Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

Schadrach

Jul 29, 2019
Will Skystrike ever not be amusing? Just reduced a village to a lifeless series of craters in seconds for shits and giggles.

I'm fond of making it rain fire and throwing down Bolt of Powers whenever someone angers me. It certainly helps with the theatrics of "you may have angered the wrong...god?" Can't wait to get back to that point on my current server.

Reactions: RavynousHunter

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Fear the wrath of the elemental masters, vermin!

[ETA]

...235 levels from crafting a stack of turbocharged repeaters. DUDE.

Last edited:
L

lAimBotl

How obvious is the glowing tower structure? I circled around my spawn till I got out to 1000 blocks all around with journey map tbh it was like manually pregening .

Last world I was in I got stuck in my progression, new world seems to have fixed it.

Love all your mods Rekia, only things keeping me from 1.10+ :)

Schadrach

Jul 29, 2019
How obvious is the glowing tower structure? I circled around my spawn till I got out to 1000 blocks all around with journey map tbh it was like manually pregening .

Last world I was in I got stuck in my progression, new world seems to have fixed it.

Love all your mods Rekia, only things keeping me from 1.10+ :)

It's not very large but it should stand out if you're close (an antennae rises up out of it with a big white crystal in it) -- I haven't seen one "in the wild" (spawned one in a creative world hoping that it would help if I knew what I was looking for), so I'm not sure if they either are particularly hard to notice or if worldgen simply hates me (after all, the closest luminous cliffs were 11km from spawn, although it has been generous with the ocean temples). I have a lot of mods that do a lot of worldgen (including some uncommon ones like Ancient Warfare 2, Chocolate Quest, and MapleTree), so part of me wonders if they're getting overwritten with something else. It's got some kind of mini-game in the crystal, but I wasn't going to play with it any until I see one legit.

On the focus crystals -- is it supposed to be visually obvious if we're using them right? I took a guess based on the lexicon entry, and it feels like crafting is faster, maybe. But that might just be the placebo effect.

Placed on top of the center and corner "focus" blocks of the casting complex, the blocks that particles come from when crafting and shoot down into the casting table.

If that's the right usage, might I suggest making it more visually obvious that they're doing their thing?

Also been doing bees with gendustry. Can't wait until a Karmir bee gives me that Eon lifespan trait and I can give them blink lifespan instead to get drones faster (building a template for producing drones [emphasizing short lifespans, low productivity and high fertility], and a separate one for producing products[exactly the opposite -- long lifespans, high productivity, low fertility]). Can't wait to get to iridescent bees.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
For products, I think high fertility might be better actually, don't the Chromaticraft bees get a bonus if you give them the best possible set of traits? Best being highest in every category. Pretty sure that was a thing.

Though I'm not sure there's any way to get max temperature and humidity tolerance with Forestry + Chromaticraft alone, actually I don't know of any way to get those both at max without Genetics which adds a machine to increase them up to max.

Schadrach

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure there's a both 3 and both 5 kicking around for humidity and temperature, respectively. Just inside the ChC bees. Portokali has the temp one, forget who has the humidity one.

L

lAimBotl

hopefully nobody has asked this question 1000 times but, where do you place the focus crystals?

Now that I got the best focus crystals now, I can test!, should be obvious once I find the right spot, I hope.

Also is there a point to a enhanced tahara pendant?

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
atMz9a2.jpg

Schadrach

Jul 29, 2019
YnV9vgm.png

So, it's been running like this for a long time, and I can't figure out what's wrong. By a long time, I mean more than an hour of me AFK near the table keeping it running.

Schadrach

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to make the portal? I ask because I can't seem to craft those without crashing.

Yeah, the rift portal. AFAIK it's the only one that does the whole lightning thing and uses all the colors.

It's not crashing for me, it's just running forever with the yellow dot for progress.

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Man, the higher-level casting has really changed since I've last played with it! Methinks it may be time to get a better computer that can actually handle it. :p

Schadrach

Jul 29, 2019
2017-07-03_16.24.26.png
Water added for contrast. Obviously I entirely misunderstand the goal of this puzzle, but that's nothing new. =p

L

lAimBotl

"Took"? How?
I used a bucket* turned into a water bucket.

Also is it intended for the locations (of the crc dim structures) to disappear on the aura thing when you get close to them?

Last edited:

Schadrach

Jul 29, 2019
I went up and took the first water source after i completed the first puzzle, and that seems to break it .

Mine was missing the first water source entirely, hence the confusion. Next trip to dimension I found the same dungeon type and the only issue was some rendering, where certain elbow pieces would render as having one rotation but actually have a different one -- meant I had to follow the water as it filled the puzzle to tweak it as I went, even though I typically had the puzzle solved or nearly solved before the water was going to start flowing (I work from the outer ring inward).

Personally, I think I'd have preferred it with fewer puzzles but a faster stepping up of difficulty, but that's largely personal preference (it was just getting repetitive towards the end).

I am having one problem with the dimension in general though -- I get periodic client freezes, where my client just locks up for 30s or so every 5-10 minutes but only while in the dimension.