cLOcKwORk PhaSe - Time magic all wrapped up in brass

Which would you be most interested in next?

• Machines running off of time magic.

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • Machines built with clockwork.

Votes: 27 28.1%
  • More time magic tools and gadgets.

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • More clockwork tools and gadgets.

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Phase specific "world events" (Bountiful harvest, Mob raids, etc...)

Votes: 33 34.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
Hello :D I really like this mod and hopefully clockwork phase 2 is coming soon. Also I was thinking that it would be cool to have clockwork Automata (Clockwork robots that look like humans). And have the Automata be able to do things such as farming or other tasks. What do you think?
We considered the idea of clockwork golems earlier actually. The idea is interesting, but there's the fact that Thaumcraft golems do roughly the same thing that the clockwork ones would. Thaumcraft already does a great job at golems and it would be a lot of work to make something that's already done so well by a popular mod.

That being said, I've had them requested a lot, so I'll revisit the idea later. Thanks for the suggestion.

bioa10

Jul 29, 2019
We considered the idea of clockwork golems earlier actually. The idea is interesting, but there's the fact that Thaumcraft golems do roughly the same thing that the clockwork ones would. Thaumcraft already does a great job at golems and it would be a lot of work to make something that's already done so well by a popular mod.

That being said, I've had them requested a lot, so I'll revisit the idea later. Thanks for the suggestion.
Maybe you could make the automata more human than thaumcraft golems, make then feel more like companions than minions.

Karnevale

Jul 29, 2019
I really loved this mod, and i know that there was talk of clockwork phase 2, but i havent seen any updates. is it still going on?

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
I really loved this mod, and i know that there was talk of clockwork phase 2, but i havent seen any updates. is it still going on?
It's still going, but I hit a few snags in development that have forced me to undo a lot of work and redesign some things.

T

TheSkyBreaker

Hey, when i surround my mainspring in iron it wont work. can you say what metals DO work?

T

TheSkyBreaker

clockwork assembaly table..... ill gte back to you if thats not in my version

T

TheSkyBreaker

also what inspired you to make this mod? ad by that i mean how did you come up with the theme?

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
also what inspired you to make this mod? ad by that i mean how did you come up with the theme?
To be honest, I can't actually remember. I think the original idea was something like "timed rituals" and it sorta morphed into what it is now. Eventually, the idea of clocks and clockwork grew from the theme of time, but the time magic was the original focus.

That's probably the biggest problem I face too; I've had trouble planning things properly. Clockwork Phase 2 was originally just meant to tweak a few things I wasn't happy with and add on to the original. At this point, it's basically a totally new mod I'm working on under the same name.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
To be honest, I can't actually remember. I think the original idea was something like "timed rituals" and it sorta morphed into what it is now. Eventually, the idea of clocks and clockwork grew from the theme of time, but the time magic was the original focus.

That's probably the biggest problem I face too; I've had trouble planning things properly. Clockwork Phase 2 was originally just meant to tweak a few things I wasn't happy with and add on to the original. At this point, it's basically a totally new mod I'm working on under the same name.
That's really interesting, I'd always thought the clockwork tools came first! Its a fantastic mod, had a lot of fun with it in a previous private pack I've played with. Many compliments - it really is a great mod :D

Reactions: Lumaceon
Jul 29, 2019

yo lumaceon im back! i got busy lol
so i was wondering, since im too lazy :p to see the ideas, but whats the plan for the clockwork phase 2? im very excited to see the mod start up, hopefully get into a couple FTB modpacks.
i read an idea a while back, something about creating golems? i think that sounds really good, especially having them as companions. i think there should be types too. like one that can pick up items, or fight mobs, stuff like that. but also add limitations, like you can only have 2 golem companion at a time or something like that. and i think the phases( if they are still there) can be used to enhance the golems. like for example having the fire phase make them fire immune, or the wind phase make them go super fast and jump boost. maybe even a golem that adds enhancements to the player? or will the armor do that? it seems very interesting this mod. has insane amount of potential. ill try to think of more ideas to come, since i love chronomancy.

and maybe a boss? Kronos time!(check greek mythology for more info)

ill try to continue the mod addon, but i just realized that ive never made a mod...much less an addon one...um...someone teach me? i have some good ideas for this mod as an addon, but all i can really do is just create blocks and sprites lol. the farthest ive ever been is creating a freaking blaze pig. p.s. it drops blazing pork chop, fills up hungerbar completely!

Last edited:
T

TheSkyBreaker

Interesting, when I first saw it I thought it might have been based off of celestial magic from fairytail. Someone made a mod adding that stuff, mabey mix your mod with theirs? And when did you get into modding? Sorry if I'm being annoying

Also mabey you should add some sort of dimension, mabey one that's a tear between time?

Also, mabey SOME kind of spell tome? Mabey something that uses times and to fuel things like a fireball, or a small black hole

Last edited by a moderator:

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
Lots of questions, I'll address them one by one.

