Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

Xav101

Jul 29, 2019
If you're newer to bees I just can recommend the NEI Addon "BeeBetterAtBees".
It shows very clearly - chromaticraft bees included - how to get to what you want, with the %-chances of actually getting there :)

One of the NEI-Addons without which I would totally be lost, especially since I have magic bees installed as well.

@Xav101
If the Lumen-Broadcasters are these gigantic long range lumen-transport buildings: Yes they're multiaura-repeaters.
Would be evil if you would have to build one per color when you're living on an island or so, hehe.
(if they're not... I still totally get lost with all the names of structures and so :( )

So no ideas about what the heck the issue is with the lexicon not rendering the background texture?

(Also, you are correct about the Lumen-Broadcasters, that's what they are)

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
So no ideas about what the heck the issue is with the lexicon not rendering the background texture?

(Also, you are correct about the Lumen-Broadcasters, that's what they are)

Never had the issue myself. If I would have to guess I would say try if the texture-pack you're using kinda disturbs it. But I kinda think texture-packs shouldn't do that to the lexicon.
Besides that, if it's only after certain starts of the and not all the time, maybe the background data just doesn't get loaded. Not sure though in this case what you could do, at least no idea which wouldn't risk you loosing your progression, which probably would be more horrible than a missing background.

Without having the technical knowledge how these things work it's difficult to offer possible solutions, like if maybe some other mod interfers with this one background-file to be loaded or so.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Just as I was about to give up my search for Pure bees... I found the hive. Ignoble, but thanks to gendustry, I can manage.

Is the lumen tree supposed to make leaves for every color? Because mine is only making five. Or maybe I'm just understanding it wrong, should I try to feed repeaters into the battery block, or does it just generate lumens out of thin air?

And I have all the parts needed to go to the Dimension, I just need to actually build the structure.

Last edited:

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
I must be doing something wrong then, other colors don't seem to want to charge it, even though they should have LOS to the battery block.

It was indeed a LOS issue, I need to rework how my repeaters are set up.

Also, I'm not usually one to comment on astetics, but holy hell, the dimension is amazing.
Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Yesssss, I adore the dimension. Also, I tend to just give the tree access to a multi-aura and lead repeaters to THAT, instead. The loss from a single multi-aura is small enough that it won't kill anything.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Found my first structure in the dimension. The music puzzle. The only one that I can't find a video on, and have no clue how to even begin to solve it. Halp?

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Well that... sucks. They go way too fast, and seemingly all at the same time. Plus the melody is like a dozen notes at least. I'm good with logic puzzles and mazes, but I don't think I can do a music puzzle. =/

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
I left that puzzle, and will likely leave it until the very end, and moved on to a puzzle I can only really describe as "codebreaker", and made my way through that to my first core.

Then I think I broke the next puzzle. I think the popup was strange places? The maze that keeps teleporting you back if you do it wrong. I managed to find the core, but couldn't get to it because I didn't have the key, and it wouldn't let me go anywhere else. After at least a half dozen times of following the same path, it finally kicked me to a new room, I grabbed the key, and it put me in a toom with warp glass, but then that was it. Going back did nothing, couldn't go forward, couldn't interact with any blocks. I managed to set some tnt off and kill myself out of the dimension entirely. Not really sure what I did wrong, but I'm assuming I did something wrong.

Corollary question to that, when I go back, will that puzzle still be in the same space, or is everything completely randomly generated?

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
I left that puzzle, and will likely leave it until the very end, and moved on to a puzzle I can only really describe as "codebreaker", and made my way through that to my first core.

Then I think I broke the next puzzle. I think the popup was strange places? The maze that keeps teleporting you back if you do it wrong. I managed to find the core, but couldn't get to it because I didn't have the key, and it wouldn't let me go anywhere else. After at least a half dozen times of following the same path, it finally kicked me to a new room, I grabbed the key, and it put me in a toom with warp glass, but then that was it. Going back did nothing, couldn't go forward, couldn't interact with any blocks. I managed to set some tnt off and kill myself out of the dimension entirely. Not really sure what I did wrong, but I'm assuming I did something wrong.

Corollary question to that, when I go back, will that puzzle still be in the same space, or is everything completely randomly generated?

Unless something has changed sense v15, the Dim resets everytime you log out of the game/leave the dim ......

Try doing the Music puzzle color blind.... my wife ended up doing it, sense I couldn't see the particle effects of the tone generators..

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Oh no, I know everything resets, what meant was, if I go back to the exact same XYZ coordinates, will there still be a puzzle there? Or does everything generate randomly again?

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
That's the big reason why I advise folks to charge up with as much lumen energy as possible before heading (back) into the dimension. You'll need it for the Elemental Sonar and prolly other single-use abilities, as well.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
I should look into more abilities. The only ones I've actually used are Surge Protection, the purification aura just for progression, and Elemental Sonar. I've been meaning to get the one that protects lumens on death, and in hindsight I should have done it before blowing myself up, hah.

If everything is randomly generated, does that mean I could theoretically get the other 15 cores without ever needing to do the music puzzle if I reset enough times?

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Haha, I fully intend to do every other puzzle correctly, and make sure to at least attempt the music puzzle again.

At this point though, the only way I can think to solve it would be to record it and watch it frame by frame, and I think that violates the spirit of the game more than just doing a different puzzle. It's not a issue at the moment though, since that one likely won't be there when I go back next.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
The whole "dimension resets" is kinda a mixed bag.

On one hand, as it was explained to me, each person needs their own copy of the dimension in multiplayer in order for the placement of the puzzles to be sensible. (No, I haven't even begun to progress far enough to understand that).

Second, you need more copies of the puzzles because apparently you have to be able to raid the structures multiple times for spare parts.

But at the same time, it's an absolutely lovely place to set up a base. Or just explore.

It's like ... you'd want one single shared instance with no structures that could be used as a big endgame base, perhaps that you could only get to with a ritual from all 16 cores. That each person could go to, and share, that would not reset. And, on that of that, each person would have their own personal, non-sharable puzzle dimension.

But if you can't reset the puzzle dimensions, you run into things like a color blind, or deafness problem. Or perhaps there's another issue with another puzzle.

Not to mention that if it never clears out, you'll have a lot of wasted disk space eventually, with all the exploring/travel needed out there.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
My client locks up for a few seconds when the music changes, but other than that, I love it. Even if not trying to solve a puzzle or mine, it's just fun to look around.

Maybe some interaction with mystcraft after rebuilding the monument to make an age that's a copy of the dimension, but with persistance?

...huh. So I dug down to bedrock in the dimension after leaving and reentering and all that and I came across.... tunnels. With torches. And a hole through the bedrock where I left the first time. The surface looks like it regenerated, but somehow my tunnels were still there afterwards. Is that normal?

Confirmed, my dimension is not resetting. A hole I dug at 0 0 is still there.

I've been going in spheres in this 3 dimensional maze for hours. Long enough to go crazy and think this joke is funny.

Last edited: