Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

Boundary

Jul 29, 2019
o/

Back with a few more questions :) I have magnetised a shaft core for an A/C engine & a second one for the magnetostatic upgrade, I was using a comparator redstone clock for that setup. I decided I wanted to try get a few more magnetised shaft cores but for some reason I can't get them to magnetise anymore, I tried crafting new ones & breaking & replacing the magnetiser. I even rebuilt the setup elsewhere & went over to a 2x repeater 2 tick clock which powers the AC engine but I still am unable to magnetise the shaft core. I am at 2k rads & above the 16kw required. Any help would be appreciated.

Pics for clarity:

Current setup testing out the AC engine, clock worked & decided to see if I could get the magnetiser to work there as well:
2015-06-22_18.06.16.png

Shot of in magnetiser GUI, I did wait a while I had some idea of how long it takes from the previous two success ones:
2015-06-22_18.06.25.png

The setup I used to make the previous two shaft cores, just imagine the magnetiser in place of the crusher, here I used the comparator clock.
2015-06-22_18.06.47.png

So I tested the magnetostatic engine & they seem good but not much better than what you have access too & that infrastructure. What are the real perks of using them?

Reactions: TomeWyrm

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
RF is whats better, its easier to transport, and by putting whichever coolant is required into a tesseract as well, you can get local power with tesseract plus magnetostatic. RF can also be produced in absurd quantities depending on the mods involved.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
You also don't have to stray far from Reika's mods to store and transmit RF... ElecCraft has an RF Battery and Cable built in.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Charrizzard

Jul 29, 2019
You have Project E... blaze powder is easier than soul sand, I mean it is a fuel you can target in a collector after all. Not to mention you're playing RoC. Bedrock pick (or jabba dolly, or portaspawner, or safari net) a blaze spawner, and you'll have more blaze powder than you can probably handle. You could also use the same facility (assuming you're in the nether) to collect coal renewably... if you don't already have a DSU full of the stuff :p. Netherrack is obvious. Soul Sand will apparently be easier in v7, but I do believe there are bees that can produce it, if not? Project E will easily be your best bet. Drop a stack of octuple-compressed cobblestone (Assuming you have XU... which is also the best way to generate obscene quantities of cobblestone quickly, and has a great auto-crafting mechanic assuming you use a shared inventory like a bspace barrel or ender chest. Doing it with rationing pipes or round-robin slows it down too much IMO) into a condenser targeting Soul Sand and if you run out of EMC before you feel like deleting your world I will frankly be shocked, last time I checked soul sand was cheap EMC-wise.

Slime can be an issue, and most of the methods I know of for slimes that aren't "make a multi-level slime farm in a swamp", revolve around Tinker's Construct... which I'm moving away from, so I totally need to figure out a good replacement for advising other people. Trying to stay away from mob farms where possible, myself. Hence the inclusion of Mob Drop Crops in my WIP pack.

What about Ex Nihilo?

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
I think IC2 resin can be converted into slimeballs, and Factorization had something with green dye in the crystalliser.

Though if you're moving away from TiCon just because of the tools- the TinkersModules config that can knock them out, leaving you the smeltery, fancy glass, and slime islands.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, we do got XU on the server, but I have an even better generator than 8x compressed cobble: a villager parboiler being fueled by a pig farm (farming using a combo of Ender IO and Draconic Evolution) and an MFR autospawner leading straight into a smeltery. Use the liquid emerald to make emerald blocks (which have superior EMC to uranium blocks by a significant margin), setup proper overflow handling (I'm using a DSU), and boom. Massive amounts of EMC with very little effort. It might not be the quickest thing around, largely due to the fact I'm not spawning pigs fast enough to keep up with the autospawner's essence demands, but emerald blocks generate so much EMC that it hardly matters.
Oh if you're trying for truly high-scale EMC production? Botania villager shedding is a more humane method, assuming you mind (I'm an evil sadistic jerk and melt mine down too :p. Blame that sound). You could also always use Bees (you don't want to know the kind of production you can pack into a chunk with bees. It's sick), or RFTools (I mean you ARE using ReactorCraft. The power requirements for the OP dimensions aren't much of an issue). There are also a few SIGNIFICANTLY more dense sources of EMC, I was just using a nice middle-of-the-road easy-to-automate gold-standard kind of build. For instance, you could use nether stars with any number of wither auto-spawn-and-kill methods. Or use Fresh Water from Pam's Harvestcraft via Cyclic Assembler, the MFR Liquicrafter, or (possibly) Steve's Factory Manager. You could also just pipe the results of a Boring Machine > Extractor into a bank of condensers and giggle madly. Especially if you're using nether ores.

