Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
I think it only boosts the mob xp drop, not the xp amount in an xp orb in general, otherwise you could generate XP by cycling it through the player.

Considering there are so many preventions against exploits (which I love about Reika's mods :) ) I guess it makes sense. Well back to the mob-spawn idea. Still fighting with the idea of using diamond-dollies for getting spawners. They're so tempting but so easy to use :(

mathwiz617

Apr 29, 2015
Considering there are so many preventions against exploits (which I love about Reika's mods :) ) I guess it makes sense. Well back to the mob-spawn idea. Still fighting with the idea of using diamond-dollies for getting spawners. They're so tempting but so easy to use :(
If you want to use something harder to get, tech up to a bedrock pickaxe. Hard to obtain, easy to use.

If you want harder to use, but easier to get, try taking a boring machine and using it to harvest the blaze spawner in a desert burrow.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to use something harder to get, tech up to a bedrock pickaxe. Hard to obtain, easy to use.

If you want harder to use, but easier to get, try taking a boring machine and using it to harvest the blaze spawner in a desert burrow.

Thanks for the hints :)

Bedrock items are still a very lategame goal for me. (I know you actually don't have to be lategame for them, just need patience... but I still want to use harder to get items - in terms of that you need to enchant them yourself and repair them and such things - first before I use bedrock *laughs*).

The boring machine I thought about, I just don't have a clue how much strength you need to break a spawner (like which "hardness" it has). But I guess I will go for the boring machine once I have this better generator, the one I forgot it's name but which uses ethanol and gunpowder to run better. Then I will see if that's strong enough. *nod nod*

And I noticed something amazing about the lumen-turrets (it finally got one of these creeper that tried to sneak up on me! *chuckles victorious*):
It seems mobs killed by the lumen turret only drops exp-orbs and no items. If that is actually an intended behaviour (and not a bug) I guess that combined with a spawner and vacuum hopper will make a nice exp-farm. (unless I find a rotarycraft or even chromaticraft block which is meant to collect exp-orbs, then I would use that instead of the hopper)

[edit]
And the answer is "Item Vacuum" from rotarycraft... but need to look at this. I think I saw a video that it has a huge range even with very little power. (I totally love how you can combine Reika's mods. Like the heatlamp from Chromaticraft for rotarycraft, love it! *cheers*)

Last edited:
R

Rossmallo

Update on my Recharge problem...I seeked out all of the hidden things. I now have one of each of the unique fragments. NOTHING other than Painful Loss and Recharge are locked now. Still not working.

EDIT: Well, someone showed me how to use the debug thing, and in the resulting text, i read this:

"Missing research for PYLONCRAFT: [DEATHPROOF, BEEALYZE]"

...I don't have Forestry installed.

I can see this being a rather colossal problem.

Last edited:

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Update on my Recharge problem...I seeked out all of the hidden things. I now have one of each of the unique fragments. NOTHING other than Painful Loss and Recharge are locked now. Still not working.

Have you tried to craft every item at least once?
I'm not sure how up-to-date this information is, but in an old reddit Reika said that crafting some items unlocks some hidden flags.

R

Rossmallo

Have you tried to craft every item at least once?
I'm not sure how up-to-date this information is, but in an old reddit Reika said that crafting some items unlocks some hidden flags.
I really hope it doesn't come to that, as that's going to be a rather immense chore and extremely counterintuitive. That being said, in an edit in my last post, I've discovered I'm missing some sort of flag for a Bee Analyzer or something, from Forestry. Which I do not have.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
I know that with forestry you have some crystal-hives and bees. But usually the cross-mod things shouldn't be in the way of chromaticraft's own path. So I don't really think that should be in the way.

Ah saw the edit with the error-message too late... well that would be a bug then I guess, if the forestry path conflicts with the normal one :/

R

Rossmallo

I know that with forestry you have some crystal-hives and bees. But usually the cross-mod things shouldn't be in the way of chromaticraft's own path. So I don't really think that should be in the way.

Ah saw the edit with the error-message too late... well that would be a bug then I guess, if the forestry path conflicts with the normal one :/

Yep. So what can I do to circumvent this without screwing things up?

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Yep. So what can I do to circumvent this without screwing things up?

I fear that's probably something Reika himself has to look at. So probably start a conversation here in forum with him would help clear up if that's really a bug with progression.

[edit]
Sadly I'm still pretty much early/middle game with chromaticraft (122 pages so far in the book and starting in direction of actually using Pylons). So cannot see yet if it works when you have forestry installed :/

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
If memory serves, the bee progression should be non-gating, but all you should need to do is spawn a crystal hive in with NEI, then place and break it; that should give you the requisite progression. I am all but completely certain that Painful Loss is non-gating, unless I missed something in the recent changes circa v16c/d.

As far as moving repeaters, shift-right-click with the manipulator. Note that the repeaters will not stack once placed.

When it comes to the transmission progression (w/ the weak repeaters), you don't need to worry about actually getting Pylon Surge Protection. Just transmitting a single colour across the primitive lumen network should be enough to get the progression step required to make better (read: non-exploding) crystal repeaters. After that, then you can get the achievement for binding an ability to yourself and activating it.

Lastly, a note about abilities: there are several without active lumen costs. Pylon Surge Protection is chief amonst them; leave it on at all times. The cost for the ability is only taken when you activate the ability, so toggling it is not only unnecessary, it is a complete waste of perfectly good personal lumen storage that you could use to strike your foes down with lightning or something.

