Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
In addition to my last posting:
I really just had unluck with my first two oceans, the third one finally had an ocean temple. (was really worried if mariculture's underwater generation would block it).

However I found a weird bug with breaking it's core:
- In survival mode I just couldn't break it at all. It vanished for a split second and then reappeared.
- Even when switching to creative-mode to break it I needed to break it like 10 times before it was registered as "Yes I'm broken now".

I made a copy of the map and went back into the same temple, same result. Not sure if I have just the right mod-combination to break the ocean-temple's core, but I guess it behaves weird for me.
(Sand temple and the near-overground holes are fine, the burrows I still have to find one. So till now it was only this one ocean temple that was bugged)

---

[edit]

- Anyone knows the way of making the 8-minute potions?

edit: Guess NEI got me, saying there is a level 1, 8 minute potion. The manual says there is none. ^^"

Last edited:
C

chipie23

Hi, i have some trouble with chromaticraft, my minecraft keep crashing every time i try to add dragon api and chromaticraft to it (it work completely fine without it), here is the report http://pastebin.com/nbybVxjW, i have triyng some things but it doesn't work, i've seen an old answer about removing the botania api from dragon api but i don't found it so i think it's not there anymore.I love this mod and i really want to have it in my game but i have no more idea of what to do :(

B

Boldar

Can anyone help me with that:
I have hit a wall again. The only Progress currently Open is "Recharge", but i have no idea how to get it.
I suspect it has to do something with powercrystals, but i dont have a fragment for them and new fragments stay blank.
I got Crystal smelting and Lumen Fabrication running, as well as several other things. I Crafted each of the Energized cores, experimented with iridescent chunks and so on, but no luck. I also tried placing Crystals as well as Crystal lamps in several different patterns around a pyloon, That does not help as well.
I have every color connected, and also built and charged a Aru storage Crystal, and built a Energy focus with structure.
I resorted to randomly crafting items from Pylon Casting like the World Rift or Guardian Stone, but that did not help.
Has anyone any advice for me?

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
It looks like something is conflicting with Botania, as Botania is unable to find a specific item. Could you try loading up an instance with just Botania, dragonAPI, and CrC, to see if it is crashing with just the three of them? If it isn't, start adding mods back in until you find which mods are required to cause the error.

C

chipie23

It looks like something is conflicting with Botania, as Botania is unable to find a specific item. Could you try loading up an instance with just Botania, dragonAPI, and CrC, to see if it is crashing with just the three of them? If it isn't, start adding mods back in until you find which mods are required to cause the error.

All the mods work fine together (i play a lot and no problem) i have crash just when i add this mods, if i remove it, it work fine again. it's weird because, like i said, all the mods without dragon api and crhomaticraft work fine, if i have the 2 + botania, it seems to work, so i keep looking why i have the botania error just when it's combined...

Perhaps you need to update Botania? That'd be my first guess.

i already have the last version of botania

Last edited:

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
Just because it's working like this doesn't mean it is specifically the fault of CrC. For example there's an issue with Railcraft that only manifests when paired with ElectriCraft, but can't be fixed other than on the side of Railcraft, or by modifying dragonAPI by redistributing a piece of the buildcraft api. I just loaded up an instance with just dragonAPI, Botania, and CrC, and it didn't crash, so some combination of mods that includes CrC and Botania is bringing this to the surface, but they alone aren't the culprits. Vazkii has made a post on this sort of issue in the past.

C

chipie23

Just because it's working like this doesn't mean it is specifically the fault of CrC. For example there's an issue with Railcraft that only manifests when paired with ElectriCraft, but can't be fixed other than on the side of Railcraft, or by modifying dragonAPI by redistributing a piece of the buildcraft api. I just loaded up an instance with just dragonAPI, Botania, and CrC, and it didn't crash, so some combination of mods that includes CrC and Botania is bringing this to the surface, but they alone aren't the culprits. Vazkii has made a post on this sort of issue in the past.

I know, i have many crash and it's not always what it's look like, so i follow your advice, and after a lot of conflict id showing , the problem seems to be with applied ( version appliedenergistics2-rv3-beta-6), i removed it and it works (i have no sound, but it's another problem)
after a little research with my crah log i found that https://github.com/ReikaKalseki/Reika_Mods_Issues/issues/367 and after the second launch it work for me too, so i guess problem "solved" for now.