OMG THANK YOU! You use Faithful. I can't TELL you how much Sphax and Painterly give me headaches when trying to comprehend what in the blue blazes is going on in a picture! I cannot give you enough internet cookies for that!

What about Ex Nihilo?
Ex Nihilo makes it too easy early-game to get some resources that really ought to be more difficult to obtain. I have played Agrarian Skies, I know some VERY mean tricks for making cobblestone, and with Ex Nihilo, XU, Steve's Factory Manager, and MFR? It's sickening how easy it is to get basically any resource in the game. Oh it's only a 1% drop chance from this thing? Make 100 times the production and sifting, void (or compress, or even worse condense) unwanted products.

I'm looking forward to EN2 which, if it lives up to the plans of Erasmus_Crowley will be completely modular and built around standard survival play, not just skyblock. As-is I would have to rip the mod apart with MineTweaker, ModTweaker, Ex Astris, and it would probably be easier to just learn to mod and make a custom one... which actually I'm kinda already doing with a base of The Vegan Option and some minetweaker trickery using ideas from the 50-or-so "get everything in peaceful" mods.

I think IC2 resin can be converted into slimeballs, and Factorization had something with green dye in the crystalliser.

Though if you're moving away from TiCon just because of the tools- the TinkersModules config that can knock them out, leaving you the smeltery, fancy glass, and slime islands.
I've dropped IC2 and Factorization. I do believe that rubber can convert via an auto-dictionary, but I also try to avoid those. A lot of people feel those are kinda cheaty. I don't use minetweaker, I don't use auto-spawners (because if you can't figure out "spawn slimes with a spawner" as a method to get slimeballs... I can't help you :p), and I don't use mods that aren't in (preferably two of) DW20, RR3, or Infinity. I mean in my personal pack? I have... Ex Nihilo (I'm trying to pare it down to useful functions that are impossible or impractical to reproduce with other mods, and remove all the ores/gems), MFR, SS:TOW, RoC, EnderIO, Vegan Option, TiCo (pending my ability to neuter it but not have it seem useless, thanks for that Celestialphoenix! I still worry about taking out the weaponry/armor leaving nothing much useful for the cost of load time and lag), Project E, EE3's Simple Condensers, Pam's Mob Drop Crops, Fluxed Crystals... and that's just the mods I KNOW that I can use to automate slimeballs in some manner. ElectricalAge rubber might be usable for instance.

The reason for IC2? Iin one word: Greg... slightly longer would be greg's on the team and player wants to gregtech-ify the tech tree. I'm hoping IC2 Classic gets full support back, because I miss the old IC from my glory days.

As for FZ? NeptunePink has a really funny idea about balance (time is a really REALLY annoying balance mechanic), a requirement for modpack inclusion that I won't jump through the hoops for (the "Post Something Interesting License", I might eventually make my pack public, and I'm NEVER going to tout the awesome of FZ for the purposes of hopefully maybe possibly getting permission), and has removed every cool toy I liked from the mod in exchange for barrels that work worse than the originals, and the originals are worse than JABBA; oh and those servos. They enable a few neat things that only they or SFM can do... and I use SFM... so, yeah.

You know, almost none of that really had to do with RotaryCraft. I think I'm going to go sit in the corner with my dunce cap and eat a late lunch.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Ooh, I didn't think about Pam's fresh water, that's a good idea...hmmmmmmm... I mean, my reactor's already giving me nearly 4 million RF/t, so powering a bank of cyclic assemblers wouldn't be a problem in the slightest. I could convert that water into something useful, yet EMC-dense like aeternalis fuel, emeralds, or nether stars, and round robin them around to jet fuel ingredient fabrication units supplemented with collectors.

