Confessions: I never ... even though I'm told I should.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
I've never trusted klingons, and I never will.
I'm sorry that was terribad.

I've never...
Used hobbyist's steam engines.
Gone into a Dark Tower (from TF) without crazy flight stuff.
Made a sorting system ever.
Crafted much in XR, beyond the Sojourner's Staff and the Coin of Fortune.
Touched vanilla IC2 tools.
Made fuel that isn't biomass.
Used a mining well.
Used diamond pipes.
Slain a Wither/Enderdragon.
Made more than 7 chests to store all my junk.
Made quantum armour.
Enchanted vanilla armour.
Used item transport for anything bigger than simple A to B transport.
Upgraded a barrel to extradimensional.
Made an automated farm of any kind.
Used turtles or computers.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
I used to hate buildcraft and all of it's stuff besides the pipes. Now I love it though.

I only use uranium for blocks that I stack on places so I can pretend I'm getting illegal shipments to my evil lair. Or that it's toxic waste. I don't even have a reactor, or even a reactor chamber.

I've also never wanted to post random screenies everywhere before this forum. I love it here, and I can sense that it's unhealthy.

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, wow. This will be fun. I'll use your list as kind of a baseline, ok?

Whew, I feel cleansed. Anyone else wanna confess?

• I don't have Xycraft installed.
  • I turned off most of Railcraft, pretty much anything which isn't related to tanks and boilers.
  • Speaking of boilers, I use solid fueled boilers because Forestry is removed.
  • So, yeah, no bees either.
  • I've removed Mystcraft.
  • I'm this > < close to removing Thaumcraft, too.
  • I've removed Gregtech. . .
  • . . . and advanced solars. . .
  • . . .and IC2.
  • While I have found some use in RP2 it generally has been restricted to red alloy wiring and nothing else, so given how glacial it gets updated to new versions of Minecraft I'll probably drop it here soon, too.
  • I don't use barrels as Factorization is also not installed.
  • Love coding in Python, want to learn LUA, removed Computercraft.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, wow. This will be fun. I'll use your list as kind of a baseline, ok?

• I don't have Xycraft installed.
  • I turned off most of Railcraft, pretty much anything which isn't related to tanks and boilers.
  • Speaking of boilers, I use solid fueled boilers because Forestry is removed.
  • So, yeah, no bees either.
  • I've removed Mystcraft.
  • I'm this > < close to removing Thaumcraft, too.
  • I've removed Gregtech. . .
  • . . . and advanced solars. . .
  • . . .and IC2.
  • While I have found some use in RP2 it generally has been restricted to red alloy wiring and nothing else, so given how glacial it gets updated to new versions of Minecraft I'll probably drop it here soon, too.
  • I don't use barrels as Factorization is also not installed.
  • Love coding in Python, want to learn LUA, removed Computercraft.

so you're playing vanilla with boilers eh

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
so you're playing vanilla with boilers eh

Nope. I have about 20 mods installed based off the old FTBBETA pack. I just remove stuff that I dislike or will not use as it duplicates functionality in another mod without adding lots of stuff I will use regularly. Why load hundreds of block IDs, cause dozens upon dozens of world gen blocks, and have the engine keep track of mechanics which don't interest me nor I ever intend to use? Dropping them keeps my block IDs free for other mods, keeps my in-game inventories slim, gets the game and world to load faster, and I lose nothing in the deal.

BTW, in case you're wondering what's left, the core of the mods I use are: Thermal Expansion, Applied Energistics, Buildcraft, MPS, Twilight Forest, Steve's Carts and 1/2 of Railcraft. Hardly what I would called "Vanilla with boilers".

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I've never used AE beyond a grindstone, and I don't plan on going further ever.
I've never been so pleased with FTB than when I reverted all the recipes back to normal .
I've never used XR and I don't want to.
I too have never used xycraft blocks other than the black one. The other colors induce migraines for me.
I've never tamed an ocelot in modded minecraft.
I've never felt motivated to build anything cool until I went to normal recipes. Now that there's no rush to craft machines, I'm building a Frank Llyod Wright house from blueprints I found that work perfectly for minecraft.
I've never liked Endermen. I hate Endermen. Damned Endermen! I kill the dragon early so I can flood the End!
I've never flooded the End
I haven't killed the dragon in my new world because I'm caught up in building a house

Reactions: ApSciLiara

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
I used to hate buildcraft and all of it's stuff besides the pipes. Now I love it though.

