Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

D

Delustamire

Ok I've been pulling my hair out trying to create boosted shards thinking it will unlock progression that I'm stuck at. I've tried 24 berries in liquid chroma with shards of matching color and left it for several hours with no results, and mismatched colors based on a reply to this thread which also resulted in nothing, so what could I possibly be doing wrong? I'm playing Modular Mayhem if that helps but everything I've seen or read says I'm doing it right.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Ok I've been pulling my hair out trying to create boosted shards thinking it will unlock progression that I'm stuck at. I've tried 24 berries in liquid chroma with shards of matching color and left it for several hours with no results, and mismatched colors based on a reply to this thread which also resulted in nothing, so what could I possibly be doing wrong? I'm playing Modular Mayhem if that helps but everything I've seen or read says I'm doing it right.
You probably lack the progression to make such shards.

D

Delustamire

You probably lack the progression to make such shards.

Is there anyway you could tell me what it's gated behind? I've killed both the dragon and the wither, so I'm not sure how to progress much further than in the mod alone. I've crafted numerous things from the mod and upgraded to the casting temple. I've gotten the first 3 rows of the progression in the progression tab and most of the fourth row. so I really don't know what else I could possibly do to unlock more progression.

D

Delustamire

Is there anyway you could tell me what it's gated behind? I've killed both the dragon and the wither, so I'm not sure how to progress much further than in the mod alone. I've crafted numerous things from the mod and upgraded to the casting temple. I've gotten the first 3 rows of the progression in the progression tab and most of the fourth row. so I really don't know what else I could possibly do to unlock more progression.

Ok so I solved the issue. I tried making the boosted shards again but moved the liquid chroma to a different place and then suddenly it worked after about 5 minutes. It was not an issue of not progressing far enough to create them as you said.

D

Delustamire

Yes it was.

I don't see how it could have been a progression issue seeing as how I successfully crafted the boosted shards without gaining any progression since my first post. I had gained no visible progression between my initial post and trying it about 10 blocks from where I tried it initially. So unless it was invisible (behind the scenes) progression I'm not sure how it could have been a progression issue.

B

Boldar

I am trying to get the "A... less than honorable attempt", as that seem to gate me for repeaters.
I explored several GB worth of map now, and a vast amount of villages, but cannot find what i am looking for.
Am i correct with my assumption i need to look in Vanilla villages in the Overworld?
How rare are they? Does someone have a Screenshot of what i am looking for?
Edit: Nevermind. Just now i found one. For anyone running into the same problem:
You are looking for something that vaguely resemlbes a casting room like the one you built yourself.
There was a sign next to it, but it bugged and popped up as soon as i came nearer. I wonder what the text should have been.

Last edited:

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
....huh. So I was setting up a useless machine to afk farm experience to turn into liquid chroma. I set up a RoC pump, steam engine, friction heater and the required shafts and junctions to make it all self sustaining, with a CC heat lamp to make the steam. Just smelting an endless stream of cobble for some passive gains. Somewhere along the lines though, I somehow magically has 212 levels. Before setting it up, I had less than 10, probably 0, and the total time to set up was less than five minutes. There's no way I generated that much exp in that time. I wasn't paying attention to my levels at the time, so I don't know exactly when I got a massive exp boost, but now I'm going to make a lake of chroma.

Reactions: Lethosos
M

MrNuke

How to use applied hotbars ability? I infused myself, i activated it, i tried to bind myself to my me network with manipulator, but nothing happens.
Please help me

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Heya *waves*

- Is anything know if mariculture's or et futurum's underwater-generation blocks chromaticrafts ocean temples?

I scanned pretty much two entire ocean/deep'ocean biomes now with nightvision (so quiet a huge area) and didn't find any sign of a ocean temple. So wondering now if I just have bad luck, or one of the other underwater-generation mods are blocking their spawning :/

B

Boldar

I have hit a wall again. The only Progress currently Open is "Recharge", but i have no idea how to get it.
I suspect it has to do something with powercrystals, but i dont have a fragment for them and new fragments stay blank.
I got Crystal smelting and Lumen Fabrication running, as well as several other things. I Crafted each of the Energized cores, experimented with iridescent chunks and so on, but no luck. I also tried placing Crystals as well as Crystal lamps in several different patterns around a pyloon, That does not help as well.
I have every color connected, and also built and charged a Aru storage Crystal, and built a Energy focus with structure.
I resorted to randomly crafting items from Pylon Casting like the World Rift or Guardian Stone, but that did not help.
Has anyone any advice for me?

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
You're on the right track, Recharge does, as far as I remember, require that you make power crystals and put em on a pylon. I believe that the crystals need iridescent crystal chunks to be made, so you might need to make some if you haven't, already.

B

Boldar

I have made several iridescent Crystals as well as Iridescent Chunks.

Edit: I suspect i need to Step to the "Endgame" stage, but have no idea what triggers that.

Last edited:

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
I have made several iridescent Crystals as well as Iridescent Chunks.

Edit: I suspect i need to Step to the "Endgame" stage, but have no idea what triggers that.

I think you have to upgrade your casting structure to level 4 (The one surrounded with repeaters).

M

MrNuke

I still cant figure out how this applied hotbars ability work, could anyone explain how i can make it to work?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I still cant figure out how this applied hotbars ability work, could anyone explain how i can make it to work?
Have you gotten any other abilities to work?

If so, disregard the following. I have not messed with that ability in particular, and thus cannot give any advice.

If not, then you may not have even activated it.

When you first give yourself an ability in ChC, it is turned off by default. You can press a certain key (the middle mouse button, by default) to open a GUI in which you can choose what ability you want to activate. Scroll to scroll through the list of abilities until you find the one you want (the ones that you have not given yourself yet are grayed out), and press Enter (I think? It's been a while) to activate it.

Some abilities, such as Surge Protection and Matter Phase, run continuously. If you don't need them active and don't want to waste lumens (such as if you're taking a long trip to a dimension with no pylons), you can turn these abilities off the same way you turned them on.

Other abilities, such as Bolt of Power and Skystrike, just fire once. Activate the ability as describes above, and you'll get an immediate effect. Do it again, and it fires again.

Of these, a few, including Bolt of Power, allow you to choose how much lumen energy you want to put into the effect and how much effect you get out of it. Once you've selected one of these abilities, you can scroll while holding your Shift key to charge it up. When you press Enter, you'll get a bigger boom.

M

MrNuke

Thank you for your tutorial, but i already know that. Yesterday i just finished progression in chromaticraft, and got all pages in the book. But there are two abilities that i cannot make them to work.

- Applied hotbars (i infuse myself in enhanced ritual altar, i activate ability, then i tried to bind myself with me-system with right clicking with manipulator everywhere on me network) - but nothing happens

- Fabrication duplication ability ( i infuse myself in enhanced ritual altar, i activate ability) - and nothing is duplicated no matter what table i craft in

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Thank you for your tutorial, but i already know that. Yesterday i just finished progression in chromaticraft, and got all pages in the book. But there are two abilities that i cannot make them to work.

- Applied hotbars (i infuse myself in enhanced ritual altar, i activate ability, then i tried to bind myself with me-system with right clicking with manipulator everywhere on me network) - but nothing happens

- Fabrication duplication ability ( i infuse myself in enhanced ritual altar, i activate ability) - and nothing is duplicated no matter what table i craft in
Yeah, I dunno. My testworld didn't have AE2 in it, so that one's out of the question (although maybe it's like the wireless terminal you need a security station on your network); and I never got Fabrication Duplication to work either. I think I just figured I was doing it wrong, and never bothered to figure out why.