Sm31415

Jul 29, 2019
@Sm31415, your design was spot ON. You weren't kidding about that design being able to power a high-pressure turbine at full tilt. It might even be able to handle a regular turbine or two, as well. For those who are curious, the build is thus:

Code:
      SSS
      SSS
      SSS
      RRR
      BBB
      BBB
SSSRBBCCCBBRSSS
SSSRBBCCCBBRSSS
SSSRBBCCCBBRSSS
      BBB      SSS
      BBB      SSS
      RRR      SSS
      SSS      RRR
      SSS      BBB
      SSS      BBB
         SSSRBBCCCBBRSSS
         SSSRBBCCCBBRSSS
         SSSRBBCCCBBRSSS
               BBB
               BBB
               RRR
               SSS
               SSS
               SSS

S = HSLA Steel Block
R = Neutron Reflector
B = Steam Boiler
C = Fuel Core

Ah I fill in the corners with boilers, so its two full squares of boilers, I also use one less layer of steel blocks.

That and I have mine in a vertical line one above the other.

I am not sure its the most efficient, but it does work very solidly.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Aye, it works a damn sight better than what I currently have, which is more than enough for me! I'm considering potentially moving a large part of my base to a void dimension so folks passing by my base don't get such massive FPS drops. (I just kind built it up randomly. My walls and lighting mean I can't get hit by mobs, so all my machines are spread about on the ground haphazardly, lol.)

MongrelVigor

Jul 29, 2019
Great way to get magma cream and blaze powder: set up a friction heater on a vanilla furnace and a grinder in a loop they keep cooking and breaking something, cobblestone to stone works though some things might give more orbs. Anyhow they will rain xp orbs. You could run a lot of MFR auto spawners with magma cubes. centrifuge half of the magma cream drops into blaze powder and slime, you're set.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Ooh, I didn't think about Pam's fresh water, that's a good idea...hmmmmmmm... I mean, my reactor's already giving me nearly 4 million RF/t, so powering a bank of cyclic assemblers wouldn't be a problem in the slightest. I could convert that water into something useful, yet EMC-dense like aeternalis fuel, emeralds, or nether stars, and round robin them around to jet fuel ingredient fabrication units supplemented with collectors.
Careful, cyclics can east server ticks like you wouldn't believe. I need to see if I can do that trick with SFM, because that is SO much nicer on servers.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Careful, cyclics can east server ticks like you wouldn't believe. I need to see if I can do that trick with SFM, because that is SO much nicer on servers.

If its reasonably quick, I'd be quite interested in the build. So far, I haven't found much use for SFM, but if I could do it with that, I could set it up in my ocean world (totally forgot I made that, lol) so I could make what amounts to an offshore jet fuel rig.

[ETA]

Hey, @Reika, I've got a suggestion/question: is there any way you'd allow us folks to process iron blocks into HSLA steel blocks? I ask because, since I have a ridiculously large iron surplus, I've been making steel. However, its a bit of a pain to make efficiently since I have to do it at the ingot level. Buuuuuut, if I could do it at the block level, making mass amounts of steel, for things like ReactorCraft, would be much simpler.

Last edited:

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Great way to get magma cream and blaze powder: set up a friction heater on a vanilla furnace and a grinder in a loop they keep cooking and breaking something, cobblestone to stone works though some things might give more orbs. Anyhow they will rain xp orbs.

You don't need an item loop- just running the flakes from your extractor vomits a tonne of exp.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Remember to water your reactors adequately, kids! I came seconds to turning my base into an irradiated shithole because I failed to notice the water pressure in my pipes was too low to support the far core of Nuclear Two. Thankfully, I managed to dismantle it in time, and the near core had more than enough pressure. I got tonnes more water from Pressure Pipes spread across the network, and now, no single pipe is going below 1.4MPa. Also, yes, I'm using bedrock pipes and reservoirs, since I can hook up multiple high-pressure outputs to a single reservoir, and the bedrock pipes never burst. That, and I'm showing off. :p

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Hey, @Reika, I've got a suggestion/question: is there any way you'd allow us folks to process iron blocks into HSLA steel blocks? I ask because, since I have a ridiculously large iron surplus, I've been making steel. However, its a bit of a pain to make efficiently since I have to do it at the ingot level. Buuuuuut, if I could do it at the block level, making mass amounts of steel, for things like ReactorCraft, would be much simpler.

This has been suggested before; it was rejected because the increased volume/area ratio and the diffusion process would necessitate that a processing step take between 9 and 81 times as long, nullifying the point.