Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
In a vanilla and RoC setting you will have to take a skeleton spawner in to the nether. You then have to somehow manage to get the items out to your fractation thingo.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
That's both perfectly possible, the bedrock pick should let you move a spawner and vanilla minecarts and a nether portal can send items back and forth.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Can I just say that there are easier, cheaper ways to make jet fuel ingredients, many of which are natively supported (and encouraged) within Rotarycraft? Soulsand, for instance, is rather trivial to make using lubricant and sand. Minechem sounds interesting, but for what people are describing, it sounds rather like this method is an exercise in shoehorning a square peg into a round hole.
That's the entire point. Use something different and (to some) interesting to achieve a goal that might be easier to achieve with other methods. Its a challenge, and therein lies the fun.

Reactions: Celestialphoenix

Boundary

Jul 29, 2019
Hi o/

I'm having an issue with some kind of lag / sync issue after & during the use of Rotarycraft machines. It's not fps lag but kind of like connection lag (?) not sure how better to describe it, when I access a Rotarycraft machine the response is seldom immediate & when exiting the gui it will take some time before I can access any other kind of block gui. It's isolated to Rotarycraft machines. I don't have the fastest connection (2mb/512kb) not sure if that is contributing to the problem, the server is hosted locally. The best information I could find was a reference about 'I:"Sync Packet Interval in Ticks"= 20', but I don't really want to ask the admin to fiddle without going with some real information in hand.

It's not a game killer but it can get frustrating when the wait is 30s plus before your next action. Not trying to bash on the mod at all, I really enjoy playing Rotarycraft & would be happy to find a solution or at least understand what the limitation is that is causing this on my end, so any help would be appreciated :)

And to add something shiny... A picture of my almost finished jet fuel production room, not the most efficient but I was looking for 'noisy machine room with lots of moving parts'

RoCJetFuel.jpg

Boundary

Jul 29, 2019
It really does, nice job!

As for lag, try Opis. It can pinpoint lag issues pretty well.
Thanks also :)

I had tried Opis but nothing was flagged before, I tried again now & watched my ping / upload... Ouch...

OPIS - Before
Opis Before.jpg

OPIS - During
Opis After.png

COFH TPS
COFH TPS.png

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Opis can tell you - hopefully accurately - exactly what kind of packets are inbound and outbound. My SyncPacket actually shows up in the vanilla listings; I suspect, however, the bulk of your data will be S35UpdateTileEntity.

Boundary

Jul 29, 2019
Opis can tell you - hopefully accurately - exactly what kind of packets are inbound and outbound. My SyncPacket actually shows up in the vanilla listings; I suspect, however, the bulk of your data will be S35UpdateTileEntity.
Thanks Reika, I will take a closer look when I get a gap today. If it does happen to be the items you mention is this behavior normal or is there something I can do to reduce the sync time, assuming the upload speed increase is an effect of SyncPacket is that speed increase within the norm? I just checked my ISP again, upload speed is 64 - 512kbps, my test average around 400kbps :(

Not really my world of understanding so shooting in the dark here :p

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Thanks Reika, I will take a closer look when I get a gap today. If it does happen to be the items you mention is this behavior normal or is there something I can do to reduce the sync time, assuming the upload speed increase is an effect of SyncPacket is that speed increase within the norm? I just checked my ISP again, upload speed is 64 - 512kbps, my test average around 400kbps :(

Not really my world of understanding so shooting in the dark here :p
S35 is used by almost every TileEntity in the game, modded and vanilla. There is nothing you can do to reduce it short of having fewer nearby tiles.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Holy crap, dude, your room looks freaking awesome. I do, however, have one little tip that might tidy things up a bit: you can put liquid ethanol (made with the rock melter and gasoline engine) directly into an ECU at any side. This is how I, personally, feed my ethanol-based engines. It just feels more...right, I guess, to feed it with liquid instead of crystals. Plus, it saves on item conduits that can go towards other things.

Reactions: Boundary

Boundary

Jul 29, 2019
Holy crap, dude, your room looks freaking awesome. I do, however, have one little tip that might tidy things up a bit: you can put liquid ethanol (made with the rock melter and gasoline engine) directly into an ECU at any side. This is how I, personally, feed my ethanol-based engines. It just feels more...right, I guess, to feed it with liquid instead of crystals. Plus, it saves on item conduits that can go towards other things.
That's a great suggestion, I may dabble there thanks :)

Boundary

Jul 29, 2019
S35 is used by almost every TileEntity in the game, modded and vanilla. There is nothing you can do to reduce it short of having fewer nearby tiles.
Thanks again, my opis is being derpy & causing a 'fatal error' on the client whenever I try search tile entities. I didn't even see you SyncPacket when I got a chance to look for a few seconds but I may have missed it in my haste. Anyways will persevere & let you know if I find anything.

Aetherpirate

Jul 29, 2019
Electricraft question: I had a large network of superconducting cables lag and then all melt to lava. Found a Reddit thread discussing how this happens when an EC network becomes too complex. Is there a "network complexity measurement tool" of sorts I can use? Or a formula that involves power sources vs. sinks and paths? I'd like to redesign and rebuild it smarter.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Does that exclude batteries, or are they acting as a kind of halfway point between capacitors and diodes, effectively being a part of the circuit, but able to store energy?

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Im actually not sure what the intended use case for batteries is in Electricraft?
Their charge doesn't really last too long without a source persistently filling it. This depends on the level of the battery and what applications you are using them for.

They can be used with some limited success as accumilator battery banks. Where you can make weak trikleing sources and somewhat release it all as a stronger yet short lived surge.
But I think Reika covered his bases and made it so Electricraft didn't help bypass engine progression. As battery voltages have a hard rate (much like regular batteries i guess) and iirc the amps match the input source.
Essentially I don't think anyone is running machinery from a bank of batteries. Especially if they have the option of being constantly hooked to their grid.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
*raises hand*

I do that, once I hit ReactorCraft. I buffer the power in a bank of aurorals so I waste as little as possible. It also works well since aurorals tend to tie into the one-tick requirements of various machines quite well. Also, they're good for on-demand power, where you might not always need to have something operating. A quick example I can think of is using a solar tower to charge a battery that you use to run a set of grinders for netherrack dust and tar sand to make jet fuel. You don't always need to produce them, so you could set up a comparator to each of them and use some redstone logic to turn on the battery and send the power to the right machine. That way, you get free, on-demand power that you can use only when you need it.

notawallplan

Jul 29, 2019
I want a remodel of the Air Compressor, so that it's more in-line with how Pneumaticraft looks and works instead of a more... Buildcraft look.