cLOcKwORk PhaSe - Time magic all wrapped up in brass

Which would you be most interested in next?

• Machines running off of time magic.

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • Machines built with clockwork.

Votes: 27 28.1%
  • More time magic tools and gadgets.

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • More clockwork tools and gadgets.

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Phase specific "world events" (Bountiful harvest, Mob raids, etc...)

Votes: 33 34.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
Unfortunately, I cant seem to get them to connect at all. I hear theres a buffer that the fork has to have before it starts giving but I have 2 days of time sand in the fork and it still isn't giving anything.

for pics,

http://i.imgur.com/MYzPlCX.png the set up
http://i.imgur.com/kyRe1Vv.png after right clicking the time well, i right click the fork extractor.
http://i.imgur.com/v6ZizjC.png not exactly inputting into the well...
Yeah, that should definitely be plenty. Unless you're shift-clicking, I see no reason why that shouldn't work. The time well is completely empty?

Seiklus

Jul 29, 2019
quite unusual. it could be anything, and thats what makes it a difficult issue.
Doing rote testing.

Tested on earth extractor and fire. both are active extractors and it didnt work

EDIT: I tested a water extractor on a clean server, it works.
going to test this on my main server (with mods) maybe its just the active extractors.

EDIT: water extractor does not work at all on my modded server. there must be another mod interfering with the mod, specifically on servers/

Last edited:

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
quite unusual. it could be anything, and thats what makes it a difficult issue.
Doing rote testing.

Tested on earth extractor and fire. both are active extractors and it didnt work

EDIT: I tested a water extractor on a clean server, it works.
going to test this on my main server (with mods) maybe its just the active extractors.

EDIT: water extractor does not work at all on my modded server. there must be another mod interfering with the mod, specifically on servers/
I did test a while back with some of the more commonly used mods like Tinker's Construct and Thermal Expansion. If you find out which mod's causing the problem, let me know.

This mod looks so cool. ^_^
Thanks very much.

Reactions: Seiklus

Mirellie

Jul 29, 2019
how does quality and speed work on the sword? do i need to keep speed and quality balanced or do i just stack speed or quality very heavily?

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
how does quality and speed work on the sword? do i need to keep speed and quality balanced or do i just stack speed or quality very heavily?
The higher the speed, the more damage it will do, but if you don't balance the quality it'll use way more tension per hit. Ideally, shoot for a minimum quality of half your speed.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Does the hourglass benefit from adding a mainspring and a clockwork?

I made one to get a silk touch pocket watch, and it seems to be working fine by itself. I'm not even sure if it consumes any time sand, although I didn't mine many blocks so far.

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
Does the hourglass benefit from adding a mainspring and a clockwork?

I made one to get a silk touch pocket watch, and it seems to be working fine by itself. I'm not even sure if it consumes any time sand, although I didn't mine many blocks so far.
The pocket watch consumes some time sand from the hourglass every time you mine something that uses silk touch. If you throw the hourglass on one of the celestial compass circles, it'll gain a new ability when you turn it on (right-click). Each elemental hourglass does a different thing, but it needs the mainspring and clockwork to do anything beyond supply time sand.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Is there any way to take modules out of the Pocketwatch? I ask because one of the quests in Pathfinder is to create the Partial Gravity and Silk Touch modules, which I immediately applied to my pocketwatch before HQM realized that I'd made them. Smacking the pocketwatch on the Disassembler did nothing that I could see.

This version of Pathfinder uses Clockwork Phase 1.0c, which I realize isn't the latest version. If this has been fixed in a more recent version of the mod, I apologize for wasting your time.

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
Is there any way to take modules out of the Pocketwatch? I ask because one of the quests in Pathfinder is to create the Partial Gravity and Silk Touch modules, which I immediately applied to my pocketwatch before HQM realized that I'd made them. Smacking the pocketwatch on the Disassembler did nothing that I could see.

This version of Pathfinder uses Clockwork Phase 1.0c, which I realize isn't the latest version. If this has been fixed in a more recent version of the mod, I apologize for wasting your time.
I don't think it's possible, just because there didn't seem to be a reason for it at the time.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I don't think it's possible, just because there didn't seem to be a reason for it at the time.
Makes sense, I guess; the only reason you might have to take a module out in regular Survival mode that I can think of would be to give a module to another player in SMP who has their own pocketwatch. It just seems odd that you can disassemble all the other tools, but not the pocketwatch.

In any case, I did manage to complete that quest by spawning in another copy of the modules and voiding them afterward.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
I just noticed that the silk touch module saves the orientation of a block, such as tree log facing a direction, or tree leaves. Is that necessary, or could it perhaps use the default block type?

It's a minor inconvenience, since you can disable the module or move the clock into a bag, but it can be annoying to suddenly notice 5 different versions of the same log or leaves.

itanshi

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to add gears using quadrum or loot++, is there a known way to do this?

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
Would there be any chance you might be able to easily implement a config option to disable Clockwork Phase's brass recipe for those who have a recipe from another source? I'm presently testing a small pack with this and Flaxbeard's Steam Power installed, and would like to force the use of Flaxbeard's brass recipe instead, as I rather like the idea of the two mods being synced with one another. I'll likely be back later regardless to provide what feedback I can on the mod once I've produced enough materials to start progressing in something beyond vanilla!