Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

R

Roaan

I'm trying to remember how I got past that stage. Are you sure there aren't any other lumen-harnessing constructs that you can make at your progression level?
No not that I'm aware of. All of the lumen consuming constructs take elemental cores. As far as I can tell those are locked behind Unity of Elements which is locked behind Lumen Harnessing.

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
I know you can't build the structure, but try placing the Ritual Table next to one of the pylons (Kuro/Karmir/Kitrino) separated by a single wooden repeater. I might have had the structure (progression has changed since I did it) but it's still worth a try in my opinion.

R

Roaan

Ok I've tried that but I'll give it a shot right now! Do I have to do anything? Like selecting Pylon Surge Protection and tapping it with the wand?

My account is too new to submit a link so I hosted the screenshot on imgur at "Vlu7Y"

Last edited:

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
That's how you want it, though I still highly doubt it will work without the structure. Are there any other progression points you're missing? Any structures you haven't been to? @Reika, do the structures added in v17 gate anything?

D

DarkMazer

I "cheated" and built the ritual altar from a picture I found online, and managed to successfully cast Pylon Surge Protection, which gave me the Lumen Harnessing progress. I'm still running into the same issues, though: no shards are turning into new research, and I'm still stuck at the Energy & Exploration tier. I tried spamming the Pylon Surge Protection ritual to see if I can get a repeater to blow up, but it seems to lack the oomph needed to overload them, even after 10 tries.

Using /chromaprog still indicates that my progress is gated by focus crystals, which I don't even have the fragment for. Not sure what to do from this point.

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
I think focus crystals are a villager trade. It is a progression, though I wasn't aware it was required for anything.

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
After burning through mountains of Resonant Dust, Transmissive Dust, and Focal Powder, and with a lot of help from Accelerated-working-Eon-living-8x-speed-Lumen-boosted Iridescent bees, I've finally powered up all sixteen pylons and am now getting ready to build my portal to the Dimension.

So I suppose I've got a slightly different question. I've always thought of the Dimension as "heaven" (or some variant, at least), and I'm trying to position the structure accordingly. What I'm doing now is adding a second stairway up from my main ChromatiCraft area (which is already up in the sky). But since I'm terrible at aesthetics, does anyone have a suggestion on how to make the stairway to the portal look like, well, the stairway to heaven?

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
...You may be closer than you realize.

?

(I've been to the Dimension before in another playthrough, so I know what it looks like.)

EDIT: Forgive me for asking, but how on earth does the Elemental Sonar ability work? I'm imagining that the element symbols mark points of interest (with the Player at the centre), but I've never found anything from it.

Last edited:
C

Celery

I have a question about the crystal bees, which I'm having some trouble with. It may or may not be relevant, but I am utilizing Gendustry to simplify the process. I am in a mod pack running Chromaticraft 17C.

I'm trying to get an Asveste Bee to produce its special products as a proof of concept. It has all of the chromaticraft superior traits (fertility 8, naturalistic flowering, exploratory territory, eon lifespan, temp/humidity both 5, tolerant flyer, cave dweller, diurnal) as well as having the original Asveste flower type.

I have this bee next to an asveste tree grown from an asveste sapling, an asveste cave crystal, an asveste crystal bloom, and an asveste flower. Also, according to a rotarycraft blast furnace that I've been using to check the ambient temperature, it should be 16C at the coordinate of the apiary. All of the above is in a rainbow forest biome that I made at my base using the Random Things biome painter, high enough up that the ambient temp is in the bee's desired range.

With all of this in place, I am receiving no specialty products.

I am unsure as to which requirement I am lacking. Is there a way in-game for non-admin players to get feedback about what conditions are not being met? One that I can think of are that the flowering isn't "normal" as described in the book, but I have previously tested with that and also received no secondary products. Is there some sort of potential issue with imprinting the flower type by gendustry, even though it matches the bee type? Or could it be an issue with "creating" a Rainbow Forest biome with the biome painter?

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question about the crystal bees, which I'm having some trouble with. It may or may not be relevant, but I am utilizing Gendustry to simplify the process. I am in a mod pack running Chromaticraft 17C.

I'm trying to get an Asveste Bee to produce its special products as a proof of concept. It has all of the chromaticraft superior traits (fertility 8, naturalistic flowering, exploratory territory, eon lifespan, temp/humidity both 5, tolerant flyer, cave dweller, diurnal) as well as having the original Asveste flower type.

I have this bee next to an asveste tree grown from an asveste sapling, an asveste cave crystal, an asveste crystal bloom, and an asveste flower. Also, according to a rotarycraft blast furnace that I've been using to check the ambient temperature, it should be 16C at the coordinate of the apiary. All of the above is in a rainbow forest biome that I made at my base using the Random Things biome painter, high enough up that the ambient temp is in the bee's desired range.

With all of this in place, I am receiving no specialty products.

I am unsure as to which requirement I am lacking. Is there a way in-game for non-admin players to get feedback about what conditions are not being met? One that I can think of are that the flowering isn't "normal" as described in the book, but I have previously tested with that and also received no secondary products. Is there some sort of potential issue with imprinting the flower type by gendustry, even though it matches the bee type? Or could it be an issue with "creating" a Rainbow Forest biome with the biome painter?

I can tell you right now that it's not an issue with either the Flowering or the Biome Painter, since I was able to get the Specialty products from Faster flowering and a Painted Rainbow biome. That being said, I used ChC's Biome Painter, not Random Things's.

What progression level are you at?

D

DarkMazer

But since I'm terrible at aesthetics, does anyone have a suggestion on how to make the stairway to the portal look like, well, the stairway to heaven?
I imagine a stairway to heaven would be long, narrow, and plain.

But if you want to make the stairway look more heavenly and less... dull... you could make it very wide, perhaps in an arc, and use brightly-colored and possibly luminous blocks, like glowstone, repeater lamps, and shielded lamps (after your first trip, obviously). Also decorate with plenty of flowers, especially chromatic flowers, and crystals. Maybe even some crystal altars, but not too many unless you have a very beefy graphics card. If you have the means to move some around, some floatstone supports would also be great aesthetically (hey, a floating structure that actually has a reason to float!). Hope that gives you some ideas.

Reactions: Lethosos

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
You could make it glitter like gold.

Or, face to the west, over a large body of water

Maybe put a orchestra there and have it play a song?

Sadly there are no large bodies of water around my main base (and I lack the patience, infrastructure, and skill for that kind of terraforming), but I like the orchestra idea. I was also thinking of making a floating island for it to sit on and planting some Shimmering trees around it.

B

Boldar

Can anyone tell me how to power the Symbol Extractor?
Do I need a storage Crystal? Or is it the Lumen Relay system, and if so, how do i get this into the mystcraft age?

B

Boldar

The Symbol extractor is still not working. I tried the relay System with a storage crystal, tried giving it paper, putting a chest next to it, whacking it with an elemental manipulator and some other things. It does nothing, does not even accept lumens.
Also, i have no idea how the lumen alveary booster works. It is consuming Lumen, and semms like it is applying some speed, but how do i select the exact effect?

B

Boldar

I could not figure oout how to use the Symbol extractor yet, although i got some power into it. It is just doing nothing. I get how the whole "try it yourself" thing is nice, but it becomes very frustrating if there is no feedback from the device about what is wrong.

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
When exploring the Dimension, is there any strategy I can use for finding the puzzles or is it just a matter of running around?

And once again, how do I interpret the Elemental Sonar HUD?