Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
The freezes are likely due to the music. For some reason, whatever system Reika uses for it can hang the client when it switches tracks. At least, that's what causes it for me.

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
How computationally expensive are the Fluid Link Anchors? The basement of my storage room is full of them, and I seem to get worse lag there than anywhere else.

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
They are TESRs.

Duly noted. I'll see if I can do some engineering to bring the number down a bit.

Also, I just did my first item casting since the update, and I love the little detail of the table making the musical notes corresponding to the lumen colours used! It's such a little thing but as a music lover it makes me so happy.

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019
So I was able to find out most things ... now I am just stuck on finding out how to unlock the crystal repeater recipe.

I had unlocked everything before that ... idk I started a new world and did everything the same and unlocked the recipes for the lumen repeaters. The last few hors i have been trying to progress furthrt "Broadcasting" but no luck yet.

You've solved this, but I want to add/spell out helpful things I've found out to the searchable web for others to find.

Once you've unlocked being able to craft (wooden) Lumen Repeaters, there's two things necessary to do with them, neither of which hopefully requires a ton...so don't make too many. Use the Ritual Table to enable Pylon Surge Protection on yourself, which requires Red/Karmir, Yellow/Kitrino, and Black/Kuro pylons to be networked to your Ritual altar. If like me, your base is setup quite far from any one color (or all)(840m to a Kitrino pylon), don't bother making it there. Set it up temporarily close to those three colors to use as few repeaters as possible.

Then, once you've infused that ability, make the a Daya (2nd), or maybe Divi (3rd) tier Storage Crystal, and Storage Crystal Charger. Set this down near your Ritual Table, and it'll start charging those 3 colors through the repeaters. This for me is what overloaded the repeaters, exploding them all and unlocking Crystal Repeaters.

Don't be dumb like me, and get 8 colors all linked up before you explode the network. That's incredibly frustrating to see happen.

Schadrach

Jul 29, 2019
I think I need a hint for this one. This is what's inside the structure for the Nila dimensional core. Been the same one on two visits to the dimension.

Behind me are two other pillars with a shielding light in them like the ones in the screenshot.
2017-07-07_17.39.07.png
...and the entrance...
2017-07-07_17.43.09.png

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019
Had a crash to desktop when interacting with a (new to me) pretty structure. Crashlog, and I found no references other than code on the github to the "Reika.ChromatiCraft.Block.BlockDummyAux" referenced. I used a pickaxe on the top of the tower object, and got an item with an missing texture, block named as "[space]581", that if you try to place it, crashes with the error:

Unexpected error

java.lang.NullPointerException: Unexpected error
at Reika.ChromatiCraft.Block.BlockDummyAux.func_149668_a(BlockDummyAux.java:81)

1uaWDoL.png

FYI, the manipulator is the tool of choice, and as seen, this was just randomly on a beach/desert area, not in the Luminous Cliffs as I thought they were supposed to be (which I was on my way to)

Off to Github now to report these officially.

Naeviticus

Jul 29, 2019
I think I need a hint for this one. This is what's inside the structure for the Nila dimensional core. Been the same one on two visits to the dimension.

Behind me are two other pillars with a shielding light in them like the ones in the screenshot.View attachment 34205 ...and the entrance...View attachment 34207
Schadrach, I too have the same puzzle dungeons for my last 3 Dimensional Cores. I have been scratching my head for days. All 3 of the last dungeons I need have the exact same puzzle dungeon.

Anyone have any ideas about this?

Thanks

U

Uber2013

I'm having a problem with the progression as I seem to be stuck. For some reason, the Tier 2 fragments wont be unlocked when I pick up Blank fragments. So while I have a Tier 1 Casting Room, I can't build the Casting Stands to progress to Tier 2. I have unlocked the first stage of the "More Complex Crafting" achievment but i cant get the fragments to actually build that thing. The only other open achievments(apart from those Tier1 achievments) i have are "Lumen harnessing" and "Omnious Constructions".
I tried crafting all Items i have unlocked, didn't progress sadly. Also i have no Crafting recipe with runes unlocked, so i can't even use those.

Any Tipp/Sugestion what i might try?

Thanks in advance!

Update:
The /chromaprog debug all comands says I am missing the [MUSICTRIGGER] research for BASICCRAFT. Also can step to RUNECRAFT true && false.
Any Tipp?

