Camp Mythology RP

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just putting this out there, but Birch Jeebus would have been awesome. Oh well.

Anyway, you should put up some camp rules for my character to break. Also, Lady Luck's champion will kick your butt.

And one more thing, what are the rules for gods interfering and all of that? I know of several ways this could go down, so I'm fine with whatever you come up with.

Reactions: SonOfABirch

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just putting this out there, but Birch Jeebus would have been awesome. Oh well.

Anyway, you should put up some camp rules for my character to break. Also, Lady Luck's champion will kick your butt.

And one more thing, what are the rules for gods interfering and all of that? I know of several ways this could go down, so I'm fine with whatever you come up with.

Jebus was religious, big no no.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Everything else was religious too, but I guess current events are everything.

Hey, I just had a thought. What if there was an atheist demigod?

Reactions: SonOfABirch

Ookami5875

Jul 29, 2019
Artemis would never do that...
Meh, it was worth a shot :p

Well I made a character here. My main reason for wanting to be a hunter would be the communication with animals. I did more research and couldn't find any other reasonable alternatives so I have this one. If you know of any god that could cause the ability for communication with animals, let me know.

Parentage: Dionysus
Powers or Skills: Madness. Upon eye contact, I can cause someone to go into a state of madness. Depending on how strong I make it, the effect can last a half an hour, or only make the victim have a moment or two of hesitation. Down side of it is, the stronger the effect, the more easily I'm worn out. The effect of the madness varies on the person. IT could send someone into the fetal position, but it could also make someone go berserk and lash out. The effects can also be reversed by me, even if they are not caused by me.
Personality: I tend to stay in the background until a fight starts or I can help a situation.
How did you get here?: I was found by a satyr. They knew that a half-blood was in the area, but they were not able to pinpoint me until I was attacked and the monster ended up running away due to my ability.
Anything else important you want to state: I am different from my half-brother Pollux. He can help control the growth of plants, but I cannot. The only ability I have from my father would be Madness. I am also unaware of my ability, and the only reason it happened when the monster attacked was because of the tense situation.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019

One that rejects his godly parent and refuses to believe the truth. Or a a demigod of atheism... The second one would be kind of counterproductive, don't you think?

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019

There's Pan, the god of nature who died.
One that rejects his godly parent and refuses to believe the truth. Or a a demigod of atheism... The second one would be kind of counterproductive, don't you think?

I might use one or the other as a second character to buddy up with Ace, but I'm planning a daughter of Black God (navajo god, son of Fire and Comet) or Agni (Hindu god of fire and sacrifice.) Or Hephaestus if that doesn't work out.

Oh, and she has a love interest in a son of the stone (particularly obsidian), Itztil.Who is aztec.

If she's not a daughter of Hephaestus, then they all hang out in the Misc. God's tent or whatever, and it works out perfectly for me.I'll write up the profiles later, when whizz get's back. I do hope I can keep the sacrifice though, and try and kill someone over a fire.

Ookami5875

Jul 29, 2019
What about Rhea, Gaia, or Demeter, then? They're all greek too.
I'm not sure how they fit in with animals. I see Gaia as an earth goddess, Demeter as the goddess of the harvest, and I'm not getting much out of Rhea other than the mother of the gods.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Alright, here's my second character:

Adrian Braeden
Son of Nyx, goddess of darkness(try looking up what those names mean :D) and my grandfather was hermes
Powers: I can slip away into darkness or shadows, and be completely invisible, even a god would have to strain their eyes normally. I am also quite light-fingered, I can pick pockets with skill, as well as locks. I may also hide things I don't want people to see in darkness
Personality: I am quite dark and quiet, I don't speak much.
How did you get here: a satyr found me when I was stealing from shops at night, my family was quite poor.
Anything else important: I have a black stiletto blade from my mother, which cannot at all harm people, but will knock them out instantly for as long as I need, up to 10 hours. It is also like percy's pen when it is taken from me, as in it comes back.

I could probably go in a Hades or Hermes cabin, don't mind as long as I go in the larger one.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Two more characters, since I didn't see a limit. I'm mostly writing the three that I have together.

Name:Summer Storm
Parentage:Black God, and a bit of Agni is also in the bloodline (she's the daughter of the daughter of a demigod.)
Powers or Skills:Can control fire. Seriously, don't piss her off, she might explode. In training to control lightning.
Personality:Fiery, quick to anger, quick to forgive
How did you get here?: Camp counselor came to get her after she was repeatedly struck by lightning.
Anything else important you want to state: She has an electric guitar and loves to rock out.

Name: Will Glazer
Parentage: Iztil, god of stone, particularly obsidian
Powers or Skills: Really strong, with high HP :)P) Nothing else has manifested yet.
Personality: Trainer-aura. People want to listen to him. Then he spouts macho slogans like a madman. Also has an "Iron Will"
How did you get here?: Traveling caravan
Anything else important you want to state: Nicknamed Iron Will. Really muscular. Used to sell assertiveness training. Also doesn't believe in gods or magic.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, here's my second character:

Adrian Braeden
Son of Nyx, goddess of darkness(try looking up what those names mean :D) and my grandfather was hermes
Powers: I can slip away into darkness or shadows, and be completely invisible, even a god would have to strain their eyes normally. I am also quite light-fingered, I can pick pockets with skill, as well as locks. I may also hide things I don't want people to see in darkness
Personality: I am quite dark and quiet, I don't speak much.
How did you get here: a satyr found me when I was stealing from shops at night, my family was quite poor.
Anything else important: I have a black stiletto blade from my mother, which cannot at all harm people, but will knock them out instantly for as long as I need, up to 10 hours. It is also like percy's pen when it is taken from me, as in it comes back.