Thank you for helping me finding a solution :)

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
A little weird question but:
- Is it ment to be that the ore-harvester tool gets renewed once it's breaks?
(Durability went to 0, got the break-sound but suddenly had a full-durability ore harvester again)

[edit]
Okay, after another 10 blocks or so it vanished, so I guess that was some kind of bug ^^"

In this case I wonder if the durability is correct with this tool.
Using 4 diamonds and 2 emeralds but only holds for like 200 blocks, while a normal diamond pickaxe with silktouch can mine over 1'500 blocks.

Last edited:

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have nearly as many crystal shards as I'd like ( still relatively early game), but instead of going out looking for crystal clusters, or using the plants with a very low chance for a shard, I have decided to breed bees. Because I am an idiot. An idiot trying to power Gendustry blocks with little more than a tree farm and solar panels. Good day sir.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone figures out the new mechanic of rainbow trees spreading an already existing rainbow forest biome?

I tried planting one near it, so that I thought the range of the rainbow tree reaches into the biome, but I'm not sure if you have to plant the rainbow tree at the edge, but 'inside' of the rainbow forest for it to work.

[edit]
And one little bug report:
- The "Lumen Lamp" seems to have changed to rune crafting, but still is put into basic crafting in the book.

Last edited:
R

Rossmallo

Hello, long time lurker, first time poster here. I've been utterly obsessed with this mod, and I just utterly adore it. I just want to say thank you to Reika for creating it. It's finally recaptured the sense of wonder I had when Thaumcraft first hit the scene, before it got complicated enough to become unpleasant to play. So seriously, thank you.
...And I also find it utterly hilarious that I only discovered this mod when I was searching for the old Dye Trees mod. :v

However, as much as I know that this is a bit of a sleazy thing to do as my first post, I need to ask a couple of things in regards to this mod.

First off, where do I actually get Focal Powder? NEI points me in the right direction for all the other various dusts and powders I've needed, but with Focal, no, it's not doing it. I remember getting it from...SOMEWHERE, but I don't recall specifics, and it's getting a bit irksome, as I need some more Repeaters.

Second - Realisticly speaking, how much floor space will I need to build everything I need to? I've had to move fragments of my base around several times to accomodate for structures, and I'd like to plan ahead so I don't need to do it again / set up large Relay chains.

Third - is there any way to safely remove pylons without destroying the blocks? They keep breaking any time I remove them, which is exaserbating the above issue.

And lastly - How severe is the energy consumption when using Multi-Aura repeaters? I have three Pylons clustered VERY close together, but it's a distance of about 400 meters away.

Last edited:

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
In order:

1. Focal powder comes from an ore, look for one with a red centre; spawns in the Overworld and dimensions like Aroma's Mining World.
  2. I don't have exact numbers, but a lot. I'm talking around 31m in both length and width, with plenty of vertical space, as well. Of course, if you pack stuff in tight, you could get that number down, but that's more for comfort than anything.
  3. Short answer: no. Long answer: moving the actual pylons themselves (ie: the glowing orbs) would lead to world corruption because of how ChC caches the locations of known/used pylons. Breaking them disables them and damages the pylon orb. What, exactly, that entails I'm not entirely certain, but I do know that it'll reset the lumen count to 0 once the pylon's restored, so you'll have to wait for it to refill. Also, do not break power crystals or turbochargers on pylons when you get to that point. I know the former isn't explosive, but it can do enough damage to kill you, if you aren't careful, and the latter...don't even wanna think about what that would cause.
  4. The attenuation isn't really the main problem with multi-aura repeaters, the main problem is latency. From what I recall (and Reika, if I'm wrong, please correct me), multi-aura repeaters increase the effective complexity of the lumen network far more than single-colour repeaters. When used sparingly, this isn't a problem, but trying to wire 400m of distance with multi-aura repeaters could cause your world's TPS to tank whenever you draw energy from your network. Trust me, in the long run, single-colour repeaters aren't very expensive to make in mass amounts and can be cleverly built atop/beside one another to minimize the amount of scattered repeaters you have around; just make sure that you've got a line of sight for each of them the whole way back to your base.
One final note: be careful with the wood repeaters. Use them just enough to get the progression, then immediately remove the ones closest to your base. The wood repeaters have a maximum amount of lumens they can transmit over their lifetime and, once its reached, they will detonate and set everything nearby on fire.

