Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

Praetor_Mooneth

Jul 29, 2019
I did some testing today. The crystal tanks are technically working. But, walia shows them as empty and no liquid is visible in the tank itself. However, my trusty angular transducer gives me an accurate reading on the tank's contents. I guess I'll just plod on until the answer is discovered.

Praetor_Mooneth

Jul 29, 2019
I did some testing today. The crystal tanks are technically working. But, walia shows them as empty and no liquid is visible in the tank itself. However, my trusty angular transducer gives me an accurate reading on the tank's contents. I guess I'll just plod on until the answer is discovered.
I re downloaded all the relevant mods. And its all ok again. I must have been too hasty with the last update.
Sorry for the redundant posts. Thanks anyway
They are working fine for me.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
I have an issue with Cromaticraft, when I click the bottom right tab on the handbook, it goes to a page that just says "Missing Texture" twice. I'll see if I can grab a screenshot when I get home.

And not sure if it's related, but it's a texture issue, when I eat, the wrong particles are displayed. A carrot shows florescent freen blobs when I eat it.

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
I have an issue with Cromaticraft, when I click the bottom right tab on the handbook, it goes to a page that just says "Missing Texture" twice. I'll see if I can grab a screenshot when I get home.

And not sure if it's related, but it's a texture issue, when I eat, the wrong particles are displayed. A carrot shows florescent freen blobs when I eat it.
Freen: it's good for you!

On subject, I get the same thing with food but I've always just ignored it since the mod in general has priority for me and it's such a minor graphical glitch that I just didn't wanna bother Reika with it, haha.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Freen: it's good for you!

On subject, I get the same thing with food but I've always just ignored it since the mod in general has priority for me and it's such a minor graphical glitch that I just didn't wanna bother Reika with it, haha.
So the food thing is a Cromaticraft thing then, good to know. It doesn't bother me, I just figured if I was already reporting something, I may as well. Some of them are actually cool, I forget what food it was, but it spawned the bookshelf/enchanting table particles.

What's the third tab on the right of the handbook supposed to be? I'm assuming "Missing Texture" isn't intended.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
So the food thing is a Cromaticraft thing then, good to know. It doesn't bother me, I just figured if I was already reporting something, I may as well. Some of them are actually cool, I forget what food it was, but it spawned the bookshelf/enchanting table particles.

What's the third tab on the right of the handbook supposed to be? I'm assuming "Missing Texture" isn't intended.
It is unimplemented.

As for the food particles, try without CC and see if it really is. I find it unlikely.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
I'll check when I get home. I'm not sure it's related, but they seemed similar enough to report at once.

As for the food particles, try without CC and see if it really is. I find it unlikely.

Alright, I started a new single player world without CC, ate a carrot, and got the normal carrot particles. It seems like it's related to CC then. It's not a big enough issue to actually worry about, but it's there.

Last edited:

CheshireKatt

Jul 29, 2019
Something odd is going on with ChromatiCraft for me -- specifically, the interaction between ChromatiCraft pylon blasts and Bound Armor. If I'm wearing Bound Armor (a full suit, specifically, each piece socketed with an attuned Master Blood Orb, a Demon Blood Shard, a sigil, and a Sanguine armor piece), getting a single hit from a pylon blast kills me, at full health, in full Bound Armor. Upon retrieving my gear, I find that all four pieces of my Bound Armor are now at -7018/1000 durability. Putting a piece on drains the appropriate amount of LP to fix the armor (which ended up being around 600k LP or so, for my helmet, and if I don't have enough it pulls it from my health, so it can just mean I eat four more deaths fixing my armor -- it seems to be all or nothing, the first piece drained a lot of LP, the second, third, and fourth just killed me and left it alone). I've been shot plenty by pylons prior to making my Bound Armor and would take damage normally.

I'm using ChromatiCraft V7c, DragonAPI V7d, and Blood Magic 1.3.3-4 (among many other mods, can list on request but want to keep this post concise for now). I currently have a tier 4 Blood Altar set up, with the 1 million LP soul network capped out at the time of my obliteration.

I've done a little research and there's a post about what looks like this issue that Reika replied to back on page 44 (link), but that said it was fixed back in V4. V4's patch notes have a line of "ChromatiCraft: Made getting hit by a pylon partially drain the Blood Magic Soul Network", but I'm assuming that "partially drain" doesn't mean "drain ~2.4 million LP and kill you five times if you're wearing a full suit as you try to reset your armor". So I'm not sure if this is necessarily the same issue, for all that it looks like it to me.

Any thoughts on what's going on, or any additional information needed on my selection of mods? (I've just noticed that ChromatiCraft V7e is out -- the patch notes don't suggest it'll affect this, but I'll give it a look.)

Edit: corrected what putting on the massively damaged pieces actually does based on if I have enough LP in my network to fix it or not.

Last edited:

ReignOfMagic

Jul 29, 2019
So quick question, how does the elemental farmer work? The book doesn't tell me how to use it since my book is bugged if you remember, and I have been able to find no information in regards to it.

Additionally the fans from rotarycraft seem to have an extremely low chance to drop anything with the crystal plants (tested with an accelerated lamp of growth and some plants) and the fan collected 4 crystal shards from a batch of 80 plants after a few minutes with the accelerated lamp. Is this intended?

Mattasdqwe

Jul 29, 2019
So quick question, how does the elemental farmer work? The book doesn't tell me how to use it since my book is bugged if you remember, and I have been able to find no information in regards to it.