Last edited:

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019
Update:
The /chromaprog debug all commands says I am missing the [MUSICTRIGGER] research for BASICCRAFT.

Have you crafted the Crystal Orchestra? If you're the creative type, it's a fantastic block. If you're not...it's silly and pointless, and you'll never use it. But it may in fact be a gating block, if I'm reading the search results right.

I'll get around to testing that out myself, likely well after you've progressed past this issue. I'm trying to document things like this that are hangups, or other non-obvious tips, to eventually put somewhere.

Reactions: Lethosos
I

Industrial City

I have an issue with the casting complex: i' ve upgraded it from a right casting temple.
I didn't removed the casting table, i checked on it but the fourth yellow diamond doesn't appear ( the last 3 yes).
I changed area for explore my world, when i was returned the casting table show 3 diamonds and 2 in red.
How i can resolve it? It's a bug or i build wrong something? I checked in lexiton but the design is correct, i only insert some runes for craft thing on the floor...

pjfranke

Jul 29, 2019
I have an issue with the casting complex: i' ve upgraded it from a right casting temple.
I didn't removed the casting table, i checked on it but the fourth yellow diamond doesn't appear ( the last 3 yes).
I changed area for explore my world, when i was returned the casting table show 3 diamonds and 2 in red.
How i can resolve it? It's a bug or i build wrong something? I checked in lexiton but the design is correct, i only insert some runes for craft thing on the floor...

Unfortunately, just because you have the unlocked the research for the next level, doesn't mean you've leveled up your table to unlock using the next level. This means you might get excited, and swap out the components of the prior tier to build the next tier. However, because you haven't unlocked access to it, it won't work...but since you've now changed components on your current altar, it is no longer a valid structure at that tier...only at the level of a basic altar.

This could be your issue, or it could be something else.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
The diamonds indicate crafting experience; simple solution is to make more things. If its not switching over to the new level, break it and put it back down.

T

Titan_Guard

[SPOILERS]
I'm currently having an issues where a player on our private server isn't able to do "Lumen Harnessing" or get the progression "A...Less Than Honorable Attempt" he has done "A Less than honorable attempt" once already but it reverted back to being hidden behind cryptic runes again. I lead him to villager made ChC constructions, at least 2, and had him open the chests under them to try and get it again with no success. He hasn't unlocked Ritual Alter yet but can make the Ritual Table, and has done so, lumen repeaters are set up correctly and he just can't make anything that requires the pylon energy at all, the Crystal Focus is hidden so he doesn't have the recipe for it, and can't make a Relay Source, he doesn't have the "Cores" research to make the Elemental core either. All his info fragments remain blank as well after everything we try. He's crafted near everything at least once and has crafted things from his current highest crafting tier. His crafting table is tier 3 with all 3 dots available, casting temple correctly built. I don't know the command to give him "A less than honorable attempt" to see if that is the problem with all of this. Or should we just get his Casting Table to tier 4 where it requires Pylon energy and see if that unlocks new things first?, but in any case, i need the command to give him "A...Less Than Honorable Attempt" progression. Sitting here re-reading this i realized that we actually can't wait for the Tier 4 Pylon casting table because we need Repeaters for the casting complex... which is gated by our current problem.

Also, in some problems i've had personally, when i went to the Specter Key Dimension, from the mod Random Things, and came back one time it reset my entire book where i had 120+ pages, reset all progressions and all pictures in my Chromatic Lexicon had black circles with white question marks on them. It gave me all the starting books from RotaryCraft, Electricraft, ReactorCraft, and another Chromatic Lexicon too. I did not die or anything to have this happen and the gamerule keep inventory is turned on on the server as well. The server crashed shortly after and everything reset to a backup and fixed everything though, but this also happened again when i had 229 pages in my Lexicon getting sent back to the overworld from the Volatile Chroma Dimension by a Flare in the Far Lands, i had nothing appear under the recovery tab in the Lexicon either. I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen or not, but it did. I attached a picture of my book after the 2nd instance of this happening. None of my book at those times was creatively spawned in either, all legitimately obtained through progressions and doing the mod, which i LOVE RoC, ReC, ChC btw. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank You

PS: Versions are up-to-date for Minecraft version 1.7.10, the mod pack we're using is Revolution 3 on the AT Launcher

Attachments

• Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    87 KB · Views: 55
Last edited: