Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
wf088Ti.png

I was talking about these runes, not the blocks. As soon as I broke the ball of light, they all vanished and the framerate immediately returned to normal.
That...is less surprising. Also not really fixable.

Reactions: lucariomaster2

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to only render them when the player is in vision range or something? Similar to how normal entities only render within something like 40 blocks, or how "Stalker Creepers" only has creepers explode when you look at them, or heck, Endermen only turn agressive when you look at the torso? Just "don't display if not being looked at / on the display / in draw range of a player" somehow?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Is there any way to only render them when the player is in vision range or something? Similar to how normal entities only render within something like 40 blocks, or how "Stalker Creepers" only has creepers explode when you look at them, or heck, Endermen only turn agressive when you look at the torso? Just "don't display if not being looked at / on the display / in draw range of a player" somehow?
Yes, but I was referring more to the rendering lag itself.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, but I was referring more to the rendering lag itself.
That would be cull facing. Check your rendering pipeline to see if it's working as intended, you might have missed adding something to it or what not.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
No, the problem is the sheer number of calls. Each character is a quad draw, plus each line.
To be fair, that shouldn't be happening, either. I think I ought to look at both your render pipeline and particle generator code soon, see if there's something that can be done to lower those calls.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
B

Boldar

Hi,
i am using Chromatricraft v18b,
and i have a weird problem: I have no luminous cliffs.
I am playing with atg and BiomesOP, and the Rainbow and ender forests do spawn,
but i have no luminous cliffs in a ~100k radius from spawn. (I was using findbiome, which timeouts at 32k, but i was teleporting to 60k away and using it again in all 8 directions).
I think the worldgen is broken somehow.
Anyways, since i and my server mates are definitely not Generating a new world, can anyone provide a list which progressions or ressources are tied to the luminous cliffs and how i can cheat them in? Or is a mystcraft Age with the cliffs sufficent?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
At least in 17, Luminous Cliffs did not block any progression -- it is a non-required biome.
There is no progression tied to it, but there is worldgen.

Hi,
i am using Chromatricraft v18b,
and i have a weird problem: I have no luminous cliffs.
I am playing with atg and BiomesOP, and the Rainbow and ender forests do spawn,
but i have no luminous cliffs in a ~100k radius from spawn. (I was using findbiome, which timeouts at 32k, but i was teleporting to 60k away and using it again in all 8 directions).
I think the worldgen is broken somehow.
Anyways, since i and my server mates are definitely not Generating a new world, can anyone provide a list which progressions or ressources are tied to the luminous cliffs and how i can cheat them in? Or is a mystcraft Age with the cliffs sufficent?

The BoP world type does not generate them.

Dischtel

Jul 29, 2019
I have come across a bug with worldgen in the chromaticraft dimension with the monument.
A void rift spawned right in the middle of the monument and destroyed it.
2017-09-07_19.15.35.png

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
I feel like I complain on here more than I should, because I really do love this mod. I finally got a Lumen Tree up and running today, and it is absolutely gorgeous (and pretty useful as well). Right now I'm trying to Power Crystal up all of my pylons so that I can start going slightly ham with making stuff before I go to the Dimension. :D

That being said, I brought this up earlier but got no response; since v17, world generation has been exceedingly slow to the point where every time I reach the edge of the world, sometimes I have to wait upwards of a minute for more chunks to be generated. I know a lot of world generation was added in v17; is there anything whose generation is particularly computationally expensive?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I feel like I complain on here more than I should, because I really do love this mod. I finally got a Lumen Tree up and running today, and it is absolutely gorgeous (and pretty useful as well). Right now I'm trying to Power Crystal up all of my pylons so that I can start going slightly ham with making stuff before I go to the Dimension. :D

That being said, I brought this up earlier but got no response; since v17, world generation has been exceedingly slow to the point where every time I reach the edge of the world, sometimes I have to wait upwards of a minute for more chunks to be generated. I know a lot of world generation was added in v17; is there anything whose generation is particularly computationally expensive?
This, perhaps?

https://github.com/ReikaKalseki/ChromatiCraft/blob/master/World/BiomeGlowingCliffs.java#L191

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019

Yes, that's exactly it. Disabling it in the config fixed the problem. Thank you!

I have come across a bug with worldgen in the chromaticraft dimension with the monument.
A void rift spawned right in the middle of the monument and destroyed it.View attachment 34585

I don't know much about the Dimension apart from what I've read on the thread, but since it resets every time you visit it, maybe you could try grabbing all of the Lumen Cores you've found and re-entering it?

Last edited:
D

DarkMazer

I'm stuck trying to complete the "Lumen Harnessing" (aka wooden repeater) progression. I'm at a point where all fragments I obtain are blank. I have the fragment for the Ritual Table (which I have crafted), but not for the Ritual Altar structure. I would try using an energy storage crystal or lumen relay source to trigger the Lumen Harnessing progress, but I lack the Cores fragment necessary for either of those options.

Did I miss progress somewhere, perhaps needing to craft something I haven't?

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
I'm stuck trying to complete the "Lumen Harnessing" (aka wooden repeater) progression. I'm at a point where all fragments I obtain are blank. I have the fragment for the Ritual Table (which I have crafted), but not for the Ritual Altar structure. I would try using an energy storage crystal or lumen relay source to trigger the Lumen Harnessing progress, but I lack the Cores fragment necessary for either of those options.

Did I miss progress somewhere, perhaps needing to craft something I haven't?

The Storage Crystal Charger doesn't actually need a Storage Crystal to run - it can also store energy itself.

That being said, it does seem odd that the fragment for the Ritual Table is accessible earlier than the one for the structure required to make it. Is that a leftover from before wooden repeaters existed, or is it intentional?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
The Storage Crystal Charger doesn't actually need a Storage Crystal to run - it can also store energy itself.

That being said, it does seem odd that the fragment for the Ritual Table is accessible earlier than the one for the structure required to make it. Is that a leftover from before wooden repeaters existed, or is it intentional?
It is a relic, now fixed.

D

DarkMazer

I don't have access to the charger, either. I believe it's gated behind the storage crystal progression, which I cannot finish as of now. That's good to know, though.

I'm not really sure whether my progress is glitched or not, so I ran /chromaprog to see if I could get any insight into why I can't seem to discover anything new. Snipped out the long bits for brevity's sake.
Code:
Player research:
Level ENERGYEXPLORE
Can step to CHARGESELF: true && false
Missing research for ENERGYEXPLORE: [FOCUSCRYSTALS]
After poking around the source code for a bit, it seems that the ritual altar structure requires being at CHARGESELF, which would explain why I can't get it yet, if I'm interpreting these results correctly.

(Also after poking around the source code, I have a newfound appreciation for how much work Reika puts into this mod.)

R

Roaan

DarkMazer I'm in the same place you are. Same progression level and everything. From what I've been able to find the biggest hint is "connect the dots".

I'm an effort to connect the three colors needed for pylon surge protection, I built a wooden pylon network to connect a black, red, and yellow pylon. I drop the ritual table close to the repeaters, click the picture for pylon surge protection, then right click it with the wand and... Nothing. Just makes the angry beep sound like I did something wrong.

I have verified that, when holding a repeater block in my hand, a white dotted line appears from the left and right repeater, connecting on the one I'm looking at. Don't know any other way to diagnose network connectivity.

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to remember how I got past that stage. Are you sure there aren't any other lumen-harnessing constructs that you can make at your progression level?