Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
I actually was going to post something about this. I would like a config option for something similar that would fix both problems; The ability to swap between WASD and Arrow Keys for going through the Lexicon.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Just coming back on the topic of the lexicon and how to use it... i'm playing for about 10 days on a fresh world with my girlfriend and we both planned to delve into ChromatiCraft and see the new stuff. After figuring how to put info fragments into the lexion, messing a bit with pylons and random stuff, we just couldn't get the lexicon to work despite trying everything we could think about. She just thought it was bugged and forgot about it, as well as me...

Until i decided to sit for 2 hours looking on the net and reading through all the pages of this thread to finally see someone mentionning WASD !... Problem: we're from France, playing with an AZERTY keyboard and while we both tried our movements keys, they're not WASD and the config doesn't adapt to our own settings, so we had pretty much no chance to find out, save for bashing the keyboard over and over to find something that works.

So yeah, it's faster to reach jet fuel tier and almost prepare our nuclear fission reactor than to actually find how to use the ChromatiCraft info book, i think you really should consider an in game tip, some arrows or a config or something to hint at using these keys, Reika, especially for peoples with an AZERTY keyboard not using WASD as default movement keys. If ChromatiCraft at least had a config option in the controls menu to set some keys we could guess we don't have the right ones, but as none of your other mods so far used special keys, we never expected that one. It isn't clear at all especially as the book is pretty much mandatory with very few up-to-date infos on the net.
Arrow keys are already supported; as for alternate keyboard layouts, I can swap it to read the game settings cache of movement keys.

JoshBogs

Jul 29, 2019
@Reika , would it be possible to get a tour of your survival map? According to your Youtube channel the last tour was prior to ChromatiCraft about eight months ago.

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
I have the same problems, as well as large chunk areas not loading. Only thing I've been able to enough are fully fleshed out maps life material energy 4

Axylxys

Jul 29, 2019
Arrow keys are already supported; as for alternate keyboard layouts, I can swap it to read the game settings cache of movement keys.

Oh, is there anything special to toggle it off and on ? The arrow keys don't work at all for us, and for me it's the default movement setting in Minecraft, so there is something wrong there if it's intended to work (using version 3d).

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
We have fastcraft on the server and it certainly does help (I think)
Not nearly enough.

Oh, is there anything special to toggle it off and on ? The arrow keys don't work at all for us, and for me it's the default movement setting in Minecraft, so there is something wrong there if it's intended to work (using version 3d).
No, it must be a v4 feature.

Axylxys

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, after a look at the spotlight above it seems v4 should solve most of the beginner issues :)

Also, i read we shouldn't try to move pylons and it's understandable but, is it safe to break them to get rid of some of them, or does it cause some issues as well ?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Thanks, after a look at the spotlight above it seems v4 should solve most of the beginner issues :)

Also, i read we shouldn't try to move pylons and it's understandable but, is it safe to break them to get rid of some of them, or does it cause some issues as well ?
Breaking the glowing part is impossible (but safe in creative). Breaking the structure, which shuts down the pylon, is possible and safe, but not recommended; you will find yourself regretting it later.

JoshBogs

Jul 29, 2019
That map is 1.6.4 and has not been played since April, and the server I play on (less recently as of late) has much less to show.

Darn. No worries. I am still engulfed with MC content but never get to play much.

Would it be possible to "entwine" or "entangle" tools and armor with the magical properties from the ritual alter? Trying to find new and fitting terms for the mod. Enchanted is too common and infused may be taken.

Material properties could determine the strength/ energy drain of the abilities. We could have magnetic pants or sonic blast pics. And possibly bedrock items require no power drain for a nice touch of late game OP benefits.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Darn. No worries. I am still engulfed with MC content but never get to play much.

Would it be possible to "entwine" or "entangle" tools and armor with the magical properties from the ritual alter? Trying to find new and fitting terms for the mod. Enchanted is too common and infused may be taken.

Material properties could determine the strength/ energy drain of the abilities. We could have magnetic pants or sonic blast pics. And possibly bedrock items require no power drain for a nice touch of late game OP benefits.
This sounds similar to an idea suggested some time ago by @FurryDJ, but I do not know how to make all of them useful. I want to avoid making any redundancy between CC and RC.

JoshBogs

Jul 29, 2019
I found another clip on Youtube by SentinalhMC which covers the progression of CC
Sounds like there will be additional clips to follow.

Axylxys

Jul 29, 2019
While gathering the little blue flowers (aura bloom i think) as well as the bulbs on trees, i noticed that looting/fortune gives more of them... however the bedrock scythe doesn't give anything at all (it breaks the plant but nothing drops, not even the basic drops with bare hand). Is it working as intended ? It seems weird that breaking them with a sword yields better results than a scythe, though it's quite a minor issue.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
While gathering the little blue flowers (aura bloom i think) as well as the bulbs on trees, i noticed that looting/fortune gives more of them... however the bedrock scythe doesn't give anything at all (it breaks the plant but nothing drops, not even the basic drops with bare hand). Is it working as intended ? It seems weird that breaking them with a sword yields better results than a scythe, though it's quite a minor issue.
The scythe uses special drop code.