Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

protokardas93

Jul 29, 2019
Three questions:
First, how do you unlock the recharge thingy in the progression tab. I know it has something to do with a Power Crystal, which I've crafted 2 of so far and placed on pylons. Do I have to completely max out a pylon with 8 power crystals to unlock it?

Second, how do they energy storage crystals work? I mean, I know how to store lumens in them, but how do you discharge lumans from them? Can the feed casting tables? Do they serve has batteries for you're abilities?

Third: What progression tab is necessary to unlock the Luminescent Battery knowledge? I have the luman tree research unlocked, but not he block needed to complete the multi-block structure. Info fragments are coming up as blank.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Three questions:
First, how do you unlock the recharge thingy in the progression tab. I know it has something to do with a Power Crystal, which I've crafted 2 of so far and placed on pylons. Do I have to completely max out a pylon with 8 power crystals to unlock it?
Yes.

Second, how do they energy storage crystals work? I mean, I know how to store lumens in them, but how do you discharge lumans from them? Can the feed casting tables? Do they serve has batteries for you're abilities?
No, they are used to power "mobile" machines like the Teleportation Pump.

Third: What progression tab is necessary to unlock the Luminescent Battery knowledge? I have the luman tree research unlocked, but not he block needed to complete the multi-block structure. Info fragments are coming up as blank.
Have you lost it?

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
Hey. I'm getting a crash (crash report) when trying to use Chromaticraft with the newest versions of Thermal Foundation (1.2.0-102) and Forge 10.13.4.1448. If I pull Chromaticraft or Thermal Foundation from the mods folder, it loads fine, but the two combined causes the crash. Given I've only got Thermal Foundation for Open Modular Turrets, I'm just going to pull Thermal Foundation for now, I suppose (huh...Open Modular Turrets doesn't require Thermal Foundation any more. Definitely dropping Thermal Foundation). I'm guessing it probably has something to do with the new Forge fluid changes and putting Resonant Ender in Ender Forests, but I'm not sure of that.

Anyway, just thought I'd point it out and see if anyone knew of an easy fix (other than changing Forge versions, anyway.)

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Hey. I'm getting a crash (crash report) when trying to use Chromaticraft with the newest versions of Thermal Foundation (1.2.0-102) and Forge 10.13.4.1448. If I pull Chromaticraft or Thermal Foundation from the mods folder, it loads fine, but the two combined causes the crash. Given I've only got Thermal Foundation for Open Modular Turrets, I'm just going to pull Thermal Foundation for now, I suppose (huh...Open Modular Turrets doesn't require Thermal Foundation any more. Definitely dropping Thermal Foundation). I'm guessing it probably has something to do with the new Forge fluid changes and putting Resonant Ender in Ender Forests, but I'm not sure of that.

Anyway, just thought I'd point it out and see if anyone knew of an easy fix (other than changing Forge versions, anyway.)
Someone else has also reported this. The thing is, for me at least, the stacktrace implies something has gone very, very wrong deep in Forge.

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I'm not exactly well-versed in reading crash reports beyond the most superficial level. However, the only interaction between Chromaticraft and Thermal Foundation that I know of that doesn't also occur between Chromaticraft/Thermal Foundation and other mods (and has to do with fluid handling) is replacing the Liquid Ender Essence in Ender Forests with Resonant Ender (obviously you'd know better than I would, though...I've not been able to make much headway with Chromaticraft.)

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Well, I'm not exactly well-versed in reading crash reports beyond the most superficial level. However, the only interaction between Chromaticraft and Thermal Foundation that I know of that doesn't also occur between Chromaticraft/Thermal Foundation and other mods (and has to do with fluid handling) is replacing the Liquid Ender Essence in Ender Forests with Resonant Ender (obviously you'd know better than I would, though...I've not been able to make much headway with Chromaticraft.)
The line of code throwing the NPE is fluidRegistry.get(fluid). Unless the FluidRegistry itself is null, this should be impossible.

That said, I do remember seeing this for a short while back in 1.6.4 (and getting people saying I was the cause). It spontaneously resolved itself without any action from me.

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
My old Thaumcraft/Rotarycraft world has finally become unplayable due to lag, so time to start a new one with some new mods (Hint: ChromatiCraft)!

So far I've found around 10 different colours of pylons, though I understand CC is a mid-to-endgame mod, so I haven't been doing anything with them beyond making waypoints for them on the minimap.

Anyway, my first impressions for CC is that it's a very pretty mod. The pylons and the shader you get when you get too close to them are both beautiful. Can't wait until I'm established enough to actually do stuff!

Last edited:

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
My old Thaumcraft/Rotarycraft world has finally become unplayable due to lag, so time to start a new one with some new mods (Hint: ChromatiCraft)!

So far I've found around 10 different colours of pylons, though I understand CC is a mid-to-endgame mod, so I haven't been doing anything with them beyond making waypoints for them on the minimap.

Anyway, my first impressions for CC is that it's a very pretty mod. The pylons and the shader you get when you get too close to them are both beautiful. Can't wait until I'm established enough to actually do stuff!
Jumping down the chromaticraft rabbit hole is such a pretty and over powered trip. But rightfully overpowered. You have to work for what you want.

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
Wow this threads been quiet for a little while. Must be nice for ya Reika, not having another thread yelling how something broke.

But in other news this is my first attempt at writing a turtle program to place repeaters. It places repeaters when crystalline stone is placed in the first two slots, the rune for which pylon you are using in the third, and the crystal repeater in the forth. It doesn't accept any arguments to define easily how far to go straight, which way to turn, then how long to go straight again, but that could be changed.

Right now you have to go to the bottom of the program and change the for loops for the number of chunks you want the turtle to travel.

pastebin.com.ZUEnVvgj

Hope this inspires others to share or create some scripts of their own!

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Wow this threads been quiet for a little while. Must be nice for ya Reika, not having another thread yelling how something broke.

But in other news this is my first attempt at writing a turtle program to place repeaters. It places repeaters when crystalline stone is placed in the first two slots, the rune for which pylon you are using in the third, and the crystal repeater in the forth. It doesn't accept any arguments to define easily how far to go straight, which way to turn, then how long to go straight again, but that could be changed.

Right now you have to go to the bottom of the program and change the for loops for the number of chunks you want the turtle to travel.

pastebin.com.ZUEnVvgj

Hope this inspires others to share or create some scripts of their own!
Is it placing the actual blocks? If so, kiss your world goodbye.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. Reika's tile entities are well known for being temperamental with fake players and artificial placement.
Reika should either add support for it, or make the crystals inert not registering to a network and safe when placed by fake players.
But both of those instances are probably easier said than done.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

SourC00lguy

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. Reika's tile entities are well known for being temperamental with fake players and artificial placement.
Reika should either add support for it, or make the crystals inert not registering to a network and safe when placed by fake players.
But both of those instances are probably easier said than done.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Easier said then done I'm sure, that's why it hasn't happen yet.