Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

Omega Haxors

Jul 29, 2019
Tried my hand at making a mineral extractor and all went well, but for some reason it absolutely refuses to actually pull up anything.

I've given it a storage crystal with alot (over 9000 each) of power, let it scan fully, and hit it with the crystal stick. It makes a confirmation sound and then proceeds to take power from the crystal.

However, everything after that it does absolutely nothing except drain energy. I'm not sure if i'm doing it wrong or if the extractor is broken in this version.

Please help, I require more minerals.

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Tried my hand at making a mineral extractor and all went well, but for some reason it absolutely refuses to actually pull up anything.

I've given it a storage crystal with alot (over 9000 each) of power, let it scan fully, and hit it with the crystal stick. It makes a confirmation sound and then proceeds to take power from the crystal.

However, everything after that it does absolutely nothing except drain energy. I'm not sure if i'm doing it wrong or if the extractor is broken in this version.

Please help, I require more minerals.

Do you have an inventory next to it?

Hey Reika, ChromatiCraft has worked fine up until now, but now when I look at any of its blocks with the tooltip at the side, the entire screen turns black.
http://imgur.com/a/1o74D
Any idea what causes this?
That would be a cross mod bug with Thaumcraft. After you've experienced at least one symptom of Warp, the rendering messes up when you mouse over a CC block/TE, and will continue to do so until you reload/restart. Reika's fixed it for the next release, though.

Sent from my ADR6330VW using Tapatalk 2
Already fixed in v4.

Omega Haxors

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have an inventory next to it?

I've put every kind of inventory I could think of next to it and it every side, not much happens.

Upon looking in the code I found out it's supposed to drop items and produce particles, but that doesn't seem to be the case, so i'm not sure what's going on.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Its energy costs are very high, but that new ChromatiCraft ability to shift LP and health drains onto the player's buffer of Kurauri is proving extremely useful.
RpcZmLN.png

UPzVjwo.png

I wonder what @WayofTime thinks of this... :D

efefe48

Jul 29, 2019
Its energy costs are very high, but that new ChromatiCraft ability to shift LP and health drains onto the player's buffer of Kurauri is proving extremely useful.
RpcZmLN.png

UPzVjwo.png

I wonder what @WayofTime thinks of this... :D
IS THAT A DOUBLE HOTBAR
AND RAINBOW HEALTH METER
HOPPY SHIPS MY BODY WASNT READY

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
IS THAT A DOUBLE HOTBAR
AND RAINBOW HEALTH METER
HOPPY SHIPS MY BODY WASNT READY
The dual hotbar is another mod - though a similar feature is soon going to be in ChromatiCraft - and the rainbow health meter is the new health meter when using the "Health boost" ability. :D

Not entirely sure what I'm seeing o_O
In ChromatiCraft, you as a player have a buffer of energy for each crystal element, normally consumed in the process of using abilities (think of them as on-player enchantments) and performing some actions. I added another ability that makes it so that when enabled, any drains to the health while using the sacrificial orb or to the player's soul network are first passed to the player's buffer of magenta (Kurauri) (so chosen because of ChromatiCraft's assignment of magenta to life and healing) energy, allowing it to be used preferentially to make using soul-based items safer (death is a serious setback in ChromatiCraft) and to make it possible - if expensive - to do rapidfire altar crafting (with the help of a tile accelerator :p).

Reactions: frogfigther

efefe48

Jul 29, 2019
Mod about colors.
No rainbow beam of doom.
2/10 needs more bananas.
i is pure sh*tposting nao

JoshBogs

Jul 29, 2019
With a bias for strongholds and if Azanor is willing to add a hook, Barrow hills, as well as the new ChromatiCraft structure gen.

I am glad the structures will be implemented.
Are the pages included in the Nether and other mod gen like Twilight loot chests? If so I have not found any pages and if not could they be implemented in them?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I am glad the structures will be implemented.
Are the pages included in the Nether and other mod gen like Twilight loot chests? If so I have not found any pages and if not could they be implemented in them?
There is no Forge hooks for the Nether fortresses - though a current Forge PR may see this implemented in 1.8 - and Twilight Forest does not have any hooks (in fact, it has no API at all).

Also, Azanor rejected the barrow hills event for the near future.

JoshBogs

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering what hooks were but that made it clear.
Looks like you have already thought of this idea seeing how your linked comments are almost three weeks old.
Super bummer on the rejection.
If the hooks control nether loot is that why there doesnt seem to be much mod added nether dungeons? The reason I ask is because now just realized there doesn't seem to be much addition (mods) to the nether outside of blocks and entities.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
If the hooks control nether loot is that why there doesnt seem to be much mod added nether dungeons? The reason I ask is because now just realized there doesn't seem to be much addition (mods) to the nether outside of blocks and entities.
Probably, yes.

