Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

xilni

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, interesting problem.

I have a scrambled name for the purplish dust that is in all of the energized core recipes.

On the progress tab I have available to do refractory gems (guessing this was supposed to trigger from mining lumenite, based on the lumenite description?), glowing towers, mysterious relics (I haven't found either of these or a luminous cliffs biome, starting to wonder if there's a worldgen conflict with the structure and if the biome is just really rare?), aerial predator (on a server, someone beat me to the dragon), and recharging.

Aside from those, not sure what I'm not doing.

As far as the Dragon being dead, just get your server admin to delete The End dimension folder in the server's world folder (make sure no one is in the end first) and the next time you enter The End it should generate anew and give you the chance to kill the dragon for the achievement.

For the possible biome issue, if you really believe you've looked extensively (I'm talking looked 1000 in a direction or two) then there's an admin way to determine if a biome is present.

DragonAPI adds a /findbiome command you use with the appropriate biome ID and it'll list the coords of the biomes. To get the biome IDs just use NEI's Data Dump feature for biomes and it'll dump a list of biomes into your client's minecraft folder (see http://ftb.gamepedia.com/NEI#Dumps)

Schadrach

Jul 29, 2019
Did not know about /findbiome, that is a useful tool. I'd covered several areas of the size you were talking about, mostly while hooking up my pylon network and trying to find luminous cliffs as well as luma lotus. I'll say this, my world seed really seems to like rainbow forests and extreme hills.

As for the dragon, the plan was to do periodic resets + whenever someone manages to use a temple caller. Not going to do an extra reset just for my own benefit. =p

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Did not know about /findbiome, that is a useful tool. I'd covered several areas of the size you were talking about, mostly while hooking up my pylon network and trying to find luminous cliffs as well as luma lotus. I'll say this, my world seed really seems to like rainbow forests and extreme hills.

As for the dragon, the plan was to do periodic resets + whenever someone manages to use a temple caller. Not going to do an extra reset just for my own benefit. =p
The biome and the new structures are unrelated.

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Ever since the update, generating new chunks has been rather... problematic. What happens is that every time I reach the edge of what's generated, the server freezes for 5-10 seconds while the generation code runs even though the framerate is fine (and in fact increases). Are there any Java arguments or similar I should be using to prevent this?

I do have Optifine, FastCraft, and BetterFPS installed; since I've never had any problems with the latter two I'll try removing Optifine and see what happens.

EDIT: Removing Optifine arguably made it worse. To be honest it's probably just my craptop.

EDIT 2: Started a new world and experienced the same slow chunk generation; then downgraded to v16 and it went back to normal. Do the new structures really impact the worldgen rate that much?

Last edited:

darkecojaj

Jul 29, 2019
Reika, I love your mods for their beauty and creativity. Honestly I must say you are like the flowerchild(better than wolves) that stayed with forge and decided to deal with other mods easiness by intergrating your own system to make them less practical. I love it! Speaking of intergrating, do you have an official list of mods chromaticraft and rotarycraft are intergrated with?

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Reika, I love your mods for their beauty and creativity. Honestly I must say you are like the flowerchild(better than wolves) that stayed with forge and decided to deal with other mods easiness by intergrating your own system to make them less practical. I love it! Speaking of intergrating, do you have an official list of mods chromaticraft and rotarycraft are intergrated with?

Please try not to equate Reika with that one--there's a long history of bratty asshattery associated with BTW. Reika just doesn't like stupid people and cheaters.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

C

CadenCats

Hey Reika, I love your mods. I have played all of them, mostly focusing on Chromaticraft because of how visually appealing it is. Anyway, I've had this strange progression problem that I haven't found a solution to.
Here is a video showing the problem:

The casting stand progress thing will not update after creating a casting stand. I've created multiple and placed them, nothing happened. Info Fragments (I think) should be updating, as I need some sort of lumen thing for Lumen Harnessing Progress.

Thanks for your trouble,
Caden

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Hey Reika, I love your mods. I have played all of them, mostly focusing on Chromaticraft because of how visually appealing it is. Anyway, I've had this strange progression problem that I haven't found a solution to.
Here is a video showing the problem:

The casting stand progress thing will not update after creating a casting stand. I've created multiple and placed them, nothing happened. Info Fragments (I think) should be updating, as I need some sort of lumen thing for Lumen Harnessing Progress.

Thanks for your trouble,
Caden
That is not what the progress is.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
PROTIP: Make things. This isn't Thaumcraft where one can unlock almost everything just by scanning enough crap, you gotta make things and toy around a bit.

C

CadenCats

PROTIP: Make things. This isn't Thaumcraft where one can unlock almost everything just by scanning enough crap, you gotta make things and toy around a bit.

Well, I have. I've created item casting stands and placed them, lumen harnessing isn't seemingly possible (to me) as I cannot find an entry on them. Either way, I'll keep trying I guess.

C

CadenCats

Ah Jees. I'm stupid I forgot the casting table level and the Casting Temple. After creation of aforementioned Temple, I unlocked "More Complex Crafting". Anyway, sorry for any trouble I may have caused. Thanks!

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Ah Jees. I'm stupid I forgot the casting table level and the Casting Temple. After creation of aforementioned Temple, I unlocked "More Complex Crafting". Anyway, sorry for any trouble I may have caused. Thanks!

Tis cool. Next thing I was gonna ask, actually, was if you had a picture of your setup. Glad you got it fixed!

Schadrach

Jul 29, 2019

I currently assume this is why I can't see spatial rifting powder despite having a bunch of recipes that require it.

I just need to sit down and craft one of everything, experiment, put them together in various combinations, find something useful, start optimizing and watch it get patched out because it was an unintended consequence of various parts doing *exactly* what they say on the tin (there was an entry in the changelog that was one of these cases, and was listed simply as "extreme exploit", the only hint I'll give is that water boils at 100C).

Speaking of recouping waste heat, do heat lamps/heat relays/RC heat in general interact with the heat systems from Magneticraft or Pneumaticcraft?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
No, because those mods - to my knowledge - have no APIs for their heat.
I'm pretty sure pneumaticcraft at least exposes some of it to the API, looks like the heat lamp could be non-trivial as the simplest way of making a block count as a heat source only functions for blocks of a constant heat. The heat lamp is variable though which complicates things a bit. My initial searching indicates you may want to do what it tells you not to do, and create your own implementation of IHeatExchangerLogic akin to IHeatExchangerLogicConstant, only with the temperature being dependent off the heat lamp instead of constant. I'm not entirely sure, it looks like it should be possible to add it though.

Never touched magneticraft though, not sure what to do there.