Crash Landing, help, venting and discussion!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
He can throw bricks at enemies and actually does damage as opposed to the snow golem

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
Using bonemeal, three chests SFM, 4 block gates and a rapid valve you can make a SFM system to plant Pneumaticraft seeds , harvest them and when harvest = false bonemeal them.

Logic goes like this

For each [Var] > Condition (When Var{block gates}) = 2 Seeds )

If true, use Direwolf's build

If False, Input chest 3, Output to 2 block gates above plant* ( Whitelist 1 bone meal), Rapid Item Valve (Black list seeds)

*since you can't do it from the sides as you have to contain the seed in a box of blocks to prevent it from moving out of position

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
@Shane2482 and @iskander are working on 1.3 it is rumored. As well as an 'ending', before moving to Crash Landing in 1.7.x
Yes theres more to come i know a lot but theres also a lot Iskandar keeps to himself and theres also a lot he hasnt even desided on yet. But i can say that there will be some big things in the future. Side note iv asked about CL2 and well if what he said comes true then man its going to be fun :D

Rubik842

Jul 29, 2019
Just a quick question. Does the high golem have any uses?
very useful to keep around as a warning device. He has saved me a few times from ghost spiders when I am busy working on something. He doesnt get in the way like a dog

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
As far as the Grinder goes, a one block seperation will prevent Mobs from exploding and destroying the conduits/pipes

That said my setup is from top down

0CG
EEP

C=Chest
G= Grinder
P = Power Cell
E = conduits

under C and G are inventory cables which can pull out drops from C and Mob essence directly from G
P is as far as I can tell invulnerable to random explosions. And P acts as a one block seperation that prevents the conduits from being blown up

MiniMoggie

Jul 29, 2019
I saw that Youtubers were having trouble with conduits, etc being broken by creeper explosions with their grinder set ups so I decided to put a wall between my grinder and the mobs. I made 4 grinders and set up what I call my reactor chamber. It has internal dimensions of 8 x 10 which is easily covered by my 4 grinders. The advantage of this set up is that I have more sides of the grinder easily available.
https://i.imgur.com/VZF9fMV.png

I have 3 full drums of mob juice which is more than sufficient to run my 3 reactant dynamos

schpeelah

Jul 29, 2019
You can also put the grinder in the floor :)
My solution of choice is conduit into the bottom, chest behind, and transport items and fluids with SFM. Though if you wanted to use ducts exclusively, you could stick them on the back and top or use an OpenBlocks tank as the grinder's output so all the ducts are running behind the grinder.

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
Actually a power cell so far works fine in regards to powering the grinder without breaking.

On a similar note covers don't protect conduits

MiniMoggie

Jul 29, 2019
I decided to turn one of the blaze spawners in the city into a blaze farm just for the fun of it.

https://i.imgur.com/Vkeo6Ju.png
https://i.imgur.com/OFELq1w.png

I don't know if I'm ever going to need that many blaze rods but who cares and besides the XP is useful ::)

The hardest part was blocking up the windows which I first did very quickly with cobble and then I went around and changed them one a time with the blue glass and fantasy blocks. Once I did that I built a floor just below the floor with the blaze spawner on and in order to clear the room above of furniture etc I took out a block at a time then reached up and broke the furnishing blocks above and then quickly replaced the floor block. I went around the whole floor until I'd done that. Then I placed the conveyors and then the really fun part was finally taking out the old floor. Having diamond armour, a jet pack and fire resistance potions was essential.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I decided to turn one of the blaze spawners in the city into a blaze farm just for the fun of it.
https://i.imgur.com/Vkeo6Jus.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/OFELq1ws.jpg
I don't know if I'm ever going to need that many blaze rods but who cares and besides the XP is useful ::)

The hardest part was blocking up the windows which I first did very quickly with cobble and then I went around and changed them one a time with the blue glass and fantasy blocks. Once I did that I built a floor just below the floor with the blaze spawner on and in order to clear the room above of furniture etc I took out a block at a time then reached up and broke the furnishing blocks above and then quickly replaced the floor block. I went around the whole floor until I'd done that. Then I placed the conveyors and then the really fun part was finally taking out the old floor. Having diamond armour, a jet pack and fire resistance potions was essential.
hqdefault.jpg

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
So I decided this week that I would grind my way through getting an aqueous accumulator, because...hey, why not? Sure, it's going to be long and grindy, but I've got materials to burn and surely it won't take too many days.

I am starting to suspect that I might have underestimated how long this will take...

Reactions: Rubik842

Jul 29, 2019
Guys.
I
Hate
PneumaticCraft.

Lightning seeds? Easy enough, bonemeal to max size and break, gets 2 per plant.
But squid seeds...oh, my, god.
On the wiki it says to bone meal until a squid pops out and then kill the squid for seeds.
It takes ages, not even joking.
Anyone else having this issue or am i royally ****in up? >.<
-Av

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
Guys.
I
Hate
PneumaticCraft.

Lightning seeds? Easy enough, bonemeal to max size and break, gets 2 per plant.
But squid seeds...oh, my, god.
On the wiki it says to bone meal until a squid pops out and then kill the squid for seeds.
It takes ages, not even joking.
Anyone else having this issue or am i royally ****in up? >.<
-Av
Wiki's wrong.

Bone meal twice, break it, drops at least one seed, usually two