Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, good to know that you can use shears on some. I guess I tried using them on the ones that don't work with shears and then decided that all Chromaticraft plants cannot be sheared, heh. Need to test that out.

And now I totally have to test out of they have some sort of natural spreading or so, for farming I mean. I always thought every plant exists exactly once and you have to go away for longer distances if you need more ^^"
Nope, some of them do spread. To give you an example, the nature vines can spread along pretty much any vertical surface. Also, a little clue: there's ways to make them spread faster, if you catch my drift.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Well.... looks like I need to carve out a few mountains then. My ritual alter is diagonal from the pylon.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, some of them do spread. To give you an example, the nature vines can spread along pretty much any vertical surface. Also, a little clue: there's ways to make them spread faster, if you catch my drift.

Guess from what you say, I'm not clever at all 'yet'. Will try a few things and see if I maybe catch up with what you mean. :]
Knowing that there are ways at least makes me look for it instead of not even thinking about if there are other ways, heh.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
If memory serves, the bee progression should be non-gating, but all you should need to do is spawn a crystal hive in with NEI, then place and break it; that should give you the requisite progression. I am all but completely certain that Painful Loss is non-gating, unless I missed something in the recent changes circa v16c/d.
Without Forestry, that may well just crash.

Note that the repeaters will not stack once placed.
That was fixed a long time ago.

Lastly, a note about abilities: there are several without active lumen costs. Pylon Surge Protection is chief amonst them...The cost for the ability is only taken when you activate the ability, so toggling it is not only unnecessary, it is a complete waste of perfectly good personal lumen storage that you could use to strike your foes down with lightning or something.
All of this is false.

1. The attenuation isn't really the main problem with multi-aura repeaters, the main problem is latency. From what I recall (and Reika, if I'm wrong, please correct me), multi-aura repeaters increase the effective complexity of the lumen network far more than single-colour repeaters. When used sparingly, this isn't a problem, but trying to wire 400m of distance with multi-aura repeaters could cause your world's TPS to tank whenever you draw energy from your network. Trust me, in the long run, single-colour repeaters aren't very expensive to make in mass amounts and can be cleverly built atop/beside one another to minimize the amount of scattered repeaters you have around; just make sure that you've got a line of sight for each of them the whole way back to your base.
As is this. Attenuation is significant, and a long multi-aura network is no more complex than a long single-color one. Branching the search is the main computational problem with Multiauras.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Well.... looks like I need to carve out a few mountains then. My ritual alter is diagonal from the pylon.

You may be able to set up three beacons in an L shape to do it... but if you're only going 500-odd blocks, it may well be cheaper just to set up a long line of repeaters.

Also note that repeaters can go up and down at an angle of a bit less than 45 degrees. It may be easier to go over the mountains, rather than around or through them.

SUCCESS. Crafting the Teleportation Pump seemed to fix this issue.
At one point, I ran into a situation (in v13 or v14) where I had crafted all the things available to me, then did all the available progression, and then was stuck. Fragments weren't revealing themselves; everything in the progression tab was either hidden, already completed, or required items that I didn't have fragments for yet; and since I'd already crafted everything I had fragments for, I didn't know what else to do.

And then I crafted some random thing (might've been a crystal cluster or something; it was pretty early on) and then I moved to the next progression tier and some fragments revealed themselves and all was well.

From what I can tell, most of the leveling-up occurs when you craft something when you have all of the appropriate progression. It doesn't seem to greatly matter what item you craft, just as long as you've got all the necessary research and progression when you craft it.

And so, my advice:
- If you get stuck, unable to learn more research or do any more progression, craft some things at random, whether you've crafted them before or not. I don't know what the specific requirements for this are, so just pick things that you've learned recently and craft one from each category until something works.
- In order to prevent this type of situation from occurring in the first place, do any and all progression you can as soon as you can, and don't sit around crafting until you've done all the progression you can. You can ignore Painful Loss and most of the worldgen structures, at least until you're within sight of the Chroma dimension.

Without Forestry, that may well just crash.
At some point, when messing about in my testing pack with ChC, NEI, and nothing else, I had to spawn in a beehive and pickaxe it in order to get that one research. It worked fine and didn't crash or anything. Just a bit annoying, since it can't be done in survival mode without cheats.

Would be nice if the cross-mod researches and progression could be made completely optional, though...

R

Rossmallo

Sorry, more questions - Specifically, I have ZERO idea how the Transmutation Flame and Item Fabricator work. I've experimented with them in a Creative, Superflat world, and I just can't figure out the function of the flame, or how to make the Fabricator function.

Can anyone help, please?

