power your machines, aka pulverizers.

http://imgur.com/a/ZrIxR

people say that SFM auto sievers are best and less laggy. To me. Thats bull. The block updates you're causing by moving items to and fro inventories is A+. heck its S+ lag level. With auton activators, they will just travel 8 blocks tops and be collected. Done and dusted. As with SFM, stacks of items get thrown on the ground and picked up per tick. This causes more lag. The amount of stress you're giving java is horribru. Auton activs are also easy to maintain, expand, automate and control. Expand -> just make a long line, 8 blocks tops for water to carry items. thats 8 sieves in total. You can fit 3 auton activator per sieve. Automate -> just water, auton acti, sieves, some blocks and a hopper. Control -> If 8 sieves causing you lag, decrease them. Chests full, stop production of dust. Control -> easy redstone control. Dont have enough storage? just use 2 sieves. Ive been using 2 sieves per thing (dust / gravel / sand) the whole time. so far i have atleast 3 stacks of blocks per metal. Thats excluding the ones i used for crafting stuff. and my dia chest is almost half full of those blocks.

Last edited:

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Best tip i can give mid game is prioritize getting 2 tree farms. 1 big one for charcoal, wood and sappling production while the other one will be purely for wood and sheared leaves. Coal is power. When you have coal, you can use them to power your machines, aka pulverizers.

http://imgur.com/a/ZrIxR

people say that SFM auto sievers are best and less laggy. To me. Thats bull. The block updates you're causing by moving items to and fro inventories is A+. heck its S+ lag level. With auton activators, they will just travel 8 blocks tops and be collected. Done and dusted. As with SFM, stacks of items get thrown on the ground and picked up per tick. This causes more lag. The amount of stress you're giving java is horribru. Auton activs are also easy to maintain, expand, automate and control. Expand -> just make a long line, 8 blocks tops for water to carry items. thats 8 sieves in total. You can fit 3 auton activator per sieve. Automate -> just water, auton acti, sieves, some blocks and a hopper. Control -> If 8 sieves causing you lag, decrease them. Chests full, stop production of dust. Control -> easy redstone control. Dont have enough storage? just use 2 sieves. Ive been using 2 sieves per thing (dust / gravel / sand) the whole time. so far i have atleast 3 stacks of blocks per metal. Thats excluding the ones i used for crafting stuff. and my dia chest is almost half full of those blocks.
and SFM is just as easy to expand, just add gates and sieve as needed

if you dislike the 1t clock you can just as easily use a slower clock at the cost of taking more time

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
people say that SFM auto sievers are best and less laggy. To me. Thats bull.
Is it a speculation, or base on real measurements? I doubt a single (or dozen) machines working with one or two stacks even at 1 action/tick can cause serious lag.

Teebor

Jul 29, 2019
Is it a speculation, or base on real measurements? I doubt a single (or dozen) machines working with one or two stacks even at 1 action/tick can cause serious lag.

I would say I notice a drop in performance when I turn my SFM on after it stops when the chunk unloads. It's three sieves but I only notice it at the time I'm standing next to it so it's likely a graphics thing. Otherwise I see no issues with SFM at all

Raveb

Jul 29, 2019
One trick I've noted to effectively using SFM is that it is better to use multiple triggers as opposed to chaining everything off of one trigger. Having the sieving running on a 1/tick basis is great and really tears through whatever material you put in the input. Most functions, however, can be done effectively on a 1/second basis or slower. If you have a function that only really needs to happen once every 10 seconds don't be afraid to set it that way. Everything from ore condensing to auto smelting to water production. If you optimize your timing with SFM you will make much better use of your computer resources.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
One trick I've noted to effectively using SFM is that it is better to use multiple triggers as opposed to chaining everything off of one trigger. Having the sieving running on a 1/tick basis is great and really tears through whatever material you put in the input. Most functions, however, can be done effectively on a 1/second basis or slower. If you have a function that only really needs to happen once every 10 seconds don't be afraid to set it that way. Everything from ore condensing to auto smelting to water production. If you optimize your timing with SFM you will make much better use of your computer resources.
I personnaly have 2 trigger set

One second trigger for detection, crafting,moving stuff
10 second for detection that include pressure chamber usage

stentninja

Jul 29, 2019
Does holding anything cold like ice snow balls or snow blocks cool you down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
You can fit 3 auton activator per sieve.
U can use up to 7 of AA per sieve (in 1.6.4, but i don't see changes in 1.7.1 in AA)
XOX
XSX
XYX
two top AA sets to work with block down
two bottom AA sets to work with block up
Y is AA faced UP
X is AA faced to sieve
S is sieve
O is nothing
so U get only 4 seives. By 1 per gravel/sand/dust/soulsand.

