Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
A university does not send all connections on their network out through one IP. It might seem that way, but it does not. They have a subnet which is shared across those users.

That being said, this is why appeals exist. We all know everyone makes mistakes, and that system is in place to make sure they get fixed. Going out to get support on something really does not make it get worked out any faster.

Alts are not something that is easy to handle, and we know that people could share IPs. There will never be a perfect system to handle that case.

I have really not seen through the few years that I dealt with actual alt bans that actually were because of educational/work places being used and it was a coincidence. I have seen it once. Over many, many, many bans.

Your appeal has been noticed and will be handled. We do not really need this being talked about here as not all information is presented to both sides and it just leaves open-ended discussions which could be very well wrong and paint the wrong images.
I apologize, but the reason I "went public" is both to explain in advance what is starting to turn into a lengthy absence on the MCF, and to seek people to back up that I am indeed not the same person as the one the ban is aimed at.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
A university does not send all connections on their network out through one IP. It might seem that way, but it does not. They have a subnet which is shared across those users.

That being said, this is why appeals exist. We all know everyone makes mistakes, and that system is in place to make sure they get fixed. Going out to get support on something really does not make it get worked out any faster.

Alts are not something that is easy to handle, and we know that people could share IPs. There will never be a perfect system to handle that case.

I have really not seen through the few years that I dealt with actual alt bans that actually were because of educational/work places being used and it was a coincidence. I have seen it once. Over many, many, many bans.

Your appeal has been noticed and will be handled. We do not really need this being talked about here as not all information is presented to both sides and it just leaves open-ended discussions which could be very well wrong and paint the wrong images.
Are you not going to at least apologise for your mistake?

Lord_Ralex

Jul 29, 2019
Are you not going to at least apologise for your mistake?

Do not take this the wrong way, but this is not of your concern as it has been handled. I would appreciate it if people did not try to make attacks against MCF like this. I already admitted we can make mistakes, that should have been enough. What happens from there is between Reiki and I. There should not need to be any public "updates" about it.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Do not take this the wrong way, but this is not of your concern as it has been handled. I would appreciate it if people did not try to make attacks against MCF like this. I already admitted we can make mistakes, that should have been enough. What happens from there is between Reiki and I. There should not need to be any public "updates" about it.
Then you should have invited him into a private conversation, you posted this in a public message board, meaning that anyone can offer their opinions in this matter.

Also you have a flawed system, that flawed system made a mistake. It is common courtesy for you to apologise.

Reactions: DriftinFool

Lord_Ralex

Jul 29, 2019
Then you should have invited him into a private conversation, you posted this in a public message board, meaning that anyone can offer their opinions in this matter.

Also you have a flawed system, that flawed system made a mistake. It is common courtesy for you to apologise.

It was in private. I simply posted in response to it being made public. I do not and will not handle the appeal in public. It has been handled in private, as that is where it was kept. If Reiki wants to share that, then that is up to them. It should not matter to you though that a "public apology" be made. The matter handled in private from my end, and the only information I posted here was not revealing any private information about the appeal. I kept all details of it within the private communication already established, and I wish for others to let it remain there, as it should.

Mistakes will happen. Let them go when they do. Forcing people to answer just makes it more stressful since it should only matter to those involved.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Can both parties just drop it? He said it was being taken care of that should be a good enough answer. There is nothing more we can do mewto besides pissing him off... and in my experience admins tend to do rash things when they get mad.

----------------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Omega Haxors

Jul 29, 2019
O_O Is it over? Good. On with the show.

Dithering machine: Organize your chests with the power of percussive maintenance.

Essentially it's a modified pile driver that smacks nearby tile entities causing them and any nearby tile entities to shake rapidly, forcing 'heavier' items to the bottom leaving 'lighter' items on the top. If there is a valid inventory below, the item will drop into said inventory making it great for vertical chest arrays. Weight is determined by item ID, lower being lighter.

Feed it more torque to improve the wallop, increasing the area of effect. Giving it speed will determine how long it takes for the next strike to begin.

Here's a little illustration of what an ideal setup would look like with the Dithering Machine.

~[']~ *vrrr*
~['] -O *THONKBOOM*
~[']~ *vrrr*
~[']~ *vrrr*

EDIT:

Another idea I just had: Capacitors.

