Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019
[SPOILERS]
I'm currently having an issues where a player on our private server isn't able to do "Lumen Harnessing" or get the progression "A...Less Than Honorable Attempt" he has done "A Less than honorable attempt" once already but it reverted back to being hidden behind cryptic runes again. I lead him to villager made ChC constructions, at least 2, and had him open the chests under them to try and get it again with no success. but in any case, i need the command to give him "A...Less Than Honorable Attempt" progression. Sitting here re-reading this i realized that we actually can't wait for the Tier 4 Pylon casting table because we need Repeaters for the casting complex... which is gated by our current problem.

it reset my entire book where i had 120+ pages, reset all progressions and all pictures in my Chromatic Lexicon had black circles with white question marks on them. It gave me all the starting books from RotaryCraft, Electricraft, ReactorCraft, and another Chromatic Lexicon too. I did not die or anything to have this happen and the gamerule keep inventory is turned on on the server as well. The server crashed shortly after and everything reset to a backup and fixed everything though, but this also happened again when i had 229 pages in my Lexicon getting sent back to the overworld from the Volatile Chroma Dimension by a Flare in the Far Lands, i had nothing appear under the recovery tab in the Lexicon either.

Have you checked their progress using "/chromaprog PLAYERNAME debug progress" or "/chromaprog PLAYERNAME debug all"

the person running this has to be in creative/gamemode 1. Try running "/chromaprog PLAYERNAME progress villagecasting true"

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
For the progress issue, look for villages. As for it being reset, have you looked at the 2nd tab on the right side of the book? You might be able to get everything back for the cost of some paper and ink.

T

Titan_Guard

Have you checked their progress using "/chromaprog PLAYERNAME debug progress" or "/chromaprog PLAYERNAME debug all"

the person running this has to be in creative/gamemode 1. Try running "/chromaprog PLAYERNAME progress villagecasting true"

I'll have to give that a try, and get back to you, thank you

T

Titan_Guard

For the progress issue, look for villages. As for it being reset, have you looked at the 2nd tab on the right side of the book? You might be able to get everything back for the cost of some paper and ink.

I checked the Recovery tab after each incident and nothing was listed in it

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019
One item I haven't been able to figure out, is how to use the Alloying Tank. It has a charge of lumens, so that part is good. But I can't open a GUI, I can't bucket chroma in, I can't pipe chroma in, I can't use the Fluid Link Anchor (which BTW was also a bear to understand) to get fluid in. I can't hopper items into it, nor use a transfer node. There are those 3 items that potentially can interact with it, which I haven't crafted yet...the input block, output block, and the controller (the names are escaping me right now). But as it is, this block would be incredibly useful to me, but frustrates me with it's lack of cooperation.

That said, I just saw last night a benefit to using reservoirs for alloying. I've been using one so I don't have to refill it after each craft, and so I can just pipe in chroma to refill it.

But no one stated the obvious benefit...they hold 64 buckets of chroma. Does that mean you can craft...a stack at a time??? YES! :facepalm: It's such an obvious benefit, I overlooked it.

Finally...isn't my casting altar supposed to have lumen beams running to it, when doing lumen crafting? I don't see them, but I do see a circle in the middle, with a non-aligning color wheel, that can cover the whole screen depending on the recipe (and the lumen requirement). http://imgur.com/a/r6Rkp I've checked my video settings, and whether I'm on fancy or not, full particles or minimal, I don't see lumen beams. I DO see them when a block is re-filling (Lumen Relay, Crystal Charger, etc) lumen energy...just not to my casting table/complex.

Finally, simple question. Is the Redstone Pod not fully baked (like a few other items), or does it have a mod dependency my pack isn't meeting? The recipe is unavailable to me, but I'm well past it in progression.

Last edited:

Schadrach

Jul 29, 2019
Did you place 2 shielding glass on top of the alloying tank?

Weird question: Is there a way to transmit repeater beams between dimensions? Part of me wants to try a rift, but I'd rather not waste the mats testing something that sounds like a long shot.

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019

Weird question: Is there a way to transmit repeater beams between dimensions? Part of me wants to try a rift, but I'd rather not waste the mats testing something that sounds like a long shot.

Did I what? No, I put the block down. I didn't put any shielding glass on the sides or bottom either. Or any blocks anywhere else other than a Lumen Relay in line with a face.

Other than the mention in the lore of the block about "a shielded glass tank" (and the recipe requires shielding glass, (from an Ocean Monument, which if you didn't remember that's where you get it from, tough cookies...), thereby being "a shielded glass tank", right???), there's nothing to clue the player in that there's anything further required beyond the Relay lumen input. Of course, now that you mention that, and I go dig through the code for the darn thing, I see "If blocks +1 and +2 above the block coordinates aren't type STRUCTSHIELD, subtype GLASS, return FALSE for "hasStructure", otherwise (if they are) return TRUE."

I've also been searching on the forums here for "Alloying Tank", and on YouTube, on Reddit, and Google in general. I can't find discussions or documentation on the thing, so I finally felt it a reasonable question to ask.

In other words, geez, Reika...really???

(I'm adding this one to my list of "things to document better for me and y'all" stuff)

Oh yeah, your question. AFAIK, Lumen energy does not traverse in a way other than through the Beacon tower structure, or repeaters. The world rift acts as a 1 block sized, magic holes. You can put an output face of a rotating shaft on one side, and on the opposite side of the paired block, the input face of a rotating block. Similar for fluid piping, energy cables, redstone signals, etc. Since a lumen repeater doesn't touch the next repeater, logic says it won't see the world rift won't let a repeater try and pathfind through it, looking for a repeater on the far side of the paired block.

OTOH, Lumen Relay's potentially could work, since they go in cardinal directions only.

::testing, testing::

Yes, Lumen Relay's do work fine through World Rifts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lethosos

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think there's a way to transmit repeater power through dimensions. Relay power, yes, but repeaters, no. Of course, Reika might've changed this in one of the recent versions, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019

Update...thank you, I've now done this. It forms a multiblock, I can pipe in Chroma, and hoppered in ingredients. It seems it'll craft only one output item, void any excess alloying items added (other than the base metal), and uses 3 buckets of Chroma per craft instead of 1?

So you can use AE, Logistics Pipes, or other smart input methods to automate crafting one at a time, without worrying about magnets or item collectors, at the cost of 3B Chroma per craft, instead of manually doing up to 64 at a time in a reservoir (or per conjoined reservoir?) at 1B per craft? Unless I'm still not using it right, I don't see a ton of benefit, unless I had surplus Chroma automation production.

Schadrach

Jul 29, 2019
I have a few abilities that aren't showing up on my ritual altar for some reason. Passive draw and matter dissolution. And yes, it's the upgraded altar.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Aah, that'd explain my derp: my v17 base in built in a luminous cliffs biome because they're pretty. Though, all the floating gravel does make initial loading drag a bit.

Schadrach

Jul 29, 2019
As for suggestions, would it be possible to have the casting delegate when connected to an ME network to expose the recipes to the network, similar to an ME interface but with more and more complicated recipes?

Being able to invoke the casting delegate from an ME terminal would be a godsend, if only for the UI, and it presumably being able to schedule component crafting as needed would be even better.