R

Rossmallo

*snip*
  1. Short answer: no. Long answer: moving the actual pylons themselves (ie: the glowing orbs) would lead to world corruption because of how ChC caches the locations of known/used pylons. Breaking them disables them and damages the pylon orb. What, exactly, that entails I'm not entirely certain, but I do know that it'll reset the lumen count to 0 once the pylon's restored, so you'll have to wait for it to refill. Also, do not break power crystals or turbochargers on pylons when you get to that point. I know the former isn't explosive, but it can do enough damage to kill you, if you aren't careful, and the latter...don't even wanna think about what that would cause.
Sorry, I was an idiot, and got the terminology messed up. I meant REPEATERS, not Pylons. I found out in the interim Silk Touch works for that.

Though I've hit another issue which, funnily enough, pertains to something you mentioned - I cannot progress past the "Recharge" step in progression. I cannot get more research from fragments, yet I cannot make power crystals despite me having all of the "connected" parts of the progress above it complete, hence, I cannot progress. What can I do?

B

Boldar

Sorry, I was an idiot, and got the terminology messed up. I meant REPEATERS, not Pylons. I found out in the interim Silk Touch works for that.

Though I've hit another issue which, funnily enough, pertains to something you mentioned - I cannot progress past the "Recharge" step in progression. I cannot get more research from fragments, yet I cannot make power crystals despite me having all of the "connected" parts of the progress above it complete, hence, I cannot progress. What can I do?
I have the same problem, and still not found a solution.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Two questions again from me:

Not sure if you should use spoilers for that... so I better use them ^^"

1.) I'm at the point where I should use the first, weak, lumen repeaters.
Trying to figure out the best way to do that without wasting too much time (making liquid chroma still takes so long for me) and ressources on the weak repeater since I already know that you should pretty much only use them for the achievement.
Is the first self-infusion you can do really the only way to achieve that? (sadly don't have the three needed colors near each other so would cost me like a stack of weak repeaters to connect them :( )

2.) Speaking about making liquid chroma:
Is a mob-farm where you kill stuff yourself the best way to do that or is there some kind of way to automate exp-collecting inside Chromaticraft (or maybe rotarycraft)?
Other way I thought of was a zambarau-crystal room... but I don't really like such afk-mechanics. I play to play.

B

Boldar

@Nezraddin
1) I think so. But you dont need to do it in your base. Get to the point where you have the shortedt connections, e.g. just between the three colors. MAYBE it would get you the progress if you only have the first color connected, because i think the condition is "draw power", not complete the infusion. But i am not sure about that, as the Infusion altar is kind of buggy for me.
2) i am not sure about an Chromaticraft solution, but you can make a mob-farm with other mods depending on your pack, for example MFR (remember, you can put glass bottles in the MFR Auto-enchanter to convert the essence from a grinder to on-demand Player XP). A rotarycraft Solution coming to mind would be utilizing the XP of an heated furnace smelting ores generated with the boring machine. If you have Openblocks you can even collect it automatically using a vacuum hopper.

@Rossmallo
Like i said, i have the same problem. I think i found the bug, and will post it here and in the Github if i can verify it.

Edit: It still is a problem if forestry is not installed. See https://github.com/ReikaKalseki/Reika_Mods_Issues/issues/1230

Last edited:

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
@Boldar

I made the pack myself. Pretty much without any "Easy solution"-mods (open blocks I have for the sleeping back, so thank you for reminding me about the vacuum hopper!). Cause I know that I would use these solution... and then get bored cause of them too fast *smirks*
Guess I need to test a few ways and see which one is the one I like doing. Liquid Chroma just is needed alot, now that I noticed about the alloys you can make in it.

And thanks for the hint about "draw power", hope it works this way. *crosses fingers*

I'm still wondering, if the Zambarau-Pendant works for extra exp with the Zambarau-Crystals... or only for exp-orbs. (so hard to see differences by just watching the exp-bar)

B

Boldar

@Boldar
I'm still wondering, if the Zambarau-Pendant works for extra exp with the Zambarau-Crystals... or only for exp-orbs. (so hard to see differences by just watching the exp-bar)
I think it only boosts the mob xp drop, not the xp amount in an xp orb in general, otherwise you could generate XP by cycling it through the player.