Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Just saying that @Reika's statement wasn't entirely true

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2
You're right that makes sense.

But under the circumstances, true as it is, it still wouldn't make any sense for him to pursue it unless the dood already trying is a complete fool (which I doubt)

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Rewriting the entire render and lighting engine does not count as "supported".

Oh I took that to mean at all able to support (meaning java) it not able to support it now.

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
RotaryCraft already has this, minus the colored light, which Minecraft cannot even support.
I didn't mean colored light actually being emitted from the lamps, I had in mind the way Redpower has been doing it for forever, i.e. colored blocks with standard lighting, just for cosmetic purposes. Other mods brought to mind are Mariculture neon lamps, dyed Random Things glowstone lamps, tinted Magical Crops glowstone, Geostrata/Chromaticraft crystal lamps...

A little bit of experimenting with bright lamps has revealed that their range, although the handbook and angular transducer state to be 12m, is in fact hard-coded to 8m.
Code:
@Override
public int getRange() {
return 8;
}
Additionally, they're not maintenance-free because their springs need occasional recharging, and they're inconvenient to set up and move compared to e.g. arcane lamps because they require unstackable springs to be placed in them in order to function.

The idea of radioluminescent lamps are to be a convenient, useful, stackable, and realistic source of very-low-maintenance light*, that would have the advantage of being quick to produce - just crafting the tank, putting it in a filling machine for a few seconds, and placing it somewhere in the world - but gated behind a good pile of the Rotarycraft and Reactorcraft tech tree.

*the half-life of tritium is ~12 years, so a tritium light would still maintain 94% brightness after 1 year, 89% after 2 years and so on - it would be up to you to choose whether to bother with actually implementing decay, since the average actual length of use one would expect would likely be lower than a year.

Also, if you already have bright lamps programmed, it would be trivial to add what is, for all intents and purposes, a superior, more advanced version further up the tech tree.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I didn't mean colored light actually being emitted from the lamps, I had in mind the way Redpower has been doing it for forever, i.e. colored blocks with standard lighting, just for cosmetic purposes. Other mods brought to mind are Mariculture neon lamps, dyed Random Things glowstone lamps, tinted Magical Crops glowstone, Geostrata/Chromaticraft crystal lamps...

The idea of radioluminescent lamps are to be a convenient, useful, stackable, and realistic source of very-low-maintenance light*, that would have the advantage of being quick to produce - just crafting the tank, putting it in a filling machine for a few seconds, and placing it somewhere in the world - but gated behind a good pile of the Rotarycraft and Reactorcraft tech tree.

*the half-life of tritium is ~12 years, so a tritium light would still maintain 94% brightness after 1 year, 89% after 2 years and so on - it would be up to you to choose whether to bother with actually implementing decay, since the average actual length of use one would expect would likely be lower than a year.

Also, if you already have bright lamps programmed, it would be trivial to add what is, for all intents and purposes, a superior, more advanced version further up the tech tree.
OK. I will look into it.

A little bit of experimenting with bright lamps has revealed that their range, although the handbook and angular transducer state to be 12m, is in fact hard-coded to 8m.
Code:
@Override
public int getRange() {
return 8;
}
Fixed.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com

Code:
@Override
public int getRange() {
return 8;
}
Additionally, they're not maintenance-free because their springs need occasional recharging, and they're inconvenient to set up and move compared to e.g. arcane lamps because they require unstackable springs to be placed in them in order to function.

Done.
iQRc0OT.png

Z29AVM6.png

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
This may be too complicated, but my friend and I were joking about how cool it would be if a dragon shaped jet were added to rotarycraft. Obviously jet fuel would be used for power and you could even have a flamethrower on the front as a weapon! :D

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
This may be too complicated, but my friend and I were joking about how cool it would be if a dragon shaped jet were added to rotarycraft. Obviously jet fuel would be used for power and you could even have a flamethrower on the front as a weapon! :D
JetPlane was going to be exactly this, minus the fire and dragon design. :p

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going on strike from geo strata till you do! :p

Mattasdqwe

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe if you modified the dragon egg with gas turbines....
and then hatched it using massive amounts of shaft power :p