Camp Mythology RP

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Nah, don't dupe the thread somewhere else, especially in a RP forum. Those guys can be really serious, and none of us will post there anyway.

Camp Mythology...
But I do still need to look for one of its kind there before I post anything redundant.[DOUBLEPOST=1373906540][/DOUBLEPOST]Anywho...
IC:
Welcome, campers, to Camp Mythology! I am Percy and beside me are my 3 comrades, Annabeth, Carter, and Sadie.
The doors will open and you may all mingle in 3, 2, 1.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
You may begin. It was very quick on the RP Guild.
There we have an OOC thread for applying to get on, and an IC thread specifically for the thing. There's also an Interest Check.
So I made a thread asking if anyone would like to join an RP like Camp Mythology.
I got one hand.
So I made the OOC. One person applied, then another. Someone was thinking of joining, and I think he is still debating.
But the two who applied and got approved started instantly.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Adrian:

*Panting*
I think I lost it. The weird goat guy. What the hell was he doing in that shop anyway?

Hey, what's this? A huge wooden gate, with a sign... Camp half-blood? What is that meant to mean? Is that like Harry Potter or something?
OW!

'Sorry! Said... the goat guy! 'I had to get you while you were finally visible.'

' GET OFF OF ME!' I struggle away from it, into the camp. However, it does not run after me, rather it walks after me, saying:

'Welcome, Adrian, to camp half-blood!'

After everything has been explained to me, I get shown to my cabin. It is the cabin for new demi-gods. Apparently my godly parent still has yet to show a sign of who I am, but it should happen fairly soon.

They say after my powers become apparent, and my parent has claimed me, I will get put in a cabin.

This has been certainly an odd day, to say the least!

OOC: I didn't mention dinner because I would not be eating with anyone else!

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
It's Camp Mythology.

Yeah but I want to mention the other people on this thread, so I will wait until they get to camp.[DOUBLEPOST=1373990029][/DOUBLEPOST]
Alright, I'll write mine in a sec, lemmie re-read my character profiles though.

I think it would be cool if our characters became firm friends, right?

Also, I think I might leave Rick, my other char. as it might get a bit confusing, is that ok Whizz? (Anyone who wants him can have him!)

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah but I want to mention the other people on this thread, so I will wait until they get to camp.[DOUBLEPOST=1373990029][/DOUBLEPOST]

I think it would be cool if our characters became firm friends, right?

Also, I think I might leave Rick, my other char. as it might get a bit confusing, is that ok Whizz? (Anyone who wants him can have him!)

Ok then...

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
*Ace*

"Muh thought's...they're like...trains for the mind, yehknow?"

Look at me, the blathering idiot. I'm leaning against this really big guy who seems really perturbed at my presence. And he should be! I'm the great Ace...something. I'm sure I'll remember my name when I'm sober. Anyway, I fall asleep on this guy who sits me on a wagon. Coolio. I'll have a massive hangover, but that's future me's problem. And this guy is really nice too, and was cool enough to share a couple of beers.

I wake up in a camp or something, with a massive hangover. Trumpets blare, and I immediately clutch at my ears. Past me is an asshole. I think there's an announcement for something, but I just try to fall back to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~

*Summer (I wrote this in the third person for some reason, I won't do it again.)*

"Father, grandfather, please accept this offering," Summer murmured. On the table was a hare, tied up and terrified. Summer brought her sacrificial knife to bear against the rabbit's throat. She then lifted it high up in the air and thrust it into the body of the rabbit. It died instantly, and blood splattered against Summer's face. She wiped it off and incinerated the remains. She may not ever sacrifice a human, but even the small burst of power she received was welcome.

She needed it too, as she was heading off to camp the next day. Such violent sacrifices were rarely tolerated, so she tried to avoid them. Ah well.

Summer had been recruited by one of the camp counselors, years before, after she had almost burned down all of Nevada. All those forest fires you hear about don't start on their own, after all. Some start via lightning strike, and she was the one to get struck.

Summer laid down to sleep. Tomorrow would be a good day.

~~~~~~~~~~

*Will*

Whoever this drunk guy is, I really hope he shoves off. He's been blabbering at me for hours. It's kinda funny actually. We've had a couple of drinks together now, but the guy is totally hammered. Seriously. He insists I take him to some place in the middle of nowhere. Whatever, I'm going by it anyway, I might as well.

He's completely unconscious now. I carry him to his destination. Large gates inscribed with the words "Camp Mythology" greet me. Huh, quite strange. Ah well. I enter, and I'm met with rows of cabins. Typical summer camp then, with a lake and everything. A few people are running around.

"Don't be shy, look them in the eye," I mutter to myself. I start to call out, but my breath catches in my throat as I see the most beautiful girl I've seen in a long long time. She has flowing red hair, and is carrying some kind of knife. She seems to be the type who would light the world on fire if you got in her way. And I wanted her, oh so badly.

I quickly find the counselors office. Everything seems normal, so I might as well sign up, I might get to meet this girl. I dump the drunk dude off on one of the cabins. He'll be alright, I hope. The counselor gives me a weird look though, but it's probably nothing. And mythology is cool enough, I guess, even if it's all just stories. All religions are.

I settle down in the same cabin as my drunk compadre. Tomorrow is going to be a good day.

~~~~~~~~

OOC: That was a really weird writing style there. I might write in third person from now on, especially when more than one character is involved.

Ookami5875

Jul 29, 2019
Alphonse (Al):
Another day of school, I thought to myself.
I was writing an essay about civil rights in my history class when everything went wrong. We were about halfway through when we hear an explosion a bit in the distance, but it was way too close to not have been within the school. I didn't think much of it since the chemistry students were doing a lab.
One of them probably blew themselves up or something, I figured, and I went back to writing. Just a few seconds later there are kids running down the hallway screaming. This caught my attention as strange. Suddenly, the wall explodes and standing there is a giant dog. Not just Great Dane size, I mean it's the size of 2 horses. I was in the very back corner of the room and wasn't knocked down by the explosion. As soon as I saw the dog I started to get up, but it instantly jumps in my direction. Out of nowhere, Lexus, the new kid in our school, tackles the thing. It was kind of comical what happened though. He literally hit the dog and bounced off of it. It did nothing to change the direction of the dog and it was soon pinning me to the ground. It was staring me in the eyes, and I have a flash of terror and my vision goes... purple? I felt a drain of energy from myself and just as I was about to pass out, I see the dog running away.
I wake up, I assume a day or two later, to see Lexus. I'm in a cabin and the first words out of his mouth are, "Welcome to camp!"

OOC: I've never done an RP, so tips and suggestions on how to write are welcome. I also did past tense as I find it easier to write it. If it needs to be something else, let me know.

Reactions: the_j485

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Past tense is fine, and so is Present Tense.
I normally use Present Tense for RPs, but either way works.
That post was amazing for a first-timer!

Reactions: the_j485

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Who are we waiting for now?[DOUBLEPOST=1373998564][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, can I be Sadie? It may be interesting to see stuff from a new point of view...

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
As long as you know about what Sadie can do, that's absolutely fine.

Yeah, sure, magic words and shit, she knows all of them, and she can turn into a kite and not turn back LOL :D[DOUBLEPOST=1374002066][/DOUBLEPOST]Sadie:

We haven't got many new arrivals yet: Ace, Will, Summer and Adrian are all we have so far. I've heard we might be getting some more soon from some of the satyrs.
I turned into a kite the other day when I was having a dream, and I got stuck until a senior magician came and helped me, which was quite embarrassing...

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
I'd hate for this to die before it even starts. Whizz, do some more game-mastery stuff, you control this world, you've gotta advance the story D: