Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Though I do wish the Gendustry custom bees would let me generate world hives.
You could brute-force this functionality through custom items to define a block [hive] with those bees as item drops, then populating the world via custom ore gen.
I ask because it'd be cool to use part of a reactor's power to make tonnes more lube (you can never have enough), and turn the rest into RF without having to make a large amount of rotational dynamos. Not that I'd mind making them, mind, just that it'd be less time-and-space efficient than simply setting up a turbine generator to do the whole shebang at once.

If only there were an engine that'll turn Rf into shaft power :p

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
There's probably something in the Forestry API for frames, not sure about Gendustry though. I'm currently looking for that.

Edit: Is this what you need?
I asked bdew on his issue tracker. He says he will add it.

A
So I'm not sure if this issued was covered on the other topic but I thought I'd might as well ask.

In the newest infinity, 1.6.2, non-vanilla ores will not be processed by the extractor? Is there a fix?

I tried the configuration for intermod ores or what not but that did not help.

I tried disabling Another one bites the dust, but wasn't able to play yet to see if it helps.
AOBD is the cause.

Reactions: Padfoote

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
I have a basic nuclear reactor design that can power an HPT with 12 fuel cores running uranium. My exact design is pretty large, but it runs very cool and is very efficient because of it.

I don't have a pic or anything of it atm, but it's pretty simple

Row 1 is 13 boilers
Row 2 is 13 boilers
Row 3 is 8 boilers and 5 cores ( 1 boiler between each core, 2 boilers on the outside )
Row 4 is 13 boilers
Row 5 is 7 boilers, 2 cores ( 3 boilers between the cores, 2 to each side. )
Row 6 is 9 boilers
Row 7 is 6 boilers, 3 cores ( 1 boiler between each core, 2 to each side. )
Row 8 is 9 boilers
Row 9 is the same as Row 5
Row 10 is 9 boilers
Row 11 is 9 boilers

Then, in line with each core on the outside is 3 reflectors, capped with 2 bedrock block.

I know the boilers could be cut WAY down, as I see temps of like 150 is all. This was built for other testing and in creative, so I made it extra safe.

Resource total:

Boilers: 103
Cores: 12
Reflectors: 60
Bedrock Block: 40

Don't forget to insulate the boilers.

To get a rough idea of a design, I count up the number of cores in line with each core. So, for the above, we have:

Code:
 4 4
 4 4

Add this up for a total score of: 60

Note that I treat this like benchmark scores. You don't worry much about the specific score, instead you use it to compare one to another. IE: a reactor of 56 is slightly less powerful. Then, a reactor of 160 is way more powerful. Ideally, each new core wouldn't add 1 more to the score, but a bit less each time. This is because a core has a chance to absorb a neutron, so in a long line of cores, the outside ones are less and less likely to interact. This is good enough for most use cases though. ( If you try to keep the numbers somewhat even, and low, it will be more and more accurate. )

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
Ok I thought removing AOBD would help. That's the only one that modifies anything like that. Thank you of coarse.
You don't need to remove it, just open the config and set any line to false that mentions RotaryCraft. For some reason AOBD decided it needed explicit RotaryCraft support... which ended up breaking RotaryCraft compatibility.

Reactions: SourC00lguy

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
You could always have a small single or dual turbine separate from the one you funnel into the generator going straight into a lubricant factory.

The thing is, though, I wanted to make a reactor that could run a single HP turbine full tilt, but split off part of the torque (but not the speed, since the grinder needs 32krad/s for 1-tick operation) to run a grinder and maybe a centrifuge for the husks, while using the remainder to power...well, the entire server, if I can. :p I suppose, though, I could make another small reactor like Nuclear One, that can handle 2 regular turbines and have them run a...wow. I could probably run a massive lube farm with two 900MW (@65,536rad/s each) turbines. Doesn't hurt that its surprisingly fuel-efficient. I could not only provide power for the whole server, but lube, too! Maybe I could even supply jet fuel, if I could acquire the materials fast enough...

Reactions: duckfan77

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Your big problems would be slime balls and soul sand, depending upon the mods included. Everything else is renewable or common enough that you probably have more than you know what to do with.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Your big problems would be slime balls and soul sand, depending upon the mods included. Everything else is renewable or common enough that you probably have more than you know what to do with.

@demethan: Told you I would get an idea. :p
HDbfhPk.png

Frrix95.png

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I got Project E so, if worse come to worse, I can just condense the stuff. The worst offenders, though, are the blaze powder and magma creme. The others are fairly cheap and can easily be made quickly, and in mass quantities, with some clever collector/relay setups. I might create a nila tree farm, assuming MFR won't be a whiny bitch since they're Reika trees, and use the lapis, as well as excess saplings, to add extra fuel to the proverbial fires.

