Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Hello! I really don't know if this is really necessary (in the case that I have to update said mod), nor do I know if it's been suggested before, but could it be possible to use fans to automate farms with HarvestCraft's plants? I like how it works but when I tried it wouldn't harvest them, they'd only do Canola and vanilla plants. Thanks for reading this and for possibly responding to this, but this ain't important at all and I'm sure you have more important things to do than answering this stupid question of mine. ouo
bdRLU19.png

aTeLe

Jul 29, 2019
Worldgen is really harsh in 1.7, but if it takes your server 60 seconds to load a chunk, your server sucks.
it's 1.6.4 Techworld2 (1.1.7) with your updated mods to 25z. It the server delays are about 10 seconds which can be very annoying, also because they come like every 2 minutes. And I can assure you, that my server doesn't suck. If he would really take 10 seconds per chunk normally I would have seen that issue earlier. But after having the boring machines working after a while, the server delays became very noticable.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
it's 1.6.4 Techworld2 (1.1.7) with your updated mods to 25z. It the server delays are about 10 seconds which can be very annoying, also because they come like every 2 minutes. And I can assure you, that my server doesn't suck. If he would really take 10 seconds per chunk normally I would have seen that issue earlier. But after having the boring machines working after a while, the server delays became very noticable.
I played many times with boring machine on gold and bad server and never had that problem...
Maybe an /opis check could give you some information, not sure but might help

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
This issue does not happen at start, but only as the server runs for a while? This is affecting the server, not the client, correct?

Can you add the following debug flags to the server startup, and send me the tail end (200-300 lines) when the lag happens?

-XX:+PrintGCDateStamps -XX:+PrintHeapAtGC -XX:+PrintTenuringDistribution -XX:+PrintGCDetails -Xloggc:GC.log

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Yea, this is how broken chunk generation is in 1.7
You can also see it when you create a new world in singleplayer - at the beginning it will be like you lost the connection to a server

Maybe this can help you

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Yea, this is how broken chunk generation is in 1.7
You can also see it when you create a new world in singleplayer - at the beginning it will be like you lost the connection to a server

Maybe this can help you
>Mentions they are on a 1.6 modpack
>Offers mod for 1.7

LC14199

Jul 29, 2019
Just a suggestion here, but on the server I play and on a lot of servers, we are disallowing the use of Fusion reactors because the plasma has been coded as an entity. This creates massive server lag, to the point where one reactor is causing 21% of the lag on the server. Would it be possible to recode plasma as something else? Because having it as an entity and then activating the fusion is like spawning a million zombies... and that creates a fakton of lag :)

I am aware that this is a reactorcraft suggestion, and not a rotarycraft suggestion, but it's all made by you :)

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Just a suggestion here, but on the server I play and on a lot of servers, we are disallowing the use of Fusion reactors because the plasma has been coded as an entity. This creates massive server lag, to the point where one reactor is causing 21% of the lag on the server. Would it be possible to recode plasma as something else? Because having it as an entity and then activating the fusion is like spawning a million zombies... and that creates a fakton of lag :)

I am aware that this is a reactorcraft suggestion, and not a rotarycraft suggestion, but it's all made by you :)
I fail to see how 300 or so entities with no code beyond "test if there are three more of me within 1 block" can cause more lag than an equal - or as you claim, larger - number of mobs with advanced AI is possible, so I find your data highly suspect.

And no, it will not be recoded, as entities is what are necessary for a realistic fusion model.

LC14199

Jul 29, 2019
That simply came from our admin JessiahC. I have no knowledge of how it works, I simply wanted to put the idea in to get your side of the story :)

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
I fail to see how 300 or so entities with no code beyond "test if there are three more of me within 1 block" can cause more lag than an equal - or as you claim, larger - number of mobs with advanced AI is possible, so I find your data highly suspect.

And no, it will not be recoded, as entities is what are necessary for a realistic fusion model.

Not much of a coder (only learning java script) but wouldn't the only alternative be making it a giant multiblock and then give it an animation? Somehow I think that would be worse though...

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Not much of a coder (only learning java script) but wouldn't the only alternative be making it a giant multiblock and then give it an animation? Somehow I think that would be worse though.....

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2
That may give it the appearance of a fusion reactor, but it will not behave the same.

That simply came from our admin JessiahC. I have no knowledge of how it works, I simply wanted to put the idea in to get your side of the story :)
Does JessiahC know how to use VisualVM?

Reactions: pc_assassin

LC14199

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure. You'd have to talk to him about that. I know he's good with CC though, but from what I've gathered I'd say he has a background in programming of some sort.

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
Idea: Bedrock rails.

Not sure what it would do, actually. ... Hmm, an industrial-coil powered minecart?
perhaps be able to be placed over air for a limited distance?

maybe require more bedrock rails on land to support... so to cross a 20 block wide hole, you need an additional 6 rails, 3 on each side to support it. or perhaps a solid, refined block as bedding (not cobble/dirt/gravel/sand/etc) under the rails on each side of the bridge
or something like that. if concrete wasn't reactor-craft only, I would suggest that using concrete as a railbed allows carts to go faster on normal rails, and is a requirement for the air-bridging ability of bedrock rails.

bedrock powered rails would be more powerful.

ofc, all the bedrock rail types would be indestructible (which brings back the air-bridging thing, or have them never despawn if they get uprooted) unless the transition to other rail types got taken out. (so don't uproot if the rails on either side of the new hole are bedrock, but if there is a regular rail there, uproot the whole segment)

just tossing ideas out here.

Reactions: E_DM_B

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
@Reika In my 1.7 world, I have Ender IO and would like to use RoC power to make RF. I know once I get to reactors, the RF generator exists, but the rotational dynamo doesn't have a recipe since I don't have TE installed. Is this a bug, or is the rotational dynamo only available with TE installed? It shows it as available in the handbook, but NEI shows no recipe. It would be nice to have a low tier RF converter that doesn't rely on one mod since so many are using RF these days.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
I knew i should have proofread that post, but it was late in the evening and I couldn't be bothered :p

COVER BLOWN, I REPEAT, COVER BLOWN...also join us on the server Pyure :D

He's already whitelisted and has an invite! I think he was busy elsewhere though. Too bad, I think we have enough zombies to share.