Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Oh Minecraft, how I hate you sometimes. I'm going to really need to work for those bedrock tools this time around then.

Any tips for making the game start up faster then? =p

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Faster you say? *considers the absurdity of overclocking a liquid cooled i5 just to shave a few seconds of minecraft loading times*

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, I'm not exactly sure what mine is cooled with, nor do I know enough about it to risk doing any real oveclocking. How hot should a cpu be? I think mine is near 50C today, it's hot outside.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I think 50C is within the acceptable range. That's 122F, so only just outside a really, really hot summer day. Yours, if it doesn't use air, likely just uses water. Anything else would require more than just a pump and heat sink; freon, for example, is used in refrigerators, and would require a radiator and compressor to function properly. Even scaled down, that's still a good bit of wattage being sucked up by your cooling system.

123nick

Jul 29, 2019
hey, is there any reason for no fission-fusion reactors? or RTGS? i dont recall there being a RTG but i may be wrong.

123nick

Jul 29, 2019
RTG would not fit in ReactorCraft, they produce electricity, not rotational power. SRGs and ASRGs, maybe.
well, lasers would use electricity, no? and yet we have a laser turret, and a heat beam, although i get your point. also, what does SRG/asrg stand for??

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
well, lasers would use electricity, no? and yet we have a laser turret, and a heat beam, although i get your point. also, what does SRG/asrg stand for??
I believe the idea is that those items have a built in Dynamo that powers the electrics.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

artubi

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question. In the V15 changelog, it says:
  • DragonAPI: Added Transvector Interface Handling
Correct me if I am wrong, but does this mean that we'll be to use Transvector Interface (TI) on Rotarycraft machines?

EDIT: Tried it. Kinda works I guess?
Work: RF energy cell next to TI that is binded to magnetostatics; magnetostatics receive RF.
Doesn't work: RF energy cell next to magnetostatics next to TI that is binded to grinder; grinder does not work.

Last edited:

123nick

Jul 29, 2019
According to Wiki, SRG stands for "Stirling radioisotope generator," basically a rotational form of an RTG.

ok , thanks :)

I believe the idea is that those items have a built in Dynamo that powers the electrics.

oh, that makes sense. also, thanks for explaining :)

still, i wonder if fission-fusion is a reasonable idea too impliment.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
hey, is there any reason for no fission-fusion reactors? or RTGS? i dont recall there being a RTG but i may be wrong.
Yes:
So any plans for a Fusion-Fission Hybrid reactor to Reactorcraft.

(If this is already in Reactor craft or has been suggested before and rejected, sorry for wasting your time Reika)
No.

I've been trying to think of something to suggest for Rotarycraft, something interesting or novel. I've so far come up short, alas. But, failing that (I should probably just stop here...): how do you feel about player transport? Basically I'm imagining a sort of teleporter/rapid transport, with the idea being that it travels beneath the bedrock to get to places rapidly. So the start/end points require direct line-of-sight/line-of-effect to the bedrock layer, and they use a large amount of power/rotational energy to transport a player to and from travel-stations. It wouldn't be instantaneous (talk about immersion breaking) but more rapid than walking and minecarts.

Its probably a daft idea, but I thought I'd put it out there.

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Yes:

I've been trying to think of something to suggest for Rotarycraft, something interesting or novel. I've so far come up short, alas. But, failing that (I should probably just stop here...): how do you feel about player transport? Basically I'm imagining a sort of teleporter/rapid transport, with the idea being that it travels beneath the bedrock to get to places rapidly. So the start/end points require direct line-of-sight/line-of-effect to the bedrock layer, and they use a large amount of power/rotational energy to transport a player to and from travel-stations. It wouldn't be instantaneous (talk about immersion breaking) but more rapid than walking and minecarts.

Its probably a daft idea, but I thought I'd put it out there.
None of that makes any sense, especially for a mod like RotaryCraft.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Idea inspired by Mario. Use the power of rotational energy to build catapults to fling you through the air, requires immense speed but relatively low torque to use with distance being speed limited.

That's the first thing that comes to mind for player transport for me anyway. Not the most sane method of transport though.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Idea inspired by Mario. Use the power of rotational energy to build catapults to fling you through the air, requires immense speed but relatively low torque to use with distance being speed limited.

That's the first thing that comes to mind for player transport for me anyway. Not the most sane method of transport though.
That would kill you from the G-forces and air resistance, and catapults are not powered by speed.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Torque would be more of a factor. If you where to implement such an idea it would probably work like a industrial spring.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
None of that makes any sense, especially for a mod like RotaryCraft.
I did say I should have stopped there! :) Sorry @Reika - ideas are definitely not my strong point.

Are there any areas you'd like to go into that you haven't so far? I can't imagine animal or plant breeding is your thing but I could be wrong?

123nick

Jul 29, 2019
That would kill you from the G-forces and air resistance, and catapults are not powered by speed.

BUT what if u had some sort off capsule-like thing that had shock absorbers and etc so that u dont die from G-forces and air resistance? it could have durability, and each time you used a catapult it AND u would be transported by the catapult too a landing spot or something.