Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Reactions: aTeLe

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
By the way: you can easily update Techworld 2 1.1.7 manually to v25z versions of Reika's mods just by removing the old v23 ones, downloading the new v25z ones, and adding the following line to \config\Reika\RotaryCraft.cfg in the achievement IDs section:

Code:
I:DOUBLEKILL=24041

Reactions: Wagon153

aTeLe

Jul 29, 2019
Update to v25z or there is no support.
By the way: you can easily update Techworld 2 1.1.7 manually to v25z versions of Reika's mods just by removing the old v23 ones, downloading the new v25z ones, and adding the following line to \config\Reika\RotaryCraft.cfg in the achievement IDs section:

Code:
I:DOUBLEKILL=24041
I guessed people are playing Techworld and Monster without any changes, but thank you a lot for this piece of information.

JOBGG

Jul 29, 2019
So guys, i recently tried out the fluid compression chamber, and I'm absolutely amazed by how much it can store. That made me wonder...how much liquid is really in there?

Since using a bucket on a water source block (1m^3) yields one filled bucket, i'm just going to assume equivalency here.

The compression chamber can hold 1 million of any type of liquid given sufficient torque. Opening up Wolfram Alpha (where did my TI go?), I type
1000000m^3 of water in kg. That gives us 1×10^9 whopping kilograms...that's a heavy block to carry around. Wolfram will also tell you that that is between the mass of 1 - 3 Ultra Large Crude Oil Supertankers (Do tose follow telescope naming conventions?). I wonder whether iguana tweaks adds an option to crush the player...
Since this is all stored in 1m^3, we get a density of anywhere from 0.001 to 10 times of that of a white dwarf...we're still faaaaaar away from a neutron star though, which is just magnitudes more dense.

But can we go denser? With tinkers construct, you can :D (might require massive quantities of ingots. gentlemen, fire up your extractors). Tinkers Construct adds Liquid Lead, which according to this paper (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0022190261802261) has a density of 10·678 g/cm ^3 at its melting point...plopping that into Mr. Alpha we get 6.78×10^15 grams, which he helpfully puts into perspective as around 1/12th of the total biomass of earth. Since you can carry 36 of the compression chambers in your inventory (ignoring infinitely cascading backpacks) you can handily beat that. It will weight in at a respectable 2.441×10^11 t (metric tons). If we were to fully fill a deep storage unit with these fully filled compression chambers, the resulting block would weigh as much as pluto and be 88000 times denser than a neutron star.

Now nobody draw me into a heated argument why the premise is flawed and those numbers are way lower. I like big exponents and I cannot lie.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
So guys, i recently tried out the fluid compression chamber, and I'm absolutely amazed by how much it can store. That made me wonder...how much liquid is really in there?

Since using a bucket on a water source block (1m^3) yields one filled bucket, i'm just going to assume equivalency here.

The compression chamber can hold 1 million of any type of liquid given sufficient torque. Opening up Wolfram Alpha (where did my TI go?), I type
1000000m^3 of water in kg. That gives us 1×10^9 whopping kilograms...that's a heavy block to carry around. Wolfram will also tell you that that is between the mass of 1 - 3 Ultra Large Crude Oil Supertankers (Do tose follow telescope naming conventions?). I wonder whether iguana tweaks adds an option to crush the player...
Since this is all stored in 1m^3, we get a density of anywhere from 0.001 to 10 times of that of a white dwarf...we're still faaaaaar away from a neutron star though, which is just magnitudes more dense.

But can we go denser? With tinkers construct, you can :D (might require massive quantities of ingots. gentlemen, fire up your extractors). Tinkers Construct adds Liquid Lead, which according to this paper (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0022190261802261) has a density of 10·678 g/cm ^3 at its melting point...plopping that into Mr. Alpha we get 6.78×10^15 grams, which he helpfully puts into perspective as around 1/12th of the total biomass of earth. Since you can carry 36 of the compression chambers in your inventory (ignoring infinitely cascading backpacks) you can handily beat that. It will weight in at a respectable 2.441×10^11 t (metric tons). If we were to fully fill a deep storage unit with these fully filled compression chambers, the resulting block would weigh as much as pluto and be 88000 times denser than a neutron star.

Now nobody draw me into a heated argument why the premise is flawed and those numbers are way lower. I like big exponents and I cannot lie.
xkcd reader marked and identified.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
There's people who preferred Survivor over Firefly too.
sucks.png

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019

Challenge accepted. Also, did you mean "I'm", "equivalence", and "those"? Oh, and also "Pluto". Just saying. (Yes, I am a Punctuation Stickler and I am proud of it.)

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
Every time someone asks Reika to add a cold fusion reactor to ReC, I want to tell them that if RoC's fluid compression chamber can't achieve cold fusion, nothing in ReactorCraft is going to have a chance.

Also, fluid compression chambers filled to the same capacity stack, so you're only a little shy of two orders of magnitude off of how much weight the player can potentially carry.

Last edited:

Warplord

Jul 29, 2019
Add some kind of alarms to rotary craft? Something that can make different sounds like a nuclear bunker alarm and a air-threat alarm?

JOBGG

Jul 29, 2019
Challenge accepted. Also, did you mean "I'm", "equivalence", and "those"? Oh, and also "Pluto". Just saying. (Yes, I am a Punctuation Stickler and I am proud of it.)
I knew i should have proofread that post, but it was late in the evening and I couldn't be bothered :p

xkcd reader marked and identified.

COVER BLOWN, I REPEAT, COVER BLOWN...also join us on the server Pyure :D

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
or rather 36*64 cubic meters of pure lead, or gold
Even more if you have some kind of backpack