I only use uranium for blocks that I stack on places so I can pretend I'm getting illegal shipments to my evil lair. Or that it's toxic waste. I don't even have a reactor, or even a reactor chamber.

I've also never wanted to post random screenies everywhere before this forum. I love it here, and I can sense that it's unhealthy.
or you could use biofuel for toxic waste and have vast supplies of it

Jul 29, 2019
I've never been completely invested in a single building for more than a day. I get bored and start building another house.
I've never truly used Factorization for increased ore output. AE grindstone + Engineering turtle(s) is way faster and cheaper.
I've also never built a forestry farm, be it multiblock or normal. They seem too resource-intensive comparing them to a simple Steve's Cart farm.
Even though I have a Powersuit that's basically fully upgraded, I use a Portalgun to get around. Even short distances.
I also have never played with Gregtech on for more than 15 minutes at a time because of how long I have to wait to do anything.

BeastFeeder

Jul 29, 2019
I've done ALL of that! ;) It's fun, except for bees. Bees are boring and don't produce enough of anything worthwhile that I can't just get faster in other ways.

I've never used minefactory though. Didn't see anyone mention that.

NashuLee

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, I have been mincrafting for a year now and I have never.....uhhhmmmm it will be faster to say...

I have built a quarry and pipped stuff into three chests, uhm, I went to twighlight once....found nothing.... I have built one nice house sort of... and that's about it. I mine, get resources, start to build a place, get bored and start over. It never fails, that's my MO. So it is fair to say I never dis most the stuff posted here. I've never killed a an ender dragon, Iv never been to the end, I have never seen a witch, nor seen a wither, are they in ultimate?? Iv never built anything fancy nor automated, though I want to, I just never get that far!!!

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Never used MystCraft in a creative game (read: 90% of my worlds).
Never used any fuel for my generators or engines other than Alumentum.
All my creosote oil is generated by Wood being burned to Charcoal.
I've never created an actual Blast Furnace. Only industrial ones.

tatopolos

Jul 29, 2019
I've never spawned a Wither.
I've never fought Jean (that's the enderdragon's actual name) in survival mode.
...hang on, those are vanilla things.
I've never built a real sorting system. I've moved some items around in pipes or tubes on occasion, but never truly sorted. (I do have the makings of an AE system ready to install but I don't have the place to put them or the power to run it quite yet)
I've never run a boiler. Actually I made my first setup yesterday but I haven't quite got around to starting it yet. (Actually I want my AE system to supply wood to the boiler but I want the boiler to supply power to the AE system... and I need to finish another level of my base first since there's no room and the ceiling still isn't finished...)
I've never made or operated a nuclear reactor.
I've never made or used a turtle other than a mining turtle, and I've never used a program other than tunnel and excavate. Even though I'm a software engineer and am familiar with Lua, so I don't really have an excuse.
I've never found, made, or used iridium, platinum, or chrome. I just never got that far (and was kinda scared off until now). Yesterday I made my first massfab and made titanium, so this should change soon.
I've never made golems or any of the fancy TC wands, even though they look incredibly awesome, because I don't really have the patience for research, but mainly because I'm afraid of messing up the world with flux or wasting the vis, even though that's probably an irrational fear.
I've never made or used a router, or wrath lamp, even though they look pretty useful and awesome.
I've never made a mod, even though I figure I could.
I've never made a frame quarry, as epic as they seem, mainly because I don't have a sorting system, and I like mining.
I've never made a train or any of the more complex kinds of rails or a signalling system, even though I like trains a lot and have had some interest in model rail. I only just realised how odd this lack is.
I've never made Aerial Faith Plates... and I really ought to fix that very soon :D
Oh, and I've never made a XR handgun, though X3n0 is awesome and I've wanted to try his mod for ages and I've had it installed a few times.
I've never made liquid fuels other than BuildCraft's regular yellow refined oil fuel, or Forestry biomass, and I never used the biomass (mainly because that world deleted itself before I could get that far).
[edit] Oh yeah, I've never used any type of Forestry farm, or bred trees. And I haven't really bred bees. I did do a few runs of bees but if I got any new types I don't really remember.

And probably a lot of other stuff I've barely noticed is installed.
What are you doing here? BACK TO WORK!! :D

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
SRX55YT.jpg

Stairmasternem

Jul 29, 2019
Never fully built a sorting system. FTB Minecraft is like Skyrim for me. Any time I get sort of rolling in a world/character, something updates and I feel like starting all over.

Reactions: cmwatford