B

Boldar

Sorry, more questions - Specifically, I have ZERO idea how the Transmutation Flame and Item Fabricator work. I've experimented with them in a Creative, Superflat world, and I just can't figure out the function of the flame, or how to make the Fabricator function.

Can anyone help, please?
I have not used the Flame, but for the fabricator, i just use to place it above my casting table, so it can connect to all colors. You of course need a working line of Crystal Repeaters to the needed Pyloons. Then you place an item in the top right slot to tell the target item. But i have noticed that the items which would be really nice to have, like the plant dusts, cannot be fabricated.

B

Boldar

I have encountered one thing that incredibly annoys me, like the overall biggest problem with the mod: Almost all constructs (like The Casting temple, the Energy focus, the Infusion stand, ritual table, etc...) are symmetric to the center of a block - EXCEPT the Lumen tree, being symmetric to the corner due to having an even diameter. Is it safe to build 4 of them at the 4 corners of my base to maintain Symmetry, or would that fuck up the network due to them drawing from each other? I read somewhere it would be possible to have one-directional repeaters by clicking one side with a manipulator, but that seems to be no longer possible.
In fact how do i even integrate the tree into the Network? Do i just connect it somewhere and the Lumen sinks will use it automatically as source if it has stored power, and only resort to the Pylons if it is empty?
Is there any good way to cut off parts of the network like an fabricator other by blocking line of sight via pistons?
And is it possible somehow to read out stored Lumen from Pylons or the Tree as a redstone signal? That would be a really nice feature. Maybe a new multiblock for that, using 16 runes in combination with comparators around a multi-aura repeater in the middle.

Edit: By the way, the Lumen Tree Seems to not work (the multiblock does not form) if it is on a chunk border. I moved it some blocks and it works now.

Last edited:
B

Boldar

Also, i think i will cheat in purification powder, as there is no reasonable way to get the required Quantities. No automated way, rare as fuck and even breaking it with a Fortune 5 tool sometimes drops nothing. That is absolutely destroying the fun.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
While laying out the repeaters to link my Kuro pylon to my ritual table, I found the fragment for the storage crystal charger. Now that my storage crystal has 64k Kuro lumens, how can I get it out to power the ritual table? ...or does it not work like that and I should just make more repeaters?

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
...ok, great. But I've already moved on from the wooden repeaters. I have a filled storage crystal, and am not sure how to get the power out.

R

Rossmallo

Okay, I've reached the Chroma dimension, and It's utterly amazing, Especially the music.

Except for that little issue about me having no way out. I have zero idea how to get back to the Overworld. I heard it had something to do with the bedrock layer, but I've been digging around for ages and finding nothing. Not even /kill or a long fall can release me.

...Can anyone help? Please?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
...ok, great. But I've already moved on from the wooden repeaters. I have a filled storage crystal, and am not sure how to get the power out.

There are a few blocks that use those storage crystals; the Mineral Extractor among them. But there aren't many.
If you hold Shift in your inventory screen, ChC blocks that use power will display an icon showing how they are powered, whether by the repeater network, the relay system, that atmospheric lumen distributor thingy, or with a storage crystal.

Okay, I've reached the Chroma dimension, and It's utterly amazing, Especially the music.

Except for that little issue about me having no way out. I have zero idea how to get back to the Overworld. I heard it had something to do with the bedrock layer, but I've been digging around for ages and finding nothing. Not even /kill or a long fall can release me.

...Can anyone help? Please?
There's a way to get out, certainly.

You need to go deeper.

Just a little bit deeper...

R

Rossmallo

There are a few blocks that use those storage crystals; the Mineral Extractor among them. But there aren't many.
If you hold Shift in your inventory screen, ChC blocks that use power will display an icon showing how they are powered, whether by the repeater network, the relay system, that atmospheric lumen distributor thingy, or with a storage crystal.

There's a way to get out, certainly.

You need to go deeper.

Just a little bit deeper...

I've been spawning in Nova Cataclysms to clear out the area down at the bedrock layer. I am seeing nothing.

Please be more specific for the desperate Luddite before you.

B

Boldar

I've been spawning in Nova Cataclysms to clear out the area down at the bedrock layer. I am seeing nothing.

Please be more specific for the desperate Luddite before you.
Never been there before due to not finding any Purification powder, but from what i have gathered, there may be things like the World fissures in old Mystcraft - Big rifts reaching down from surface, that can return you by jumping in.

R

Rossmallo

Never been there before due to not finding any Purification powder, but from what i have gathered, there may be things like the World fissures in old Mystcraft - Big rifts reaching down from surface, that can return you by jumping in.

Nope. At the bottom is a layer of Shielding rock, or whatever it's called. Digging down into it reveals a layer of Lifewater, and below that, another layer of Shielding rock, only this layer is unbreakable. Digging around it only leads to bedrock.