Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
As I suggested, less vauge descriptions and fuller documentation would fix all of the mods. I feel the only one currently not at adequate documentation is this. The others still have a few things that they are missing but its enough that you can figure the things out on your own very easily.

A note Reika the reason mods don't have and guidance like IC2 is because:
1. They let Wiki's show their information in depth.
2. The mods are heavily changed so often making out of date videos somewhat relevant.

I'm not saying saying stop rebalancing things but I am saying update your Documentation, you don't do that until many versions later. You don't owe us anything but If you want us to have fun with your mods maybe make it a little easier for us to actually do things, No I am not asking for you to make recipes easier or anything I'm asking for better Documentation because at this point your documentation might as well be ignored due to how out of date most of it becomes or doesn't explain enough and requires hours of testing in Creative Mode.

TLDR; Fuller Documentation please.
Use the lexicon. Unlike RotaryCraft, it does not give you everything at the outset, instead feeding you as you progress.

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
Use the lexicon. Unlike RotaryCraft, it does not give you everything at the outset, instead feeding you as you progress.
I understand that, I am however mentioning not only Chromaticraft but all of the others.

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
RotaryCraft and ReactorCraft have books. Everything the book does not tell you, such as basic arithmetic, you are expected to know. The other mods are not complex enough to warrant it.
I know they have books. Your mods are my favorites and I've done a majority in each so far except for Chromaticraft as I have not included it in my playthroughs yet. It's more Chromaticraft I'm more "meh" (Annoyed was too much and couldn't find another word that fit how I was feeling so... "meh") with but there's a few things missing here and there in the others like what can and cant be heated using the friction heater or outdated knowledge from previous versions that haven't been updated yet or things that exist but aren't even in the book for a awhile there was a few machines that were like that but now its mostly small things. Chromaticraft though hits you right there with using WASD where the standard is click and drag and it doesn't notify you in any form; Also alot of your blocks in Chromaticraft are very very vaguely described.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Chromaticraft though hits you right there with using WASD where the standard is click and drag and it doesn't notify you in any form;
Once you try to click and drag and it does not work, I expect either arrow keys or WASD to be the next thing you try. Some modicum of thought and problem solving is expected.

Also alot of your blocks in Chromaticraft are very very vaguely described.
Hardly.

Gazeebo

Jul 29, 2019
Is the ritual table currently functional in v3d?

I have set up repeaters from crystal pylons to reach to my ritual table, the energy beams will reach and charge up when I select an ability.

Then I go through the "ritual" where the camera view changes, when this ritual ends I get no noticable ability.
Clicking the scrollwheel on my mouse will allow me to reach the ability menu but when I click the one that was charged(now colored instead of black/wite) I get an "error sound". When I go to the ability in the ritual table it says "NULL!" instead of an explanation of the ability.
Sometimes there is also a long list of error messages in my chat box.

*edit*
In your preview video the liquid chroma in your ritual table structure starts radiating with color. My chroma does not.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Then I go through the "ritual" where the camera view changes, when this ritual ends I get no noticable ability.
Clicking the scrollwheel on my mouse will allow me to reach the ability menu but when I click the one that was charged(now colored instead of black/wite) I get an "error sound".
You have insufficient energy to use the ability.

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
Once you try to click and drag and it does not work, I expect either arrow keys or WASD to be the next thing you try. Some modicum of thought and problem solving is expected.
I don't know I just feel like your reinventing the wheel by changing it because this is not better I will say that right now, It's not opinion that Click and Drag is better than the extremely rigid WASD controls.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I don't know I just feel like your reinventing the wheel by changing it because this is not better I will say that right now, It's not opinion that Click and Drag is better than the extremely rigid WASD controls.
No. Click and drag is messy and open to all sorts of problems. It is also terrible for someone who is clumsy and always ends up clicking on buttons while dragging.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
No. Click and drag is messy and open to all sorts of problems. It is also terrible for someone who is clumsy and always ends up clicking on buttons while dragging.
THANK YOU. That's one of my biggest gripes with the Thaumonomicon. That, and you can't zoom in and out, which makes navigating particularly large entries a pain in the arse.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I've never had this issue.
Over two decades of sporadic exposure to second-hand smoke have had some unfortunate side-effects on my nerves. I'm nowhere near Parkinson's level shaky, but my hands aren't as steady as they ought to be. For folks like me, a system like that is quite a lot easier to deal with.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Over two decades of sporadic exposure to second-hand smoke have had some unfortunate side-effects on my nerves. I'm nowhere near Parkinson's level shaky, but my hands aren't as steady as they ought to be. For folks like me, a system like that is quite a lot easier to deal with.
I shake that badly as well - though I have not been exposed to cigarettes in any major way - and for similar reasons I find the thaumonomicon difficult to use.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Click-Drag is a *horrible* UI design.
Especially if you are combining "push down on a button" with "pick up the mouse and reposition it".

There is no good way to distinguish "I am extending a selection" from "I am dragging something" -- just look at the horrors of "Oh, lets extend click-drag to text selection and let you re-arrange what you typed" when you are not trying to.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Reika, ChromatiCraft has worked fine up until now, but now when I look at any of its blocks with the tooltip at the side, the entire screen turns black.
http://imgur.com/a/1o74D
Any idea what causes this?
That would be a cross mod bug with Thaumcraft. After you've experienced at least one symptom of Warp, the rendering messes up when you mouse over a CC block/TE, and will continue to do so until you reload/restart. Reika's fixed it for the next release, though.

Sent from my ADR6330VW using Tapatalk 2

Arkandos

Jul 29, 2019
That would be a cross mod bug with Thaumcraft. After you've experienced at least one symptom of Warp, the rendering messes up when you mouse over a CC block/TE, and will continue to do so until you reload/restart. Reika's fixed it for the next release, though.

Sent from my ADR6330VW using Tapatalk 2
Ah thank you.