Also, imporant PSA I just realized I need to give:
DO NOT TRY TO MOVE PYLONS WITH ANY TILE ENTITY MOVING DEVICE. EVEN IF IT APPEARS TO SUCCEED, DOING SO WILL CORRUPT THE LEVEL DATA AND FROM THAT POINT ON YOUR WORLD MAY CRASH RANDOMLY OR CONSTANTLY, OR MAY FAIL TO LOAD ENTIRELY.

I do not normally type in caps lock, but this one is very important.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Regarding WASD controls in the lexicon: I, for one, never would've thought to try that without learning about it here. I managed to read through all the info fragments by pulling them out of the Creative book three at a time, placing them into an empty book, opening it, reading them, then deleting the book, replacing it with a fresh-spawned empty book, and repeating the process with the next three fragments in the creative book. It worked, but it was very slow and painful, not to mention out of order.

Possible solutions: Either detect when the player tries to click and drag and pop up a little WASD graphic as a clue, or add scroll buttons to the GUI. The latter could take the form of a button with an arrow on each edge of the interface, and clicking them would scroll in that direction. Or just put a video on your website and/or forum thread that explains how to use the darned book. Or, if you'd rather keep all the documentation within the mod itself and don't mind breaking the fourth wall a little on just one thing, you could make the lexicon start off with a single page entitled "How to Use the Chromic Lexicon" or something.

Other lexicon gripes (and forgive me if these have been fixed since the first version of v3, which is what I'm running):
- The cooldown on clicking buttons. It's especially annoying in the 2D layouts of multiblock structures in general, and the Lumen Tree in particular, because it's hard to tell how many identical layers of crystalline stone you clicked through when there's no indication that a click was skipped because it was too soon after you clicked the last time. Also, paging through the recipes just seems to take forever. Much longer than in the RoC/ReC books.
- Whenever you click on something in the lexicon, the cursor jumps to some random place on the screen. Granted, it was usually closer to where I was going to click next than where the cursor was before, but that may only be because the three pages that I only ever put into the book at a time usually only appeared at the bottom of the interface.
- I find it annoying that hitting Escape while looking at any part of the lexicon closes the interface entirely. I may just be used to using that key to back out of a page in the Thaumonomicon, but I really don't like having to hit that X button all the time. Especially when my cursor keeps jumping around.
- Also, I don't see the point in the two tabs. There's rarely more than one page of information in the first tab, so why not just move the crafting recipes and rune placements and such to the second, third, and fourth pages?
- The 3D layouts are nearly useless, especially for things like the casting multiblocks. It's impossible to tell whether those holes in the line of quartz blocks are due to vertical pillars, or horizontal beams, or anything else that you can't really see. Most obvious fix (to me, at least) would be to render the most distant blocks first, then the nearer ones on top of them. Then you could actually see which blocks are in front of which other blocks.
- Wait, you can rotate the 3D layouts? If so, make that more obvious by either providing some kind of visual cue or explaining it in a video.
- The lumen tree is hardly explained at all. There's a recipe for the "controller" blocks, and there's a layout of the multiblock structure, and there's a thing that says something bad/good/weird might happen if you break the leaves, but nowhere does it say what the tree actually does, or how to use it. I set one up away from my other ChromatiCraft stuff and clicked all over it with the wand thing wondering what I was doing wrong.

Other gripes (again, I'm using an outdated version, FYI):
The main thing is the black-screen bug with Thaumcraft warp, but I see that's already going to be fixed sometime.

Also, the thing where your maximum charge triples or quadruples when you max out all sixteen colors, while a cool mechanic, is maddening. It makes it impossible to be fully charged, which really bugs my OCD. The first time, flying around to the different pylons (the compass thing helped a lot) was kind of fun, then when I realized I had to do it again, I set up teleporters to all the different pylons; by the time I finished going through it the third time and found that there STILL wasn't an upper limit, I gave up because it felt too grindy. I just want to have all sixteen colors maxed out.
I guess this isn't a very big problem, but a ritual that would increase your max capacity that only works if all sixteen colors are already at the current maximum level would fix it nicely. Doesn't have to be much, just as long as it doesn't happen the moment I thought I was finished.

Now on to less gripey suggestions:
Some way to tell what blocks each repeater is actually connected to would be nice. If the repeaters just shot a particle at all the other blocks they're connected to (i.e. all pylons, casting tables, and (most importantly) repeaters of the same color within range) when you place them on top of a rune, that would do quite nicely. It only needs to happen once- if I know that any given repeater was connected to the next repeater when I placed it, I can assume that it'll stay that way. If it turns out to be easier to add some sort of magical Angular Transducer, that might even be better, because it would help debug my network if a tree grows in the way of a repeater somewhere or something.

Also, some sort of in-world multiblock building guide, similar to the one for the ReC fusion reactor, would be nice, especially for the casting multiblocks. It's just so annoying when you have to click through five or six pages to make sure you put a block or pillar in the right place, especially when you have to wait half a second between each click.