Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
Is there also an exploit for normal Metals, I mean these are the ones who people need to properly make alloys?

Btw.: 25z has still the same problem with using the Power Fist as a pickaxe. The engines disappear when I mine them.

I can not really tell if the Boring machine lagg is fixed. I first have to expand my lube production and a possibility to get it everywhere properly ^^
Time to invest in a pickaxe.

aTeLe

Jul 29, 2019
No, but I am not making some flakes work and some not.
Thanks for answering, I try not to be disrespectful, but I really don't get the logic behind that. The whole sense behind the Ore Dictionary was so different mods can use different kinds of metals and so on.
What I could understand is putting them into the OreDictionary is much work. Or maybe to put it to one of the mods main features: How are flakes realistically used to make alloys? Why do I have to smelt, pulverize and smelt again? That slows down all the processes where I need alloys like invar or electrum, or even shiny ingot dust.

Time to invest in a pickaxe.
That's a cheap way of arguing. The point of having this Multi-tool is that you don't need anything else. But if Reika is right he can not do anything about it, even that the Power tool can mine everything else properly. So I will not bother about that any more.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for answering, I try not to be disrespectful, but I really don't get the logic behind that. The whole sense behind the Ore Dictionary was so different mods can use different kinds of metals and so on.
What I could understand is putting them into the OreDictionary is much work. Or maybe to put it to one of the mods main features: How are flakes realistically used to make alloys? Why do I have to smelt, pulverize and smelt again? That slows down all the processes where I need alloys like invar or electrum, or even shiny ingot dust.

Considering how cheaply a grinder gives 3x ores, adding in the step of smelting isn't a big deal. It would be nice if the flakes could be used in recipes like dusts are for the metals you mentioned, but the machines giving you dust only do 2x ore processing and you still have to smelt those dusts too. I generally used the TE induction smelter and ingots when making most of the alloys. You don't have to turn existing ingots to dust with it.

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019

The ingots do register to the ore dictionary the flakes don't. Making only a few flakes register, but not all, would probably be a PITA. Most/all alloys can be made without grinding to dust using TE's Induction smelter, or in Tinkers Construct smeltery.

That's a cheap way of arguing. The point of having this Multi-tool is that you don't need anything else. But if Reika is right he can not do anything about it, even that the Power tool can mine everything else properly. So I will not bother about that any more.

Several multitools have this problem (probably due to unique handlers for the tool); and it's not unique to RoC.

aTeLe

Jul 29, 2019
You guys have valid points. Sadly the induction Smelter can't be upgraded (I've read that upgrades are planned, but I haven't checked the newest versions ). Also it has problems with autocrafting a lot of time, unless I build one for each recipe.
Another thing I have in my mind, that I add the Advanced Machines AddOn to IC², so I have a very fast macerator. That would work for some metals. Not for platinum though, I need to use the slow pulverizer for that. I just think its a big mess.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
You guys have valid points. Sadly the induction Smelter can't be upgraded (I've read that upgrades are planned, but I haven't checked the newest versions ). Also it has problems with autocrafting a lot of time, unless I build one for each recipe.
Another thing I have in my mind, that I add the Advanced Machines AddOn to IC², so I have a very fast macerator. That would work for some metals. Not for platinum though, I need to use the slow pulverizer for that. I just think its a big mess.
If you are using AE interfaces to control auto crafting, just alter the recipe to make more than a single recipe at a time. So for example when making invar, set the recipe as 8 iron, 4 ferrous=36 invar. Then you always have some in stock instead of making it on demand. I have never had issues auto crafting with the induction smelter, only melting liquids in the magma crucible required one for each recipe. What kind of issue are you having?

Omega Haxors

Jul 29, 2019
Use the lava smeltery, it's a lot more effective than the RF microwave. It can smelt around 18 things at once and it only costs some lava and 2 DC engine's worth of shaft power to operate. You can easily supply the lava from an OP lava fabricator from TE or use the rock melter from RoC. If you would rather smelt one kind of item quickly you can also use the friction heater on the furnace to reduce your smelt time down to 1 action per tick (0.05 seconds) just watch out for overheating! They both have the same operation speed per item but the friction heater method is less flexible and more dangerous.

I've also noticed that there is no way to modify volts and amps within electricraft. Perhaps there could be a transformer that can be used to bump up/down amperage while maintaining voltage. It could have a very small voltage loss to replicate the real equivalent's losses due to the heating of the hysteresis core. This would help immensely for making power transport systems such as those seen in real life and generally controlling amperage for the less tolerant wires. Another thing with electricraft that's kind of confusing is that amperage is converted into torque but voltage is a product of both. Shouldn't it be speed that determines amperage? Correct me if i'm wrong.