I could probably go in a Hades or Hermes cabin, don't mind as long as I go in the larger one.

Told you, you can't outmyth me in Greek.
Or maybe that was on the Roleplaying forum.
Whatever!
I'll put these on in a sec.[DOUBLEPOST=1373903875][/DOUBLEPOST]

Gods interfering...
No killing other campers, no deciding the story for someone like "Poseidon sends a huge flood of water down and sweeps the camper back into his cabin, out of the game" or whatever.
I'll just tell you what's appropriate when you do it.[DOUBLEPOST=1373903932][/DOUBLEPOST]

Nupe. This is a mythology RP.
Why on earth would an atheist even come to a camp where gods are talked about like they were real daily?[DOUBLEPOST=1373903975][/DOUBLEPOST]
There's Pan, the god of nature who died.

I might use one or the other as a second character to buddy up with Ace, but I'm planning a daughter of Black God (navajo god, son of Fire and Comet) or Agni (Hindu god of fire and sacrifice.) Or Hephaestus if that doesn't work out.

Oh, and she has a love interest in a son of the stone (particularly obsidian), Itztil.Who is aztec.

If she's not a daughter of Hephaestus, then they all hang out in the Misc. God's tent or whatever, and it works out perfectly for me.I'll write up the profiles later, when whizz get's back. I do hope I can keep the sacrifice though, and try and kill someone over a fire.

I see you are going for adding Hindu, Navajo and Aztec.
I'll add those to the lists.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Meh, it was worth a shot :p

Well I made a character here. My main reason for wanting to be a hunter would be the communication with animals. I did more research and couldn't find any other reasonable alternatives so I have this one. If you know of any god that could cause the ability for communication with animals, let me know.

Parentage: Dionysus
Powers or Skills: Madness. Upon eye contact, I can cause someone to go into a state of madness. Depending on how strong I make it, the effect can last a half an hour, or only make the victim have a moment or two of hesitation. Down side of it is, the stronger the effect, the more easily I'm worn out. The effect of the madness varies on the person. IT could send someone into the fetal position, but it could also make someone go berserk and lash out. The effects can also be reversed by me, even if they are not caused by me.
Personality: I tend to stay in the background until a fight starts or I can help a situation.
How did you get here?: I was found by a satyr. They knew that a half-blood was in the area, but they were not able to pinpoint me until I was attacked and the monster ended up running away due to my ability.
Anything else important you want to state: I am different from my half-brother Pollux. He can help control the growth of plants, but I cannot. The only ability I have from my father would be Madness. I am also unaware of my ability, and the only reason it happened when the monster attacked was because of the tense situation.

Oh, and you need a name.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Told you, you can't outmyth me in Greek.

Gods interfering...
No killing other campers, no deciding the story for someone like "Poseidon sends a huge flood of water down and sweeps the camper back into his cabin, out of the game" or whatever.
I'll just tell you what's appropriate when you do it.[DOUBLEPOST=1373903932][/DOUBLEPOST]

Nupe. This is a mythology RP.
Why on earth would an atheist even come to a camp where gods are talked about like they were real daily?[DOUBLEPOST=1373903975][/DOUBLEPOST]

I see you are going for adding Hindu, Navajo and Aztec.
I'll add those to the lists.
I'mma have fuuun with Lady Luck then. My other gods aren't as active, as they have no way to gather tribute.

One of my dimigods is athiest, Will. He'll come around eventually. It's not why, as that can always be answered with "why not?".

As for the Hindu, Navajo, and Aztec, I really like the more odd mythologies. There's one native american legend where the earth hatched out of a raven's egg. And all the folklore with the sly coyote...fun, fun, fun. :D

Reactions: whizzball1

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Name: Will Glazer
Also doesn't believe in gods or magic.

Nupe. Wait, nvm.
I read the rest of the thing.
But he has to believe once he gets a power...[DOUBLEPOST=1373904472][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'mma have fuuun with Lady Luck then. My other gods aren't as active, as they have no way to gather tribute.

One of my dimigods is athiest, Will. He'll come around eventually. It's not why, as that can always be answered with "why not?".

As for the Hindu, Navajo, and Aztec, I really like the more odd mythologies. There's one native american legend where the earth hatched out of a raven's egg. And all the folklore with the sly coyote...fun, fun, fun. :D

Yeah, those ones are really eccentric.
Anywho, I'll allow the Atheist until he discovers his powers, at which point he should begin to come around.[DOUBLEPOST=1373904565][/DOUBLEPOST]Everything is set up.
Except for those two specific rules.
Also, I'll be making a duplicate on this forum:
http://roleplayerguild.com/forum.php

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Nah, don't dupe the thread somewhere else, especially in a RP forum. Those guys can be really serious, and none of us will post there anyway.

Reactions: the_j485

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Bugger, I think we should write the demigods arriving at camp first though, all around the same time. That way we can introduce the characters and all that. Besides, I need to make my characters meet eachother.

Whizz, could you do a counselor thing and write a little prompt, like "Welcome, go to your dorms, blahblahblah, there will be a capture the flag tomorrow to celebrate the opening of camp" or something?

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Yeah whizz, I don't think there are enough people on one god to isolate by cabin.
You should separate us either by similar powers, or try to get a good mix of powers in each.

Reactions: whizzball1