Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh Ok, had chromaticraft been talked about alot on the minecraft formus, so I can look there instead of repeating answered questions

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I kept stumbling across those broken particle effects (purple/black) whenever I was mining and just found out why. Are these stone still WIP? They don't seem to be dropping anything aside from XP.
If they render as stone, you have not discovered them yet.

Also:
YjLffEM.png

efefe48

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Reika Have you checked out that new Colored Lights Core
I imagine it would look pretty...pretty with your mod.
Edit: Umm is the book broken? It only shows the entry and thats it.
And is there a cretive version of the book with all research like Thaumcraft?

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
There is already compatibility, read and of the threads over the past month, and yes.

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
The book is not broken, Use WASD to move it around; I thought It was broken at first as well; Like most of Reika's mod's some important things aren't explained.

efefe48

Jul 29, 2019
Oh man started using the creative book and all i can say is that scrolling is slowwwww
Can there be a config for scrollspeed
And can there be an entry like "Navigating the Book"
With wording like "I search through the book like i walk" (for zero 4th wall breakage ;)) and explaining how its segmented and about the tab on the right...Also there are no recipes for the casting table, the lexicon, The book goes white when i go to the tab for ender tnt, And names for unresearched things are kinda eyestraining can there be a config to replace it to just "?????".
And how to put your info fragments into the book?
Edit: The references to other mods are just...wow...I never tried to use thaumcraft jars as music instruments but thanks for an idea
Sorry for being such a Blabbermouth.

Last edited:

efefe48

Jul 29, 2019
I believe you have to shift-right-click the book, then put the fragments in manually.
*sigh*...Reika this is why i didnt like you that much before- Documentation too vague or incomplete.
Ok, Goodnight everyone, its almost 21:00 here in Russia.

Reactions: Zandorum

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Oh man started using the creative book and all i can say is that scrolling is slowwwww
Can there be a config for scrollspeed
In your version, it is tied to framerate because of how GUIs work. Hold shift to accelerate it, and the next version also accelerates it and reduces the impact of framerate.

And can there be an entry like "Navigating the Book"
With wording like "I search through the book like i walk" (for zero 4th wall breakage ;)) and explaining how its segmented and about the tab on the right...
...You are not asking for a page on how to slide around or read the GUI, which not only unavoidably breaks the fourth wall but also is incredibly condescending...

Also there are no recipes for the casting table, the lexicon,
Because those are basic crafting table recipes.

The book goes white when i go to the tab for ender tnt
Already fixed.

efefe48

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, a question.
Why did you choose a research kind of system, and not the ReactorCraft or Botania- Everything is open system?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Oh, a question.
Why did you choose a research kind of system, and not the ReactorCraft or Botania- Everything is open system?
I do not use a research system - ChromatiCraft is exploration-gated - nor does ReactorCraft have an "everything is open" system. Everything in ReactorCraft is tiered like RotaryCraft.

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
*sigh*...Reika this is why i didnt like you that much before- Documentation too vague or incomplete.
Ok, Goodnight everyone, its almost 21:00 here in Russia.
As I suggested, less vauge descriptions and fuller documentation would fix all of the mods. I feel the only one currently not at adequate documentation is this. The others still have a few things that they are missing but its enough that you can figure the things out on your own very easily.

A note Reika the reason mods don't have and guidance like IC2 is because:
1. They let Wiki's show their information in depth.
2. The mods are heavily changed so often making out of date videos somewhat relevant.

I'm not saying saying stop rebalancing things but I am saying update your Documentation, you don't do that until many versions later. You don't owe us anything but If you want us to have fun with your mods maybe make it a little easier for us to actually do things, No I am not asking for you to make recipes easier or anything I'm asking for better Documentation because at this point your documentation might as well be ignored due to how out of date most of it becomes or doesn't explain enough and requires hours of testing in Creative Mode.

TLDR; Fuller Documentation please.