Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Xav101

Jul 29, 2019
I've been quarrying hollow hills in the twilight forest. When the quarry mines the chests they drop some usually.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Can we get a config option to spawn pylons in Mushroom Island biomes? I didn't realize just how terrible my seed is before trying to get all 16 colors set up. At least 60% of my world is mushroom, and I've explored at least a few hundred chunks in every direction.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Xav101

Jul 29, 2019
Can we get a config option to spawn pylons in Mushroom Island biomes? I didn't realize just how terrible my seed is before trying to get all 16 colors set up. At least 60% of my world is mushroom, and I've explored at least a few hundred chunks in every direction.

How exactly do you get a world that is 60% mushroom biome? Is it a large biomes world? Because I don't know how you would get a world with that much mushroom biome.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
No idea, Biomes O'Plenty just had a feild day with it. Comparatively, all the other biomes are smaller, but there's a very very large contiguous Mushroom Island, Rainbow Forest is decently sized, but not as big as the mushroom. I'll grab pics when I get home, but It's pretty crazy.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know about the biome layout in the BoP worldtype, but in the vanilla worldtype, a mushroom island biome zone (including the shores) is never adjacent to a second M.I. biome zone, and always adjacent to at least one ocean zone. If nothing else, you can find ocean, and sail to another landmass.

I think an M.I. zone starts biome sized -- about 256 blocks across -- and could grow 50% easily enough. But after 512 blocks across, I think it has to have run into another biome, ocean or something.

Also: a few hundred blocks is *nothing*. For ChromaticCraft, you may want to be exploring a few *thousand* blocks. On his dev server, Reika allocated 5K by 5K zones.

Wait, you said a few hundred *chunks*???

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
2016-12-24_20.59.23.png
And that's just one of them. There's another one a little farther south west, but there's plains inbetween them. Just as big as this one.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
And that's just near spawn, if I travel out farther, I find more mushroom biomes than anything else, and they're all huge. I've had to go thousands of blocks, in the nether, to find all the world gen flows and structures that I need.

Xav101

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know about the biome layout in the BoP worldtype, but in the vanilla worldtype, a mushroom island biome zone (including the shores) is never adjacent to a second M.I. biome zone, and always adjacent to at least one ocean zone. If nothing else, you can find ocean, and sail to another landmass.

I think an M.I. zone starts biome sized -- about 256 blocks across -- and could grow 50% easily enough. But after 512 blocks across, I think it has to have run into another biome, ocean or something.

Also: a few hundred blocks is *nothing*. For ChromaticCraft, you may want to be exploring a few *thousand* blocks. On his dev server, Reika allocated 5K by 5K zones.

Wait, you said a few hundred *chunks*???

From what i remember, isn't there a like "long range lumen broadcasting tower?" You had to build these two massive towers in a straight line from each other, but they could transmit a lumen stream over a massive range without the loss that repeaters incur.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Needs a minimum of 500 blocks between them, and only works in straight lines, not diagonals. Won't work in my situation.

Brian_E

Jul 29, 2019
Our last world was about 60-70% mushroom island biome. I eventually found out BoP does that if the world type isn't set to BiomesOP. You probably need to restart, because you won't find any oceans (and therefore none of the ocean temple things). At least I never did, after going like 8000 in every direction.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
My world type is set to BIOMESOP in the server config. I did find oceans as well, and I think they were as massive as the mushroom biome, and found the ocean temples.

I've found all of the unique worldgen, my pylons are just lacking. Hm, is it possible to just build new ones?

Xav101

Jul 29, 2019
Needs a minimum of 500 blocks between them, and only works in straight lines, not diagonals. Won't work in my situation.

Why can't you just use two pairs of them going in two straight lines? Still has less lumen loss than a chain of repeaters.

Also, I only really use them if I have around 1k blocks to travel.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
The diagonals from some of the pylons to my casting complex are ~500 blocks, so each straight arm would be less than that. I'd either need to overshoot it twice and run a line of repeaters for each color, or just run a line of repeaters, neither of which is ideal.

I have my base chunkloaded, once I have the luminescent battery unlocked, I can make the tree and just let it charge when I'm not playing.

Brian_E

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if this helps, but I had one game where every closest pylon was roughly the same direction from my base, and most were in the 500-800 meter range I think. I had planned to make a straight line of multi-auras in that direction, then shorter runs for each color perpendicular from the pylon to the 'primary bus'. I know the multiauras are supposed to be more lossy (which IMHO discourages their use quite a bit), but sometimes it's the best tool for an unpleasant task.

Last edited:

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Multiauras are my next step. I have three main lines into my base, when the repeaters got close enough, I just stacked them on top of each other, splitting them back out around the complex. If I were to replace the stacked repeaters with multiauras, I's still be looking at 20ish each for two of my lines in.

Is there a way to make the compass show the next nearest pylon? I could just double up and use 32 pylons instead of 16.

Also, the issue I posted about a few pages back, with the tahara symbol overlaying on the karmir pylon fixed itself with a relog, but the same thing happened to the kurai pylon when I planted a bunch of trees near it. Worth reporting to the bug tracker?

Last edited:

Xav101

Jul 29, 2019
Multiauras are my next step. I have three main lines into my base, when the repeaters got close enough, I just stacked them on top of each other, splitting them back out around the complex. If I were to replace the stacked repeaters with multiauras, I's still be looking at 20ish each for two of my lines in.

Is there a way to make the compass show the next nearest pylon? I could just double up and use 32 pylons instead of 16.

Also, the issue I posted about a few pages back, with the tahara symbol overlaying on the karmir pylon fixed itself with a relog, but the same thing happened to the kurai pylon when I planted a bunch of trees near it. Worth reporting to the bug tracker?

I don't think there is a way to get the pylon compass to display the second nearest pylon other than flying far enough away that there is another pylon of that color closer to you. If you want to plug the second closest set of 16 pylons into your repeater network, I would suggest flying beyond any pylon of your choice until the pylons the compass displays changes. Then, fly over to those and mark them with a waypoint that has the same color of the pylon. Once you've marked a bunch of pylons, go back to your base and determine the next closest set of pylons. Then just plug them into your network.

Also, how far away are you from turbocharging? I don't think you should really need an extra set of pylons once you unlock turbocharging, as that significantly boosts the power of the pylons. Just don't forget to unplug them from your repeater network when you do it. Then again, maybe 32 turbocharged pylons would create some overpowered repeater network.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
I think I'm still a ways off from turbo charging. The only achievement left right now is Recharge, and then I think it's going to send me to the dimension.

I have 5/8 power crystals for recharging, I'm out of purification powder.