Crash Landing, help, venting and discussion!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Early game? Lumber axe needs 4 block of metal and a trip to the city :p

Thats more like mid game :p

And you can do it with spruce too

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
Early game? Lumber axe needs 4 block of metal and a trip to the city :p

Thats more like mid game :p

And you can do it with spruce too
Early game is anything before large scale automation to me. And it's trivial to make once you get a smeltery up and running.

Considering a Planter and harvester combo takes two PCB which requires a stack of Compressed Iron for the P.chamber, PcB which aren't easy to make early game and etc, you can get a lumber axe much sooner than said combo.

Especially if you use Copper/Tin which is likely since there's not much use for them and you will have a lot of it for tool making.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
A few tips from my playthroughs:

1) The road next to the shuttle has cobble blackstone, which can be used to make the first regular or slab furnace a little earlier (I make it on the second day, but you could do it on first if you really wanted to).
2) Don't sieve manually, if you plan things right you'll get the Autonomous Activator before you have time to sieve a single stack of dust. With some water flow and a hopper (or a vacuum hopper) that can be automated even more.
3) Don't build walls around your base, it's a waste of time. Only a small temporary 2-deep trench is needed for the first few nights, and that also gives you just enough dust to sieve on the first night. Then you can make a bed.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know about the development of 1.1.3?

----------------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
Mid/end game stuff

So was anyone a good player and left the spawners behind in the city untouched? (Probbably not). For the few wise people who left a few spawners alone you have a way of moving spawners. If your saying: Crusher.....Diamond dolly recipe have been removed so how can I move a spawner?

Elementary my dear Watson!
Extra cells has the spatial storage so you can store and move a spawner, but it comes at a price as well.

MFR portaspawner FTW.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Mid/end game stuff

So was anyone a good player and left the spawners behind in the city untouched? (Probbably not). For the few wise people who left a few spawners alone you have a way of moving spawners. If your saying: Crusher.....Diamond dolly recipe have been removed so how can I move a spawner?

Elementary my dear Watson!
Extra cells has the spatial storage so you can store and move a spawner, but it comes at a price as well.
Like if we are running out of spawner xd

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Ya, surround your base with conveyor belts that feed to a grinder, and don't get in bed when it becomes night, you'll get anything you might need.

Except endermen, those you can safari-net and spawn as needed. Oh, and blazes.

Jul 29, 2019
wsYrPLN.png
Finally finished this map playin it on and off xD

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Bout a week real time into this now, a few notes...

1. The author of special mobs is a sadistic sod to be sure;)
2. This modpack is hard
3. Making jelly for PB&J nets you free glass bottles.
3. Everytime you die you get a Tinkers Materials and You
4. Everytime you craft seared bricks you get a Might Smelting
5. Wood slab overhangs on ur wall are the only way to survive early on
6. When starting ignore the quests and get a crucible to melt leaves by dawn the second day.
7. Mine under your ship for dust, no collapsing, no mobs and no heat
8. The author of special mobs needs battery acid injected into their eye.
9. This modpack is hard

Oh and one question, any way to turn infinite water back on? I wanna build a moat around my walls and without it I'll be carrying water for years

U

Undertale4612

I am in creative on Crash Landing and I have been trying to make a automatic sieve, and I have tried a lot of them, but not one of them will work. Any help would be great.

Last edited:

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I am in creative on Crash Landing and I have been trying to make a automatic sieve, and I have tried a lot of them, but not a one of them will work. Any help would be great.

I've always used an autonomous activator to run the sieve and a stream of water flowing over the sieve to carry the output to a hopper. I tend to bury it below grad to make sure none of the output bounces out ofthe water stream. Not sure just how automated you want it though.

-edit- look through this forum I recall several examples being included theirin.http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...hardcore-hqm-version-1-1-x-beta-stable.46277/

U

Undertale4612

I've always used an autonomous activator to run the sieve and a stream of water flowing over the sieve to carry the output to a hopper. I tend to bury it below grad to make sure none of the output bounces out ofthe water stream. Not sure just how automated you want it though.

-edit- look through this forum I recall several examples being included theirin.http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...hardcore-hqm-version-1-1-x-beta-stable.46277/
Thank you for the help!

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for the help!
Just 479 pages to look through!
There are complete systems using steves factory manager when you have enough materials or very simple starting systems when you only have an autonomous activator which the link below shows and PODonnell describes, I've also seen waterless versions where the sieve, hopper and AA are enclosed in blocks(glass looks best!)
Try google image search or the ftb wiki - I usually use covers to hold the water in place, rather than whole blocks
- http://ftbwiki.org/Tutorial:Getting_Started_(Crash_Landing)

U

Undertale4612

Has anyone else had NotEnoughItems totally stop working on them? Because for me one minute it was working perfectly fine then the next it wasn't showing up at all. I looked in the settings, I went into the modpack itself took NotEnoughItems out and put it back into the pack and it still wouldn't work. Anyone else experience this issue and if so how did you fix it?

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Has anyone else had NotEnoughItems totally stop working on them? Because for me one minute it was working perfectly fine then the next it wasn't showing up at all. I looked in the settings, I went into the modpack itself took NotEnoughItems out and put it back into the pack and it still wouldn't work. Anyone else experience this issue and if so how did you fix it?

press "O" while viewing you inventory.

T

tylercreapkiller

Hi I am Stuck with the fluid/item ducts. I looked up videos and tried all modes. I am using a vacuum hopper connected to a chest with it. Is this possible?