Excuse me if I'm always talking about electricraft. I'm very big into electricity.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Use the lava smeltery, it's a lot more effective than the RF microwave. It can smelt around 18 things at once and it only costs some lava and 2 DC engine's worth of shaft power to operate. You can easily supply the lava from an OP lava fabricator from TE or use the rock melter from RoC. If you would rather smelt one kind of item quickly you can also use the friction heater on the furnace to reduce your smelt time down to 1 action per tick (0.05 seconds) just watch out for overheating! They both have the same operation speed per item but the friction heater method is less flexible and more dangerous.

I've also noticed that there is no way to modify volts and amps within electricraft. Perhaps there could be a transformer that can be used to bump up/down amperage while maintaining voltage. It could have a very small voltage loss to replicate the real equivalent's losses due to the heating of the hysteresis core. This would help immensely for making power transport systems such as those seen in real life and generally controlling amperage for the less tolerant wires. Another thing with electricraft that's kind of confusing is that amperage is converted into torque but voltage is a product of both. Shouldn't it be speed that determines amperage? Correct me if i'm wrong.

Excuse me if I'm always talking about electricraft. I'm very big into electricity.
I can't find it now and don't remember where i saw the link, but there was an image of a transformer that he is adding. I saw it in the last week or so.

Edit. I found it. Here's the link. http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...ed-minecraft-today.39595/page-296#post-771362

Last edited:
Reactions: Omega Haxors

aTeLe

Jul 29, 2019
If you are using AE interfaces to control auto crafting, just alter the recipe to make more than a single recipe at a time. So for example when making invar, set the recipe as 8 iron, 4 ferrous=36 invar. Then you always have some in stock instead of making it on demand. I have never had issues auto crafting with the induction smelter, only melting liquids in the magma crucible required one for each recipe. What kind of issue are you having?
I had problems when he was trying to make Hardened glass and Enderium ingots at the same time. He did put in lead and waited for the obsidiandust, but then he did put in pyrotheum dust already for the ingots. also for some reason sometimes he puts too much of one thing in the smelter. I have always spare pyrotheum dust in there - seems more of a problem with AE though.
I know it's probably differently solvable, but I did it with more than one smelter now.

Consistency.
I don't see a Problem with Consistency when you use the OreDictionary for Metals, but not for Non-Metal Flakes.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I had problems when he was trying to make Hardened glass and Enderium ingots at the same time. He did put in lead and waited for the obsidiandust, but then he did put in pyrotheum dust already for the ingots. also for some reason sometimes he puts too much of one thing in the smelter. I have always spare pyrotheum dust in there - seems more of a problem with AE though.
I know it's probably differently solvable, but I did it with more than one smelter now.
This is solved by clicking the button with the arrows in the interface, I don't remember how this option is called, but basically that makes it not put another set of items in until the inventory is empty.

You can still make inductive metal blend with gold flakes right?
Btw it would be nice if the inductive ingots had some use besides the converter upgrades.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
This is solved by clicking the button with the arrows in the interface, I don't remember how this option is called, but basically that makes it not put another set of items in until the inventory is empty.

You can still make inductive metal blend with gold flakes right?
Btw it would be nice if the inductive ingots had some use besides the converter upgrades.
They do.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Being early alpha, I rather doubt it.
Well from what i understand so far you need to find some crystal and some little altar and use them to transfer power over with the special stones.
There seem to be no way to move the crystal on top of the altars, is this right?

aTeLe

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm back after a lot of canola-farm and lube-making-action. I managed to make my boring machines work more or less consistently again with version 25z. And sadly, it turns out the server still starts lagging when enabling them. I have no real clue why. I still think it's always when one of them has to generate a new chunk. A huge delay happens every minute or so. The boring machine has efficiency IV and Silk Touch, and WAILA says each action takes ~9 seconds, so it would fit, that one needs a new chunk every 144 seconds.
If I can help somehow by giving you more information, just let me know.
Thanks in advance - and thanks for taking some time and answering all the people here.
I love RoC and ReC.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
So I'm back after a lot of canola-farm and lube-making-action. I managed to make my boring machines work more or less consistently again with version 25z. And sadly, it turns out the server still starts lagging when enabling them. I have no real clue why. I still think it's always when one of them has to generate a new chunk. A huge delay happens every minute or so. The boring machine has efficiency IV and Silk Touch, and WAILA says each action takes ~9 seconds, so it would fit, that one needs a new chunk every 144 seconds.
If I can help somehow by giving you more information, just let me know.
Thanks in advance - and thanks for taking some time and answering all the people here.
I love RoC and ReC.
Worldgen is really harsh in 1.7, but if it takes your server 60 seconds to load a chunk, your server sucks.

Reactions: pc_assassin

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
Hello! I really don't know if this is really necessary (in the case that I have to update said mod), nor do I know if it's been suggested before, but could it be possible to use fans to automate farms with HarvestCraft's plants? I like how it works but when I tried it wouldn't harvest them, they'd only do Canola and vanilla plants. Thanks for reading this and for possibly responding to this, but this ain't important at all and I'm sure you have more important things to do than answering this stupid question of mine. ouo