Capacitors are the flywheels of ElectriCraft, smoothing varying power inputs. They also serve as a different tier of battery. Because they're capacitors, they have only 1% the storage but can release over 10 times as much voltage as the equivalent battery can.

Auroral Battery:

Storage - 281.5 TJ
Power - 26,8435,456 Watts (or 26.84 megawatts)
Output - 65,536V/4,096A

Auroral Capacator:

Storage - 2.815 TJ
Power - 2,684,354,560 Watts (or 2.68 gigawatts)
Output - 655,360V/4,096A

Capacators have one terminal on each side and will keep their charge if destroyed. If you place two capacitors into each other, they will combine similar to the pneumatic item pump to make a small capacitor bank. This increases their max output accordingly. Get enough and you can even make power output on the scale of reality-ripping such as making portals, annihilating nuclear waste with antimatter, or maybe even traveling in space or time.

Hopefully now I won't have to chain 30+ aurorals for my tryhard power requirements.

Last edited:

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
To me it just sounds like an ElectriCraft rehash of the industrial coil.
Except there is some differences. From a little bit of googling, I discovered that it takes more energy to charge a capacitor as you go, sort of like a flywheel. You could also make it have to all discharge immediately if the resistance is really low, so you have to control the output using a resistor, otherwise you could lose even more energy.

AdmiralKirov

Jul 29, 2019
Except there is some differences. From a little bit of googling, I discovered that it takes more energy to charge a capacitor as you go, sort of like a flywheel. You could also make it have to all discharge immediately if the resistance is really low, so you have to control the output using a resistor, otherwise you could lose even more energy.

Think at the capacitor as a sort of short-lasting battery with a much higher self-discharge rate but that you can fully charge and discharge a huge amount of times, this together with the ability to discharge itself in a very short time yelding ridiculos amounts of current.
They' re used to stabilize the line voltage on DC buses to compensate power supply fluctuations, to provide huge surges of power without the need of huge power supplies, and so on, much like flywheels do.
The discharge current is proportional to the load DC resistance of course :D

Reactions: Wagon153

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Except there is some differences. From a little bit of googling, I discovered that it takes more energy to charge a capacitor as you go, sort of like a flywheel.
In real life, springs also do this.

Also, I do not see how I can allow it to be massive burst power without it also enabling you to skip the entire techtree.

Omega Haxors

Jul 29, 2019
To me it just sounds like an ElectriCraft rehash of the industrial coil.

Also, I do not see how I can allow it to be massive burst power without it also enabling you to skip the entire techtree.

If anything the battery is a rehash of the coil as it stores a ton of energy while unleashing a small amount over time. The capacitor is more of a battery with very quick energy releases and low storage.

Very good point on the tech tree. Capacitors should never release all their energy at once, as that would completely unbalance the tech tree and make the difference between tiers completely obsolete aside slightly more power storage. Perhaps there could be a way to build them similar to converter unit upgrades. That would also have a side effect of giving some of the more obscure ingots some very serious uses. Combine the battery crafting system from ElectriCraft and the tiering system of RotaryCraft's converter units and you got yourself quite a cost to make the best capacitors.

I don't see why this can't be somehow implemented into RotaryCraft as well. Like I said it's just a quick-release industrial coil.

Blockmaster139

Jul 29, 2019
I heard some rumours about Shaft Power <-> EU converters being planned, is this true? If so , great, if not, i'm requesting it :p I have an idea to make the Shaft > EU converter not actually convert to EU, but instead to IC2's Kinetic Power(which is outputted by the Wind Generator and Steam Generator), just because it fits better thematically. However that should not apply the other way, that would be very impractical.

Also: What do you plan to do with the MJ support things, now that it's getting deprecated?

Reactions: ljfa

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
I heard some rumours about Shaft Power <-> EU converters being planned, is this true? If so , great, if not, i'm requesting it :p I have an idea to make the Shaft > EU converter not actually convert to EU, but instead to IC2's Kinetic Power(which is outputted by the Wind Generator and Steam Generator), just because it fits better thematically. However that should not apply the other way, that would be very impractical.

Also: What do you plan to do with the MJ support things, now that it's getting deprecated?
I really hope that you can't convert from EU to shaft, there are far too many ways to exploit IC2 mechanics that would allow you to bypass most of rotarycraft.