Solved Common Server problems, and sollutions.

krizmac

Jul 29, 2019
I suggest you start a thread for that ^ I'm not going to answer it here. Not to be a tool, but on general principles.

Judgebot

Jul 29, 2019
Guys i know this is slightly off topic but can you put your error/generation logs in pastebin or
Code:

so it makes it easier for people to read the thread without having a wall of non formatted text? :p

coddy

Jul 29, 2019
ok i try starting the server but when i run the server start.bat the cmd line thing opens than closes almost instantly not allowing it to load or me to even look at it,what should i do?

Judgebot

Jul 29, 2019
ok i try starting the server but when i run the server start.bat the cmd line thing opens than closes almost instantly not allowing it to load or me to even look at it,what should i do?

Running it off your PC i suppose?

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Can you guys please post tech support threads. This thread really is not meant for you to post your problems and receive help.

Lucius

Jul 29, 2019
I know this is unlikely but is there a plan to add a recipe lookup when starting up a server? The reason I ask is because I had a problem once I had removed a few mods for my private server. I wasn't getting copper or silver ore spawns because the mod which provided those according to configs was one of the ones I removed.

If the server would check for ores enabled in each of the mods and then run through the required ores in recipes for those same mods there could at the very least be a message in the log window
" (mod) (type) ore recipe found - no (type) ore generation enabled "
And yes I know most recipes have redundancy for missing intercompatibility, but a message along those those lines could be ignored or acted upon quite easily, while being very helpful for the few who wish to enable/disable mods instead of use a pure pack but aren't familiar with the multiple layouts of configs.

EDIT: maybe a simple list of the ores found in the mods and then beside that the mods which have the ore enabled. That way you could see multiple generations of the same ore as well as any lacking ones (as I have multiple silver, copper, lead ore ID's which is less severe but still annoying).
I would love to see this small addition to servers and probably the forge ore dictionary would be beneficial in correlating a list like this. (I'm not a modder though, so I'm not sure)
E.G.

Checking Mods Ore Generation:
Copper - Enabled - buildcraft,factorization
Iridium - Enabled - gregtech
Saltpeter - Disabled
Silver - Enabled - factorization
Lead - Disabled

(only an example, factorization would be almost useless without lead lol)
Apologies if this is in the wrong section but it seems like something worth fixing, even if it isn't broken in the truest sense of the word.

EDIT: strikes added for clarity because initial idea was a bit lame.

Deadlyapples

Jul 29, 2019
May i ask a question?

Its about the tick rate of a server. Ive noticed that my server doesnt have lag. No internet connection issues. However mobs, players and machine seem to chug along, and stutter. Instead of it being like a smooth and consistent run its all jerky. My system that i am running the server on should be enough. Perhaps the Ghz arnt heigh enough?

2.66 - 16 Cores. 16 GB Ram - 8 Of which is allocated to the server.
Running on a standard HDD Lots of space.
Running on Mac OSX Lion.

Is there anything wrong with that? One thing I have noticed is that when I run windows (Its dual boot) the server runs smoother. But still jerky. Thing is. It even runs jerky when I log into the server via my network on another PC. :/ I am assuming it is because the server has a low tick rate.

According to my Mac OS Monitors. (View CPU, Disk and Ram usage) Its using 5% of my CPU...

Sorry if this isn't in the right place.

Le Sigh.. :p

Deadlyapples

Jul 29, 2019
I thought I'd add abit to it. I have set up a SSP world and then opened it to Lan and then forwarded my dyndns to it so people can connect and there is no lag what so ever when done this way? But lots of lag when I run a server independantly? Why?

j.cook94

Jul 29, 2019
i've got a problem i'm hosting a server through hamachi and i can get on fine, but when i give the same ip to a friend who is already on my network the cannot find the server, have any ideas?

Lucius

Jul 29, 2019
It seems no-one is replying to my suggestion/problem 4 posts back.
I would appreciate some indication of whether it's viable or planned for forge. I might be the only one who would love to see this on a server startup but I doubt it.

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
I know this is unlikely but is there a plan to add a recipe lookup when starting up a server? The reason I ask is because I had a problem once I had removed a few mods for my private server. I wasn't getting copper or silver ore spawns because the mod which provided those according to configs was one of the ones I removed.

If the server would check for ores enabled in each of the mods and then run through the required ores in recipes for those same mods there could at the very least be a message in the log window
" (mod) (type) ore recipe found - no (type) ore generation enabled "
And yes I know most recipes have redundancy for missing intercompatibility, but a message along those those lines could be ignored or acted upon quite easily, while being very helpful for the few who wish to enable/disable mods instead of use a pure pack but aren't familiar with the multiple layouts of configs.

EDIT: maybe a simple list of the ores found in the mods and then beside that the mods which have the ore enabled. That way you could see multiple generations of the same ore as well as any lacking ones (as I have multiple silver, copper, lead ore ID's which is less severe but still annoying).
I would love to see this small addition to servers and probably the forge ore dictionary would be beneficial in correlating a list like this. (I'm not a modder though, so I'm not sure)
E.G.

Checking Mods Ore Generation:
Copper - Enabled - buildcraft,factorization
Iridium - Enabled - gregtech
Saltpeter - Disabled
Silver - Enabled - factorization
Lead - Disabled

(only an example, factorization would be almost useless without lead lol)
Apologies if this is in the wrong section but it seems like something worth fixing, even if it isn't broken in the truest sense of the word.

EDIT: strikes added for clarity because initial idea was a bit lame.

If you really want a comment by the mod in the server console, that is up to the mod creator!
Also setting up the ore spawn settings is in fact the job of the server owner and not really of anyone else.

meldrumminer

Jul 29, 2019
I have found a problem with a UE server. My friend is hosting it on a dedicated computer, as he owns a lot of servers which he all runs. However, whenever he or I attempts to connect to the UE server, we are told we do not have the correct version of FML on our client. Help please? Or if I am wasting my time asking here, can you point me in the right direction? Thank you.

James Kaul

Jul 29, 2019
I want to set up a server with Direwolf20's mod pack, but the server is still in 1.4.2. How do I remedy this?

OmagaIII

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys. I am in the same scenario as James Kaul. SSP "Open to LAN" does not accept connections and the server is out of date. Please advise.