Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
You asked two related questions.
That's what I figured. I'm assuming the centre circle of Elemental Sonar represents the player's location and "up" corresponds to north?

What's been happening is that I go in the direction of a colour that appears fairly close to the centre, and then when I ping the dimension again it's vanished from the radar.

Last edited:
D

DarkMazer

That's what I figured. I'm assuming the centre circle of Elemental Sonar represents the player's location and "up" corresponds to north?

What's been happening is that I go in the direction of a colour that appears fairly close to the centre, and then when I ping the dimension again it's vanished from the radar.
The radar shows a random selection of colors (as far as I can tell). Try using it multiple times in a row if you don't see the one you were looking for.

Reactions: lucariomaster2
D

DarkMazer

Where did you get that idea?
Just extrapolating (clearly incorrectly) from observed data. I noticed that not all colors show up at once when using the Elemental Sonar, so I tried using it consecutively. More colors showed up, despite variables such as location and facing remaining unchanged. There could be another variable in play that I didn't notice, which is why I attributed it to randomness.

Now I'm tempted to experiment more and see if I can find the pattern.

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome list of changes for v19! I'm reading through the changelog now, but I can't wait to download it and try them out.

ChromatiCraft: Downsized Channeled Flow puzzle
ChromatiCraft: Water Locks and Laser Effectors can now be rotated in both directions
ChromatiCraft: Added Structure Bypass panel system, to avoid needing to solve the same puzzle every new map
Impeccable timing: you released this immediately after I completed the water puzzle twice!

ChromatiCraft: Pylons can now be destabilized by outside...disturbances
Uh-oh. I'm curious as to what "destabilizing" means for them and what disturbances could cause it.

ChromatiCraft: Dimension cheating detection and reaction is now more aggressive
Good thing I tried and failed to cheat beforehand then, eh? :p

ChromatiCraft: Greatly improved worldgen performance in Nether and CC dimension

THANK YOU! This was probably my biggest gripe with exploring the Dimension, that I would always have to wait for the world to load. I honestly don't know what better thing you could add to this upda-
ChromatiCraft: Added "backspace" button to Crystal Orchestra

afb.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Lethosos
N

n8crafter

Hi Reika, upon updating to version 19b, I noticed an issue regarding the Casting Table: when a chest is placed above the table, no surrounding structure is registered.

Also, is this an appropriate thread to report this on? if not, where would you like me to report bugs from now on?

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Looking at the positions of the Dimension structures on the Elemental Sonar and, I noticed that they spawn in a rough ring. Taking a screenshot and connecting the dots in elemental order made a shape that looks kind of like... a biological heart.

Is this intentional, or just a coincidence? Would the Monument be at the aorta?

EDIT: Another observation. Lines drawn between each colour and its opposite (Nila / Galazio, Ruzova / Karmir, Vadali / Portokali, etc.) all cross in roughly the same place. Hmm...

EDIT 2: Bingo.

EDIT 3: Do you just have to put the Cores on the monument, or do you have to repair the structure itself as well?

Last edited:

mathwiz617

Apr 29, 2015
Looking at the positions of the Dimension structures on the Elemental Sonar and, I noticed that they spawn in a rough ring. Taking a screenshot and connecting the dots in elemental order made a shape that looks kind of like... a biological heart.

Is this intentional, or just a coincidence? Would the Monument be at the aorta?

EDIT: Another observation. Lines drawn between each colour and its opposite (Nila / Galazio, Ruzova / Karmir, Vadali / Portokali, etc.) all cross in roughly the same place. Hmm...

EDIT 2: Bingo.

EDIT 3: Do you just have to put the Cores on the monument, or do you have to repair the structure itself as well?

Yes, to all your questions.

By that, I mean: yes, repair the structure as well. Be sure to bring all the materials necessary to do it on one trip.

N

n8crafter

is there any particular reason this feature was removed?

on a less serious note, this has been my experience with living in a plains/savanna biome since updating to v19:
2017-11-13_18.34.18.png

mailleseraph

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, since I added chromaticraft V19 to my world I have been noticing purple particles floating around my head in certain areas, is this an intentional progression-y thing? Also I hope unknown artifacts are used a lot, because they seem to be everywhere in the Prairie biome I call home.

dieselfuelonly

Jul 29, 2019
What are the conditions to get the dimension to reset? I'm playing on a SMP server by myself. Between leaving the dimension, disconnecting, and going to the overworld and doing something else for a while, I haven't had any luck. Maybe I'm just being too impatient? Only thing that seems to get it to reset is restarting the server.

mathwiz617

Apr 29, 2015
What are the conditions to get the dimension to reset? I'm playing on a SMP server by myself. Between leaving the dimension, disconnecting, and going to the overworld and doing something else for a while, I haven't had any luck. Maybe I'm just being too impatient? Only thing that seems to get it to reset is restarting the server.

Is it maybe chunkloaded somehow?

dieselfuelonly

Jul 29, 2019
Nope. And now it won't reset at ALL. I attempted the 3d maze which, as I see it, is only possible to complete by sheer luck. Totally lost, can't get out, even after a server restart when I load back in the game I'm still in the 3d maze.

And on the note of the 3d maze, has anyone here truly figured out how to get through this maze without just pure luck? I've spent HOURS in this thing, put down over 1200 pieces of glowstone marking my path and still feel like I'm running around with no direction. The bars, the lamp blocks, the cracks in the floor, do these all have any meaning or is it just "pick and path and good luck"?

Tried everything I can to figure this out and can't. I have two cores left and this is one of the two puzzles I get after resetting the dimension probably hundreds of times looking for the chance of getting a different puzzle, but it seems that I HAVE to complete this puzzle at least once for one of the cores.

Last edited:

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Nope. And now it won't reset at ALL. I attempted the 3d maze which, as I see it, is only possible to complete by sheer luck. Totally lost, can't get out, even after a server restart when I load back in the game I'm still in the 3d maze.

And on the note of the 3d maze, has anyone here truly figured out how to get through this maze without just pure luck? I've spent HOURS in this thing, put down over 1200 pieces of glowstone marking my path and still feel like I'm running around with no direction. The bars, the lamp blocks, the cracks in the floor, do these all have any meaning or is it just "pick and path and good luck"?

Tried everything I can to figure this out and can't. I have two cores left and this is one of the two puzzles I get after resetting the dimension probably hundreds of times looking for the chance of getting a different puzzle, but it seems that I HAVE to complete this puzzle at least once for one of the cores.

I know that the core is in the centre of the lowest level. Not sure how useful that is, though.

EDIT: I've had a cosmetic idea for awhile now: what if players that have a sufficient (say, >1M) amount of a certain colour energy stored on them gave off an aura of that colour? Not sure how easy it would be to implement, but it would look pretty neat.

Last edited:
N

n8crafter

I've figured out that you have to delete the dim60 file in your world to have the chroma dimension reset correctly sometimes. As for resetting to get a new puzzle for a specific puzzle: don't, it's the same color per puzzle per world.

As for the 3D maze, there's an ability that will help you immensely. Furthermore, if you use journaymap you can make a waypoint at the entrance to mark the center.