Last edited:

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
U can use up to 7 of AA per sieve (in 1.6.4, but i don't see changes in 1.7.1 in AA)
XOX
XSX
XYX
two top AA sets to work with block down
two bottom AA sets to work with block up
Y is AA faced UP
X is AA faced to sieve
S is sieve
O is nothing
so U get only 4 seives. By 1 per gravel/sand/dust/soulsand.
One, you gain no speed after 6
Two, with 6 you are better off using 2x3
Threr, you don't need to sieve sand
Four, what kind of soul sand production do you have to prodice enough for 7 AA? :p

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
One, you gain no speed after 6
Two, with 6 you are better off using 2x3
Threr, you don't need to sieve sand
Four, what kind of soul sand production do you have to prodice enough for 7 AA? :p
1. I found some of that, but not found witch more correct 6 or 7
2. 6 AA + 1 sieve = 7 blocks <> 2x3 :confused: how?
3. well :rolleyes: yes ;). Never think this way. Build by default in scop. Minus 80 RF(? or 40 in two pulverizators?). Thanks for correction.
4. thread No?

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Any suggestion about plastic plants farming? Which seeds to use, how to get them, how to organise the farm.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
1. I found some of that, but not found witch more correct 6 or 7
2. 6 AA + 1 sieve = 7 blocks <> 2x3 :confused: how?
3. well :rolleyes: yes ;). Never think this way. Build by default in scop. Minus 80 RF(? or 40 in two pulverizators?). Thanks for correction.
4. thread No?
2 sieve at 3 AA I meant by 2x3
I am actually too lazy to build pulverizer and have a hammering corner (which is cooler btw) so i only hammer cobble-gravel and get dust with my excavator (mainly from building my basement :3)
Or an army of regen potion? :D (god i want blood magic in that pack now)

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Any suggestion about plastic plants farming? Which seeds to use, how to get them, how to organise the farm.
Bonemealx2 break and repeat

The ones you need:
Creeper (green)
Fire (red)
Squid (black)
Lightining (light blue)
Rain (blue)

Unless you play with drones, then you need em' all

Last edited:

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
1. we don't know which seeds U need
2. some seeds U get by quests, some from griffing town, some from craft
3. may be SMF? Pnevmatic helecopter?

Raveb

Jul 29, 2019

You can get any of the seeds by mixing grass seeds with a dye of the appropriate color. If you plan to use drones you could end up needing at least a few of each color. Squid, Lighting, and Creeper will see the most use however.

As to setting up a seed farm I am going to be using Landstryders setup to start with at least. It's a good auto farming build.

Wursti

Jul 29, 2019
This goes under early game tips, a strategy that worked for me:
- Spend as much time as possible growing trees. Use the wood to
- Build a mob tower. It will supply you with enough drops to make water to never get dehydrated.
- Spend the first two iron on shears. Use the water you get from the leaves to start your mob tower.
I had a working mob tower on day 3 or 4. (I don't know if this still works in 1.1.2)
- Switch between rice soup, spider eye soup and stock. Easy to get foods that won't give diminishing retuturns.
- Later in the game: Spend some time to make a stack of delighted meals. They're worth the effort and not that hard to make
- When using the PC pressure chamber: breaking the chamber and throwing in severeral stacks is more air and time efficient than using the interface.
- What also worked quite well for me is: get a bed in day 2 and sleep before the night comes. Each and every day. May not be a perfect strategy
but works if you are too lazy to build a wall around your base (like me :D )

Hope that this will help somebody

schpeelah

Jul 29, 2019
A mob tower is a waste of time. You are already living in a giant mob spawner. Holes for mobs to fall into (1x1, 3 deep) or arrange a "hit mobs in the legs through a half-block gap" type deal.

There isn't much point to making things that restore 4-4.5 hunger bars. They'll never degrade and if your farm is big enough for you to survive up to this point, it's big enough to provide a neverending supply of BLTs.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
A mob tower is a waste of time. You are already living in a giant mob spawner. Holes for mobs to fall into (1x1, 3 deep) or arrange a "hit mobs in the legs through a half-block gap" type deal.

There isn't much point to making things that restore 4-4.5 hunger bars. They'll never degrade and if your farm is big enough for you to survive up to this point, it's big enough to provide a neverending supply of BLTs.
You don't even need BLTs. Bacon Cheeseburgers require wheat and soybeans. Job done.