Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

Xav101

Jul 29, 2019
I think I'm still a ways off from turbo charging. The only achievement left right now is Recharge, and then I think it's going to send me to the dimension.

I have 5/8 power crystals for recharging, I'm out of purification powder.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Try getting some Tahara crystal bees. 5% chance of purification powder, but the lumen alveary booster or even industrial apiaries should help with that number.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I should look at bees again. I made some kuro bees when I was out of shards, but they never seemed to make anything other than combs. I'll work on tahara, and set up a bunch of them.

Xav101

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I should look at bees again. I made some kuro bees when I was out of shards, but they never seemed to make anything other than combs. I'll work on tahara, and set up a bunch of them.

Bees will only produce their special products if they are in their preferred climate. Therefore, you will either have to use industrial apiaries to adjust the climate inside them, or use Chromaticraft's (or any other mod's for that matter) biome painter to change the biome around the alveary/apiary (make sure if you change the biome that also change the biome of the blocks directly adjacent to the alveary/apiary.) I don't know if the lumen alveary booster can change the climate, but I'm assuming it can't.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
I think I was in an ender forest, although I may have had the plains biome emulator from gendustry

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
I need to set up some automation for the drops, I left it running on a chunk loaded server for a few days, periodically clearing out the items.

Xav101

Jul 29, 2019
I need to set up some automation for the drops, I left it running on a chunk loaded server for a few days, periodically clearing out the items.

Shouldn't be hard, just use an automation upgrade in an industrial apiary and use a conduit to pipe out the products into an ME system :p

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Yep yep. I think I'm going to do storage drawers with void upgrades. There have been times where I go a week between logging in

What's the breeding path to get to tahara bees? NEI keeps sending me in circles, saying I need pure and raw bees, without telling me how to get either. I need tahara to make ruzovia to make raw to make tahara, etc.

Last edited:

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
So a lil question about the fertility bloom:
I did some testing about their range and I wonder if I did something wrong with them, they seem to have a 2 block range though not as 'square' but only on x and z axis. So boosts the growth of 8 plants all together.
- So are they meant to be used in a complete line beside the plants or are there some hidden tricks how to make their range an area of effect?
(tried the enrichment vines already, but they're only increases it's growthtick-speed not it's range)

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I know there are adjacency cores (the spinny, coloured things that used to just be the tile accelerator) that boost range. I dunno if they'd be effective on the fertility blooms, though. Also, you can put them on enrichment vines? Huh, I was unaware of this...

Xav101

Jul 29, 2019
I know there are adjacency cores (the spinny, coloured things that used to just be the tile accelerator) that boost range. I dunno if they'd be effective on the fertility blooms, though. Also, you can put them on enrichment vines? Huh, I was unaware of this...

Or you can just use the aura locus once you complete the dimension...

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks, once I reached this point I will try them :)

And yup, tested up to 6 enrichment vines and they work wonders, though only problem is that the fertility bloom has to be same height as the crops, so in worst case you're building yourself a lil deathtrap-hole in middle of your crops, heh.

Actually still trying to figure out if any other plant can use the enrichment vines. Can be quiet difficult to have the right idea about "what" to test together in many things in Chromaticraft.
(crafting always all new items/blocks I can, still havn't figured out the use of half of them ^^")

@Xav101
Going into the CC dimension is still far far away for me. Testing at the moment if the fertility bloom has effect on the plants which spread like weeds.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Yep yep. I think I'm going to do storage drawers with void upgrades. There have been times where I go a week between logging in

What's the breeding path to get to tahara bees? NEI keeps sending me in circles, saying I need pure and raw bees, without telling me how to get either. I need tahara to make ruzovia to make raw to make tahara, etc.

How do you start other bee branches? :p

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
How do you start other bee branches? :p
...NEI and Googleing. =p

My first thought was Crystal and Pure, but I see two entries for Pure, a white one and a purple one (that looks like it's added by magic bees), the purple Pure bee has a recipe, but the white one does not. Clicking the white Pure bee takes me to the Kurarui bee page, and it lists Raw bees as a byproduct, but not Pure. Clicking on said Raw bee takes me to generic "find Meadows bees in dungeon loot chests" pages.

Aha... I see why the white Pure bees don't have a recipe. Alright, I know what I need to do.

Last edited:

Xav101

Jul 29, 2019
...NEI and Googleing. =p

My first thought was Crystal and Pure, but I see two entries for Pure, a white one and a purple one (that looks like it's added by magic bees), the purple Pure bee has a recipe, but the white one does not. Clicking the white Pure bee takes me to the Kurarui bee page, and it lists Raw bees as a byproduct, but not Pure. Clicking on said Raw bee takes me to generic "find Meadows bees in dungeon loot chests" pages.

Aha... I see why the white Pure bees don't have a recipe. Alright, I know what I need to do.

Should have spent more time spelunking :p

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Now that I know what to do, it seems so obvious. I'm sure I found it in a previous world before I really got excited about bees and chromaticraft as a whole.

So of course, now that I'm looking for it, I can't find it.

Xav101

Jul 29, 2019
Now that I know what to do, it seems so obvious. I'm sure I found it in a previous world before I really got excited about bees and chromaticraft as a whole.

So of course, now that I'm looking for it, I can't find it.

200_s.gif

Ok, but seriously. Some random Chromaticraft questions now:

1. Is there any use for the growth accelerators once I have the aura locus? I have a bunch of them placed, and I'm assuming I probably should remove them.

2. Do lumen-broadcasters act like Multi-Aura repeaters? I don't see anything that would suggest they can only transmit one color, considering the lexicon entry doesn't mention anything about it, and the structure uses multichromic runes.

3. Why is my lexicon glitched out and rendering a white background?
186cd30d99.png

Last edited:

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
If you're newer to bees I just can recommend the NEI Addon "BeeBetterAtBees".
It shows very clearly - chromaticraft bees included - how to get to what you want, with the %-chances of actually getting there :)

One of the NEI-Addons without which I would totally be lost, especially since I have magic bees installed as well.

@Xav101
If the Lumen-Broadcasters are these gigantic long range lumen-transport buildings: Yes they're multiaura-repeaters.
Would be evil if you would have to build one per color when you're living on an island or so, hehe.
(if they're not... I still totally get lost with all the names of structures and so :( )