Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

Aetherpirate

Jul 29, 2019
My Fusion Reactor is finally running. It's truly a beautiful thing. Love the thrummmming sound it makes too. I have been playing with Neutron Absorber and Boiler placement. At first, I made a big square, and discovered that corners were quite cool, and the middle parts were overheating. I took apart one quadrant and made a messy arc instead, which worked better, but I wanted to actually see where the neutrons were going, so I turned on visible neutrons in the configs and saw that they mostly zip out of the toriods and form a thick plus sign pattern, so I have been concentrating my absorbers and boilers along those areas, with better results. I am also considering switching to ammonia, but I first need to stockpile a VAST reserve, and make a return loop.

Could others share their designs? I'd be interested what other people have discovered.

Reactions: RavynousHunter

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, I'd be interested in seeing your boiler design. Never really thought about how to optimally place the boilers, but it'd be really helpful for when I finally break into fusion, myself.

Aetherpirate

Jul 29, 2019
I'll get some pics up once I firm up some ideas and make it a bit prettier. I am trying an inner ring now as well, so I will have absorbers and boilers both inside and outside the toroids.

Here are some pics:

http://imgur.com/a/AIYKm

I've been trying different things in different quadrants. I also added an inner ring, which works quite well, it runs hot, but stable so far. I'll let it awhile to see if any bit melts.

The outer quadrant with the boilers arranged to form a right angle performs the worst. The corner does not get hot enough to make steam, and very few neutrons go there.

The thicker outer arc seems a bit overkill. The other thin ones seem to work fine with fewer boilers and absorbers.

In all cases on the outer parts, the first five blocks or so out from each plasma injector are quite cool, very few neutrons stray there. I put absorbers there anyway to catch strays.

I've noticed that placing absorbers higher up, above the other ones, also get hot. Seems some neutrons may be going up, I may try another ring up a bit and see if gets warm enough.

Last edited:

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
I've noticed that placing absorbers higher up, above the other ones, also get hot.
Conduction.

Also, insulating boilers and neutron absorbers exposed to air - I think I used bits of toroid magnet for the inside and glass everywhere else - will increase efficiency by reducing convective heat loss.

Aetherpirate

Jul 29, 2019
The 2nd layer of absorbers I placed weren't in contact with anything. I'll put a pic up later.

Thanks for the insulating tips, I'll try it out.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
It appears there's a bug on Curse. ReactorCraft says no files exist for download. Just a slow approval? I've thrown a few things up there before and know they can take their time sometimes, but all your other mods seem to be there.

E: was fixed shortly after posting this
Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
So, I may have found a bug. I'm trying to send shaft power through the nether portal for a bedrock breaker, but as soon as I place down the shaft in the portal, my chat gets spammed with Null Pointer Exceptions, and I can't get any power on the other side. I'll get logs and screen shots if needed, but is this a common thing, or am I just doing it wrong, etc?

Overworld portal is at 64,64 with nether portal at 8,8 in a creative test world with bedrock shafts.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
So, I may have found a bug. I'm trying to send shaft power through the nether portal for a bedrock breaker, but as soon as I place down the shaft in the portal, my chat gets spammed with Null Pointer Exceptions, and I can't get any power on the other side. I'll get logs and screen shots if needed, but is this a common thing, or am I just doing it wrong, etc?

Overworld portal is at 64,64 with nether portal at 8,8 in a creative test world with bedrock shafts.
This is a known issue.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
Ah so, my best bet for power is maybe electricraft, or a magnetostatic engine with a tesseract?

My issue is that I think ChromatiCraft is telling me to go to the top of the nether, but CofH core has a flat bedrock layer that is too low for ChrC to trigger. The way I've broken bedrock before was with a gas turbine, but one instantaneous jet fuel powered explosion later tells me that's not an option this time.

...unless I'm just completely wrong and don't need to go to the nether celing.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Ah so, my best bet for power is maybe electricraft, or a magnetostatic engine with a tesseract?

My issue is that I think ChromatiCraft is telling me to go to the top of the nether, but CofH core has a flat bedrock layer that is too low for ChrC to trigger. The way I've broken bedrock before was with a gas turbine, but one instantaneous jet fuel powered explosion later tells me that's not an option this time.

...unless I'm just completely wrong and don't need to go to the nether celing.

You can use enderpearls to get to the top of the nether and break bedrock using dark oak tress grown in a specific way(Google it) #VanillaToTheRescue!

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
For chromaticraft? It adds ways of getting through the bedrock ceiling that don't require other mods or exploiting glitches.

Specifically it adds tunnels in the bedrock ceiling that let you get through, they should extend through into the caverns below so can be visible while exploring if you're not too low.

Or just use ender pearl glitch, that's what I did before finding out the intended way that's above.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
For chromaticraft? It adds ways of getting through the bedrock ceiling that don't require other mods or exploiting glitches.

Specifically it adds tunnels in the bedrock ceiling that let you get through, they should extend through into the caverns below so can be visible while exploring if you're not too low.

Or just use ender pearl glitch, that's what I did before finding out the intended way that's above.
Say, can RotaryCraft's bedrock breaker mine the top layer of the Nether? It is another mod, yes, but it's the most obvious way to get above the nether ceiling if you're running the Reika suite and don't want to exploit vanilla glitches.

The intended method isn't real easy to become aware of unless you've already gotten above the Nether ceiling before (with an appropriate version of ChC installed, of course). That's one of the irks I have with ChC- a lot of the almost entirely undocumented mechanics are completely obvious, but only when you already know what they are. The crystal shard boosting process and what the number returned by the network-connectivity-checking function of the Elemental Manipulator actually means are similar in that respect.

But, that's all by design, so what can I say.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting a crash to desktop, and I'm not sure what's causing it, and I can't seem to find any real useful information to me in the crash log. It seems to happen when I'm near RoC machines though, interacting with the fermenter or extractor and such, so I figured I'd start here. It's inconsistent though, so I'm not sure how easy it will be to track down.

https://paste.ee/p/3AWif

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not totally inept at reading crash logs then, it didn't look like any mods errored. Any ideas as to why it's crashing, and what I can do to fix it?

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Nothing, so far as I know. Its just one of those little crashes you gotta put up with if you wanna deal with Minecraft. Seriously, I have never found a fix for that.