Reactions: Rossmallo

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
It's late so not thinking clearly and probably missing something. Is there a way to store lumen energy from a pylon, transport it, and use it in a ritual later? I need Kuro for Surge Protection, and the closest pylon for it is ~500 blocks away, behind two mountains. I see the Nula energy crystal thing, but no way to charge it that I can see right now.

B

Boldar

@Rossmallo
Like i said, i have the same problem. I think i found the bug, and will post it here and in the Github if i can verify it.

Edit: It still is a problem if forestry is not installed. See https://github.com/ReikaKalseki/Reika_Mods_Issues/issues/1230

Like i said already. Looking at the source it seems the progression does not gate, but the fragment does gate progression.
Just use /chromaprog progress HIVE true to grant you the progression, then you can get the fragment and advance to ENDGAME, and that enables new progression.

Edit:
Is there any way at all to get Purification Powder? I set up a boring machine powered by a dedicated nuclear reactor just for that, and althought it runs as fast as my ME can retrieve the items, it has not yielded a single Purification powder. Is that intended?
And why on Earth is the Fabricator so useless for the items you really need? If i cannot find a good way in getting it, i think i will resort to cheating it in or making an minetweaker recipe for it, as i have absolutely no intention to go scavenging in caves for hours searching for a stupidly rare plant.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rossmallo

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
The rock flowers spawn somewhat infrequently, so your bore may just not be having any luck. I suggest either go caving or ravine hunting with a high-level fortune pickaxe. Fortune boosts their drops a LOT; just a handful of rock flowers can get you a few stacks of the dust if you use Fortune V, which is achievable thru the Chromatic Enchanter.

As for storing pylon power, the crystals only work in select devices and, if memory serves, you can only charge them once you've gotten to the good repeaters. Repeaters are the ONLY way of transporting pylon power for use in things like the high-end crafting altar and the ritual table.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
So for the rock-flowers you use a fortune-pickaxe?
Good to know, cause I always wondered in the past that the overground flowers all need a looting sword to drop more (fortune didn't help anything). Unless that was changed in a later version or is in general a "Everything overground -> looting, everything underground -> fortune" thing.

R

Rossmallo

If memory serves, the bee progression should be non-gating, but all you should need to do is spawn a crystal hive in with NEI, then place and break it; that should give you the requisite progression. I am all but completely certain that Painful Loss is non-gating, unless I missed something in the recent changes circa v16c/d.

As far as moving repeaters, shift-right-click with the manipulator. Note that the repeaters will not stack once placed.

When it comes to the transmission progression (w/ the weak repeaters), you don't need to worry about actually getting Pylon Surge Protection. Just transmitting a single colour across the primitive lumen network should be enough to get the progression step required to make better (read: non-exploding) crystal repeaters. After that, then you can get the achievement for binding an ability to yourself and activating it.

Lastly, a note about abilities: there are several without active lumen costs. Pylon Surge Protection is chief amonst them; leave it on at all times. The cost for the ability is only taken when you activate the ability, so toggling it is not only unnecessary, it is a complete waste of perfectly good personal lumen storage that you could use to strike your foes down with lightning or something.

This didn't work, unfortunately. I thought it did, but it just unlocked Genetic Insight, but nothing else.

Also, I can't seem to actually die in a way that triggers Painful Loss. I eventually flagged the DIE part via commands, and Painful Loss is unlocked. STILL NOTHING.

Last edited:

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I'm aware, any ChC plant you can't pick up in its whole form with shears is affected by either fortune or looting...might be both, I haven't tested it. Fortune works for a lot of the ores, too. The fused crystals, not so much, but I've noticed that it does help with them, too. When it comes to things like nature vines, luma lotuses, and the various flowers in the ender forests, pick them up with shears and put them thru a RoC grinder; instead of one dust per plant, you get three. Plus, if you're clever, there are ways to farm those plants, but I'll leave that to your imagination. ;)

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
I've unlocked the crystal repeaters already, I'd just rather not need to plow through two mountains unless I really need to, heh.

I should look into more fragments as well, I think I still have more I can use before they stop unlocking again.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not 100% certain, but you could try building a lumen beacon pair, though I think their minimum operational distance is ~500m, and they have to be lined up just right, and lumens go into and come out from the bottom of the structure, lined up with the multi-aura repeater block. Also, I think its got somewhat high attenuation, even compared to multi-aura repeaters, but they can save you from having to tunnel thru mountains for those particularly distant pylons. Just keep in mind that the beacon blocks, themselves, have to be on exactly the same Y level and either the same X or Z coordinate as one another and there can be no obstructions between them.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I'm aware, any ChC plant you can't pick up in its whole form with shears is affected by either fortune or looting...might be both, I haven't tested it. Fortune works for a lot of the ores, too. The fused crystals, not so much, but I've noticed that it does help with them, too. When it comes to things like nature vines, luma lotuses, and the various flowers in the ender forests, pick them up with shears and put them thru a RoC grinder; instead of one dust per plant, you get three. Plus, if you're clever, there are ways to farm those plants, but I'll leave that to your imagination. ;)

Ah, good to know that you can use shears on some. I guess I tried using them on the ones that don't work with shears and then decided that all Chromaticraft plants cannot be sheared, heh. Need to test that out.

And now I totally have to test out of they have some sort of natural spreading or so, for farming I mean. I always thought every plant exists exactly once and you have to go away for longer distances if you need more ^^"