... whats the plan for the clockwork phase 2?
Complete overhaul basically. Even changing the changes. I originally planned for a massive multi-dimension adventure, but it didn't pan out super well, so now it's going to be...different. I'm still in the process of planning properly so I don't waste a ton of work like I did in the past year or so.

i read an idea a while back, something about creating golems? i think that sounds really good, especially having them as companions. i think there should be types too. like one that can pick up items, or fight mobs, stuff like that. but also add limitations, like you can only have 2 golem companion at a time or something like that. and i think the phases( if they are still there) can be used to enhance the golems. like for example having the fire phase make them fire immune, or the wind phase make them go super fast and jump boost. maybe even a golem that adds enhancements to the player? or will the armor do that? it seems very interesting this mod. has insane amount of potential. ill try to think of more ideas to come, since i love chronomancy.
I do want golems, the issue is that I'm terrible with models and have very little experience in coding complex entities. I think golems are like my #1 most requested feature though (other than a guidebook), so I might have a go at it anyways, we'll see.

... and maybe a boss? Kronos time!(check greek mythology for more info)
Ehh, maybe. I'm not really sure what a boss would add to it at this point, but further down the road perhaps.

ill try to continue the mod addon, but i just realized that ive never made a mod...much less an addon one...um...someone teach me? i have some good ideas for this mod as an addon, but all i can really do is just create blocks and sprites lol. the farthest ive ever been is creating a freaking blaze pig. p.s. it drops blazing pork chop, fills up hungerbar completely!
I'd recommend coding a regular mod first. Not a big one, just a very small one so you know how to create the basics, like a block and an item. For the most part, I learned to code through online tutorials and google, so it's definitely a valid learning method. It just takes time and a lot of patience.

Interesting, when I first saw it I thought it might have been based off of celestial magic from fairytail. Someone made a mod adding that stuff, mabey mix your mod with theirs? And when did you get into modding? Sorry if I'm being annoying
I don't know that the two mods would combine well, one being a fan-made mod based off celestial magic from the anime and the other being time magic with clockwork. If I remember correctly, I've been modding off and on ever since 1.3, which was almost 4 years ago. During that time, I coded a lot of experimental features that never turned into real mods, but it did help me learn a good bit.

Also mabey you should add some sort of dimension, mabey one that's a tear between time?
Someone suggested a time rift at some point that sounded interesting, but with the current plans, I'm not sure what purpose it would have.

Also, mabey SOME kind of spell tome? Mabey something that uses times and to fuel things like a fireball, or a small black hole
I could picture some sort of magic-tech spellbook I guess. I'll consider it.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
and maybe a boss? Kronos time!(check greek mythology for more info)

Bosses are one of those things that need a lot of careful design to be worth it. It's a lot of work to properly create a boss, and if not done right, it ends up being a lot of wasted development time that could go towards something else. Having a boss just for the sake of having one is a great way to waste development time and make a mod feel half thought out.

Edit: Seems I just broke some quote linking by merging posts. Sorry about that.

Jul 29, 2019

Adding onto this idea, what if the boss can only be spawned in this...for now im calling it Valhalla(reference to a certain FF game). it would make some good sense, especially since Kronos is literally the lord of time. makes sense to watch it from somewhere that the waves of time does not touch.

Bosses are one of those things that need a lot of careful design to be worth it. It's a lot of work to properly create a boss, and if not done right, it ends up being a lot of wasted development time that could go towards something else. Having a boss just for the sake of having one is a great way to waste development time and make a mod feel half thought out.

Edit: Seems I just broke some quote linking by merging posts. Sorry about that.

I understand. Its just an idea. Doesnt need to be added.

I do want golems, the issue is that I'm terrible with models and have very little experience in coding complex entities. I think golems are like my #1 most requested feature though (other than a guidebook), so I might have a go at it anyways, we'll see.

I would start by making the Iron Golem into one of your special golems, and get its Ai set up first. at least then, you dont have to worry about model for a while. (although just imagining a giant golem harvesting some wheat is so...FUNNY)

Edit: plz add a guide book. The ony reason why i was able to play the first mod was because of youtube. But after i got the gist it was really fun....making myself super OP.

I'd recommend coding a regular mod first. Not a big one, just a very small one so you know how to create the basics, like a block and an item. For the most part, I learned to code through online tutorials and google, so it's definitely a valid learning method. It just takes time and a lot of patience.

I fully understand how to add the basics, like blocks and an item. what i completely dont understand is how to add stuff that requires another item, such as creating an arrow that can be used by the vanilla bow.

I also do not undestand creating the codes for bosses.

Ehh, maybe. I'm not really sure what a boss would add to it at this point, but further down the road perhaps.

a fan-made mod based off celestial magic from the anime

I could picture some sort of magic-tech spellbook I guess. I'll consider it.

1) it was starting to annoy me that i kept using the same thing to just reply
2) If you arent adding in the boss, it may be one of the bosses coming up in my addon mod. sounds nice. still have to learn how to code that of course.
3)WHAT ANIME!!! I MUST KNOWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4)ANIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5)sorry i got off track there...
6)What if the spellbook is similar to the blood magic spell system, or the Psi mod gun? like you can customize the spell to fit your needs. (imagine a spell that costs so much time sand, but when its activated it mines a 100x100xbedrock to the block limit giant holy crappin crater of pure miner's dream and super high school level lag lord)

Ill try to think of more ideas for ya. you dont need to do all of them of course.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
100x100x256 errrmahgod the lag
Edit: ProjectE/EE2 have the answer, but that are is just too big to be picked up like that. You better pick the container and open it to take the items out. More work, but less lag.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
You require a specific block - I believe it's called the clockwork assembly table. I realise the original text is deceptive on this, the OP probably needs adjusting. I think you needed that for the clockwork itself too so you should have one; there are tabs I believe, and you want the one with three slots.