Sm31415

Jul 29, 2019
The thing is, though, I wanted to make a reactor that could run a single HP turbine full tilt, but split off part of the torque (but not the speed, since the grinder needs 32krad/s for 1-tick operation) to run a grinder and maybe a centrifuge for the husks, while using the remainder to power...well, the entire server, if I can. :p I suppose, though, I could make another small reactor like Nuclear One, that can handle 2 regular turbines and have them run a...wow. I could probably run a massive lube farm with two 900MW (@65,536rad/s each) turbines. Doesn't hurt that its surprisingly fuel-efficient. I could not only provide power for the whole server, but lube, too! Maybe I could even supply jet fuel, if I could acquire the materials fast enough...

I meant have a single reactor.

Make one that can run a hp turbine, plus a little extra steam, route that little extra steam to a small turbine perhaps only one or two turbine blocks, not sure if it uses the same amount of steam or less, use the power from just the basic turbine to make lubricant.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
I got Project E so, if worse come to worse, I can just condense the stuff. The worst offenders, though, are the blaze powder and magma creme. The others are fairly cheap and can easily be made quickly, and in mass quantities, with some clever collector/relay setups. I might create a nila tree farm, assuming MFR won't be a whiny bitch since they're Reika trees, and use the lapis, as well as excess saplings, to add extra fuel to the proverbial fires.
You have Project E... blaze powder is easier than soul sand, I mean it is a fuel you can target in a collector after all. Not to mention you're playing RoC. Bedrock pick (or jabba dolly, or portaspawner, or safari net) a blaze spawner, and you'll have more blaze powder than you can probably handle. You could also use the same facility (assuming you're in the nether) to collect coal renewably... if you don't already have a DSU full of the stuff :p. Netherrack is obvious. Soul Sand will apparently be easier in v7, but I do believe there are bees that can produce it, if not? Project E will easily be your best bet. Drop a stack of octuple-compressed cobblestone (Assuming you have XU... which is also the best way to generate obscene quantities of cobblestone quickly, and has a great auto-crafting mechanic assuming you use a shared inventory like a bspace barrel or ender chest. Doing it with rationing pipes or round-robin slows it down too much IMO) into a condenser targeting Soul Sand and if you run out of EMC before you feel like deleting your world I will frankly be shocked, last time I checked soul sand was cheap EMC-wise.

Slime can be an issue, and most of the methods I know of for slimes that aren't "make a multi-level slime farm in a swamp", revolve around Tinker's Construct... which I'm moving away from, so I totally need to figure out a good replacement for advising other people. Trying to stay away from mob farms where possible, myself. Hence the inclusion of Mob Drop Crops in my WIP pack.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, we do got XU on the server, but I have an even better generator than 8x compressed cobble: a villager parboiler being fueled by a pig farm (farming using a combo of Ender IO and Draconic Evolution) and an MFR autospawner leading straight into a smeltery. Use the liquid emerald to make emerald blocks (which have superior EMC to uranium blocks by a significant margin), setup proper overflow handling (I'm using a DSU), and boom. Massive amounts of EMC with very little effort. It might not be the quickest thing around, largely due to the fact I'm not spawning pigs fast enough to keep up with the autospawner's essence demands, but emerald blocks generate so much EMC that it hardly matters.

Sm31415

Jul 29, 2019
I use magical crops to generate blaze rods and slimes personally. Soul sand I just occasionally ruin areas of the nether to get it.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
@Sm31415, your design was spot ON. You weren't kidding about that design being able to power a high-pressure turbine at full tilt. It might even be able to handle a regular turbine or two, as well. For those who are curious, the build is thus:

Code:
      SSS
      SSS
      SSS
      RRR
      BBB
      BBB
SSSRBBCCCBBRSSS
SSSRBBCCCBBRSSS
SSSRBBCCCBBRSSS
      BBB      SSS
      BBB      SSS
      RRR      SSS
      SSS      RRR
      SSS      BBB
      SSS      BBB
         SSSRBBCCCBBRSSS
         SSSRBBCCCBBRSSS
         SSSRBBCCCBBRSSS
               BBB
               BBB
               RRR
               SSS
               SSS
               SSS

S = HSLA Steel Block
R = Neutron Reflector
B = Steam Boiler
C = Fuel Core

I have them spaced that way so the two core groups don't interact and/or interfere with one another. Though the steel would likely stop any neutron interaction between the two, I prefer to err on the side of caution with my reactors. The highest temperature I've noticed in the cores is around 400C, and that's in a desert biome (I'm testing in a superflat redstone-ready world, which is apparently all desert), so in something like a plains biome, it'd likely be much safer. High-Pressure Turbine is running steadily at 65,536Nm @ 131,072 rad/s (8.59GW) which, assuming my conversion is correct, equates to a bit over 16.5 million RF/t. From two fairly simple, single-layer reactors, that is a lot of power.

The only real choke point I could possibly see is lube production, since I believe Reika said that the HP turbine consumes quite a bit of it, but this reactor...might actually be able to give you lube beyond the dreams of avarice. Even if it could only power a single extra turbine, that'd be more than enough power for several one-tick grinders and high-speed centrifuges.

In short, yes, I absolutely adore this design. Its simple, its elegant, and best of all, it is almost infinitely scalable. You could make a checkerboard of these things and absolutely dominate in terms of pre-fusion power. It is decided: this will be the form that Nuclear Two shall take!