Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

Pterodactlol

Jul 29, 2019
Sodium makes little sense as the heat transfer fluid for a Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) tower, due to its high cost and high reactivity with water and air. If you are looking for alternative CSP heat transfer fluids, supercritical carbon dioxide (s-CO2), molten salts, and ceramic pellet fluidized beds are the subjects of actual research. These materials are low cost, chemically inert, and could be utilized for thermal energy storage. Supercritical CO2 could also be used as the working fluid in a closed Brayton cycle, eliminating the heat transfer step that would be needed if a steam Rankine cycle was used.

Yes, molten sodium could be used in a fast breeder reactor, but only because few other materials have comparable transparency to neutrons.

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Concerning the autocrafter, when it crafts a recipe that uses items that aren't consumed (for example, the utensils in Pam's Harvestcraft), is it possible to change it to leave them in the input chest instead of sending them to a hidden inventory slot and subsequently jamming?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Sodium makes little sense as the heat transfer fluid for a Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) tower, due to its high cost and high reactivity with water and air. If you are looking for alternative CSP heat transfer fluids, supercritical carbon dioxide (s-CO2), molten salts, and ceramic pellet fluidized beds are the subjects of actual research. These materials are low cost, chemically inert, and could be utilized for thermal energy storage. Supercritical CO2 could also be used as the working fluid in a closed Brayton cycle, eliminating the heat transfer step that would be needed if a steam Rankine cycle was used.

Yes, molten sodium could be used in a fast breeder reactor, but only because few other materials have comparable transparency to neutrons.
Real solar plants often use salt, which my sodium was designed to emulate. I am not interested in adding yet another fluid just for one purpose.

Pterodactlol

Jul 29, 2019
Real solar plants often use salt, which my sodium was designed to emulate. I am not interested in adding yet another fluid just for one purpose.

Actually, I was thinking that you could use the CO2 or LiFBe fluids already present. Not entirely accurate to reality, but more accurate than molten sodium.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Would adding salt improve the game somehow? Abstractions are sometimes important in game design to keep things streamlined and comprehensible.
Hmm I think you've hit the nail on the head there. While the scientist in me always wants to point out that the two fluids are rather different in behaviour and properties, I need to remember that for the purposes of Minecraft, the distinction really isn't important. Good point!

ProjectEForNever

Jul 29, 2019
A question: are the TiC bedrock tools an intentional joke? I would kill for a bedrock cleaver, but every bedrock TiC tool seems to break explosively after just one use. At least the ones I've cheated in to check out. Do partial bedrock tools not behave like that? Is it an impossibly weird bug? Is it a forgotten feature from mDiyo's side (there used to be and maybe still is some vitriol between you two)? If not intentional on your side, please just find a way get rid of this BS.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
A question: are the TiC bedrock tools an intentional joke? I would kill for a bedrock cleaver, but every bedrock TiC tool seems to break explosively after just one use. At least the ones I've cheated in to check out. Do partial bedrock tools not behave like that? Is it an impossibly weird bug? Is it a forgotten feature from mDiyo's side (there used to be and maybe still is some vitriol between you two)? If not intentional on your side, please just find a way get rid of this BS.
Certain bedrock parts are disallowed because they offer the same functionality as native bedrock tools. People always assume "TiC=better because TiC".

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
Certain bedrock parts are disallowed because they offer the same functionality as native bedrock tools. People always assume "TiC=better because TiC".
I think you should add that as a config option with its name being something like "TiCIsntBetter" or something as a nod to both functionality and forcing them to search how online likely leading them to information why the tools are better without being TiCified. Either way, I've always wanted a Bedrock Hammer just because its unbreakable; I get TiC isn't better and there's alot of functionality to the tools (you should really give a nod to this in the ingame book) but if someone wants to use bedrock for its unbreakability in TiC why not let them? If your against people being ignorant of its abilities as I said put the info in the ingame book and anyone who still doesn't know from that are idiots and not your problem.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I think you should add that as a config option with its name being something like "TiCIsntBetter" or something as a nod to both functionality and forcing them to search how online likely leading them to information why the tools are better without being TiCified. Either way, I've always wanted a Bedrock Hammer just because its unbreakable; I get TiC isn't better and there's alot of functionality to the tools (you should really give a nod to this in the ingame book) but if someone wants to use bedrock for its unbreakability in TiC why not let them? If your against people being ignorant of its abilities as I said put the info in the ingame book and anyone who still doesn't know from that are idiots and not your problem.
You can make a bedrock hammer.

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
You can make a bedrock hammer.
I was just using it as an example. I haven't tried, I just don't see anything in TiCon that shouldn't beable to be made (Even though I personally do not like TiCon since it makes early game much easier).

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I was just using it as an example. I haven't tried, I just don't see anything in TiCon that shouldn't beable to be made (Even though I personally do not like TiCon since it makes early game much easier).
Anything that is an exact duplicate of an RC tool while offering no additional functionality: Pickaxe, lumber axe, broad/long sword, shovel, scythe.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Modifiers make the tool and all that, not so sure with the scythe but between auto-smelt and the things like life steal a bedrock tool upgraded in the right way should have functionality that isn't replicated in the RC tools.

Sure other than like an auto-smelt lumber axe none of them are likely to be that widely used, but that doesn't mean they're strictly inferior and should be disabled. The long sword's primary thing of note is the extra mobility it grants too isn't it? It's the broadsword that's pretty much just a vanilla sword.

Reactions: Zandorum

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
Anything that is an exact duplicate of an RC tool while offering no additional functionality: Pickaxe, lumber axe, broad/long sword, shovel, scythe.
If you want to make a weaker tool than your non-tic one might as well beable to.

SephirothWS

Jul 29, 2019

So does this mean your bedrock tools are highly customizable? You can add redstone to them to speed 'em up? Etc.. If not, then they're not identical and should be allowed.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
So does this mean your bedrock tools are highly customizable? You can add redstone to them to speed 'em up? Etc.. If not, then they're not identical and should be allowed.
With little exception, they are on par with a fully-upgraded TiC tool, except where said functionality is not useful (eg extra damage on a sword) or simply unbalanced (eg a sword doing 600 hearts).

Houndber

Jul 29, 2019
Since I have a world with only your mods installed and therefore no method of getting blocks from the electricraft ingots(for easier storage) I have to ask if there is a particular reason why they aren't in...that and is there a way to quickly convert one type of silver/aluminum into the rotarycraft counterpart(since I don't really like having 2 types of silver),besides installing some other mods?