Additionally the fans from rotarycraft seem to have an extremely low chance to drop anything with the crystal plants (tested with an accelerated lamp of growth and some plants) and the fan collected 4 crystal shards from a batch of 80 plants after a few minutes with the accelerated lamp. Is this intended?
Shards have an extremely low chance of dropping, so 4 shards in a few minutes is going pretty well.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
It has a fan-shaped area it can harvest. Use relays to power it.

Yes.

Something odd is going on with ChromatiCraft for me -- specifically, the interaction between ChromatiCraft pylon blasts and Bound Armor. If I'm wearing Bound Armor (a full suit, specifically, each piece socketed with an attuned Master Blood Orb, a Demon Blood Shard, a sigil, and a Sanguine armor piece), getting a single hit from a pylon blast kills me, at full health, in full Bound Armor. Upon retrieving my gear, I find that all four pieces of my Bound Armor are now at -7018/1000 durability. Putting a piece on drains the appropriate amount of LP to fix the armor (which ended up being around 600k LP or so, for my helmet, and if I don't have enough it pulls it from my health, so it can just mean I eat four more deaths fixing my armor -- it seems to be all or nothing, the first piece drained a lot of LP, the second, third, and fourth just killed me and left it alone). I've been shot plenty by pylons prior to making my Bound Armor and would take damage normally.

I'm using ChromatiCraft V7c, DragonAPI V7d, and Blood Magic 1.3.3-4 (among many other mods, can list on request but want to keep this post concise for now). I currently have a tier 4 Blood Altar set up, with the 1 million LP soul network capped out at the time of my obliteration.

I've done a little research and there's a post about what looks like this issue that Reika replied to back on page 44 (link), but that said it was fixed back in V4. V4's patch notes have a line of "ChromatiCraft: Made getting hit by a pylon partially drain the Blood Magic Soul Network", but I'm assuming that "partially drain" doesn't mean "drain ~2.4 million LP and kill you five times if you're wearing a full suit as you try to reset your armor". So I'm not sure if this is necessarily the same issue, for all that it looks like it to me.

Any thoughts on what's going on, or any additional information needed on my selection of mods? (I've just noticed that ChromatiCraft V7e is out -- the patch notes don't suggest it'll affect this, but I'll give it a look.)

Edit: corrected what putting on the massively damaged pieces actually does based on if I have enough LP in my network to fix it or not.
Pylons specifically drain extra on LP, but they call code that is not supposed to "spill over" into actual damage.

CheshireKatt

Jul 29, 2019
Pylons specifically drain extra on LP, but they call code that is not supposed to "spill over" into actual damage.
Gotcha. Should I assume from your wording that the code you're calling is part of Blood Magic and so I should try to get this information to WayofTime for a solution on his end? Any idea why if they're draining my LP the armor itself is taking damage (I realize this question is probably something to do with Blood Magic internals, so I understand if that's not something you can answer)?

Is there anything you'd recommend for me to mitigate this until I'm progressed enough in ChromatiCraft to become immune to pylons short of "don't wear Bound Armor near pylons"?

Also, is there lore somewhere for me to discover about why pylons and the soul network don't play nice, or is it a more fundamental "full Bound Armor breaks part of ChromatiCraft so a deterrent was needed to not break progression"?

Regardless, thanks for the info!

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Gotcha. Should I assume from your wording that the code you're calling is part of Blood Magic and so I should try to get this information to WayofTime for a solution on his end? Any idea why if they're draining my LP the armor itself is taking damage (I realize this question is probably something to do with Blood Magic internals, so I understand if that's not something you can answer)?

Is there anything you'd recommend for me to mitigate this until I'm progressed enough in ChromatiCraft to become immune to pylons short of "don't wear Bound Armor near pylons"?

Also, is there lore somewhere for me to discover about why pylons and the soul network don't play nice, or is it a more fundamental "full Bound Armor breaks part of ChromatiCraft so a deterrent was needed to not break progression"?

Regardless, thanks for the info!
You can ask him if you wish, yes.

And yes, this is a deterrent.

CheshireKatt

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I'll see if that gets me anywhere. Time to prepare an alternate armor set for exploration and save the bound armor for targeted monster bullying. :) Thanks for the info!

Plasmasnake

Jul 29, 2019
In the config files, what does "Auxiliary Fragment Acquisition" do when changed to true? Also, what effect does increasing the number of "Chest Generation Tier" have --- specifically, do higher numbers mean more info fragments?

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
In the config files, what does "Auxiliary Fragment Acquisition" do when changed to true?
It makes getting certain progress elements also give the associated fragments, reducing the number you need to find.

Also, what effect does increasing the number of "Chest Generation Tier" have --- specifically, do higher numbers mean more info fragments?
No. Each item is registered with a given level - usually from 0 to 4 - and only things whose tier is below or equal to the config setting can generate. It is a way of reducing the value of dungeon loot.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
I'm guessing it's a progression thing so I'm not calling bug just yet, but in the Thauminomicon for the CC wand caps, the entire description is "#NULL". I've done basically nothing with CC at this point so I don't know if it will unlock at some point, but I can basically make wand caps without knowing what they do now.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I'm guessing it's a progression thing so I'm not calling bug just yet, but in the Thauminomicon for the CC wand caps, the entire description is "#NULL". I've done basically nothing with CC at this point so I don't know if it will unlock at some point, but I can basically make wand caps without knowing what they do now.
That just means I have not written text yet.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, wasn't sure if it was that or just the Thauminomicon not liking the the scrambled text like on the crystals, leaves, etc. No worries then.