Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

Braidedheadman

Jul 29, 2019
My desire is a way to cool the dew point aggregator (DPA) far below ambient temperatures. Placeable liquid nitrogen is simply one possibility, in which you have pointed out a major flaw. There are other possibilities, such as allowing to heat exchanger to interact with liquid nitrogen and the DPA or allowing a liquid pipe filled with liquid nitrogen to cool nearby machines. This opens up the possibility to implement similar heat management for other machines, like chilling a pulse jet furnace while feeding it ultra high speeds to keep it from exploding.
This is of keen interest to me. I not-too-recently now wrote a Computercraft program to monitor and regulate the temperature and operation of a pulse jet furnace in order to keep it running without coolant (water) while supplying it with accelerant (O2 gas) in the T>900, T<1000 degrees C temperature range needed to smelt HSLA steal. It works great but even with that level of automation, the cooling options I had available at the time (as many fins, and attached blocks of ice and fans as I could fit in combination) aren't enough to prevent, only delay, the PJF from reaching dangerous temperatures and triggering a shutdown/cooling off period.

I found myself wishing that it was possible to pass LN2 gas through the fans (preferably in a closed circuit) in order to further chill the cooling fins, which I could turn on and off as needed in order to avoid the need to shutdown and cool off the PJF and thereby improve its productivity.

A far more elegant solution would be an LN2-driven or even a thermoelectric cooling block a as a tiered upgrade to the passive cooling provided by fins.

JohnOC

Jul 29, 2019
On another side note:
oil-refining-diagram.gif

Pneumaticraft has a fractional distillation multiblock that works on oil and produces IIRC 4 fluid outputs.

Not that it wouldn't be cool for RoC to have one, just that there is at least one existing.

SirDoctorOfTardis

Jul 29, 2019
How about boats? I have some ideas on the implementation.

1. Steel: Less likely to break. Higher speed, but lower acceleration.

2. Bedrock: Indestructible. High speed. Higher acceleration than the steel boat, but less than the wood boat.

Motorized versions of all three optional. Here's my ideas.

1. Steam powered wood raft: Goes somewhat faster than a normal wood boat, but has a chance to catch fire and break. Has no brakes.

2. Gasoline Motorboat: Goes decently fast and has brakes.

3. Jet-powered Steel Boat: Goes extremely fast but requires a second boat to be attached. Takes a while to brake. Don't bump into anything!

Both steel boats have a bedrock variant.

Braking is achieved by jumping while pressing the backwards key.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
How about boats? I have some ideas on the implementation.

1. Steel: Less likely to break. Higher speed, but lower acceleration.

2. Bedrock: Indestructible. High speed. Higher acceleration than the steel boat, but less than the wood boat.

Motorized versions of all three optional. Here's my ideas.

1. Steam powered wood raft: Goes somewhat faster than a normal wood boat, but has a chance to catch fire and break. Has no brakes.

2. Gasoline Motorboat: Goes decently fast and has brakes.

3. Jet-powered Steel Boat: Goes extremely fast but requires a second boat to be attached. Takes a while to brake. Don't bump into anything!

Both steel boats have a bedrock variant.

Braking is achieved by jumping while pressing the backwards key.
The ethanol minecart is never used; I imagine boats would be the same way.

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Probably because people don't realize it exists. Doesn't have an entry in the handbook I believe.
It does, but Railcraft renders it obsolete even if you don't have it installed. If you have it, it has better options for powered carts. If you don't, there's no reason to make minecart setups anyway.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
If Reika has the time, a little Railcraft integration to turn the ethanol minecart into an ethanol locomotive?
Granted its still a very niche feature.
I could see that as being useful. As it is (last I checked), steam locomotives can only draw fuel OR water from attached minecarts, but not both at once. You have to choose whether to hook up tank carts behind it to supply water automatically and then manually shovel in fuel every now and again, or put a chest cart behind it and manually fill it with water all the time. An ethanol locomotive would presumably only require fuel (and not coolant), and as such could go much longer without having to be restocked.

Electric locomotives can, of course, go indefinitely without stopping with the help of powered rails. But they have their own issues.

SirDoctorOfTardis

Jul 29, 2019
It does, but Railcraft renders it obsolete even if you don't have it installed. If you have it, it has better options for powered carts. If you don't, there's no reason to make minecart setups anyway.

Minecarts are generally used less than boats anyways, when was the last time you saw someone use a minecart as a travel option vs a boat?

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Got a...okay, not a minor problem. I have a pretty major problem, actually, with RotaryCraft: all the functional blocks have no actual textures or models. I'm using the latest versions of ElC, ChC, RoC, ReC, and DragonAPI with the latest version of Infinity. I have no MT scripts that use or alter any recipes, and I haven't assigned anything from RotaryCraft an EMC value via Project E. What's...ehm...what the hell's going on here? Because this is kind of a show-stopper.

[ETA]

Also, just an extra: this isn't happening with any of your other mods, just RotaryCraft. The others are showing up just fine.

Attachments

• 2016-04-02_11.02.25.png
    2016-04-02_11.02.25.png
    458 KB · Views: 38

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
It it April first where you are perchance? Because that looks like the april fools thing where it reverts all textures back to original dev textures that's been mentioned elsewhere.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Ohhhhhhhh, doi. Odd, since its 2 April on my system clock. Still, though, actually got me, lol. Trawled the logs for a good half hour trying to find out what I'd done wrong, lol.

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Minecarts are generally used less than boats anyways, when was the last time you saw someone use a minecart as a travel option vs a boat?
My base is so spread out that I have a big minecart network connecting all the various areas. Celestial Gateways have now rendered it obsolete, but it was used extensively before I got them.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
A rail network is fine if you have no other modded means of long-distance travel.

Flight, Jetpacks, Gliders, Teleports, etc.

How often do you have RoC without any of those? ... Oh, right: RoC has jetpacks.

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
A rail network is fine if you have no other modded means of long-distance travel.

Flight, Jetpacks, Gliders, Teleports, etc.

How often do you have RoC without any of those? ... Oh, right: RoC has jetpacks.

True, but I love the challenge of building rail networks. It just gives the land a sense of being developed, y'know? Also I config'd the jetpacks to use jet fuel instead of ethanol.

Unrelated: I just made my first Gas Turbine in my latest world - the last time I made one was in Monster 1.6.4, so I'd forgotten just how much Jet Fuel it guzzles. :p