Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

JOBGG

Jul 29, 2019
Or adding a circuit to it similar to adding glass panes to reservoirs. Till then I'm proably using computerized coal insertion to pace the machine.

Omega Haxors

Jul 29, 2019
I just thought of the best idea ever.

Van De Graffs can transfer power to un-insulated Electricraft wires within range, temporarily adding to the affected wires' point voltage somewhat like a negative voltage loss.

This would allow for a limited Wi-tricity to cross over an area that would otherwise be a nightmare to wire up; such as a wall. Just don't stand too close.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I just thought of the best idea ever.

Van De Graffs can transfer power to un-insulated Electricraft wires within range, temporarily adding to the affected wires' point voltage somewhat like a negative voltage loss.

This would allow for a limited Wi-tricity to cross over an area that would otherwise be a nightmare to wire up; such as a wall. Just don't stand too close.
That would cause severe lag.

Omega Haxors

Jul 29, 2019
Such a shame too.

Speaking of the which I noticed that sometimes if I put a large pack of Aurorials (like over 30) in a single area and wire them to a single point and turn them on, it causes intense load to the point of sometimes having to force-reset Minecraft. Perhaps the system could be worked on a little to allow more dynamic power changes without causing a lot of lag.

And yes, I really do need 30+ aurorials of power.

Last edited:

TheRealMineAnPlay

Jul 29, 2019
I filled over 128 auroras in 1.6.4 and used them quite a lot because I use them for powering many things temporally or sometimes permanently

Mattasdqwe

Jul 29, 2019
Is the option to disable furnace melting via friction heaters still in the configs? Because if so I for one can't find it.

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
That reminds me - how about bedrock furnaces? Identical to a standard furnace, except it won't randomly melt once it reaches 2000C with a friction heater, and is obviously a fair bit more difficult to craft.

Alternatively, change the standard furnace to only melt after sitting at 2000C for a fixed period of time, rather than a random chance per tick. This way a phasing system could be set up with a redstone clock, allowing normal furnaces to safely be run at 1 operation per tick.

Mattasdqwe

Jul 29, 2019
That reminds me - how about bedrock furnaces? Identical to a standard furnace, except it won't randomly melt once it reaches 2000C with a friction heater, and is obviously a fair bit more difficult to craft.

Alternatively, change the standard furnace to only melt after sitting at 2000C for a fixed period of time, rather than a random chance per tick. This way a phasing system could be set up with a redstone clock, allowing normal furnaces to safely be run at 1 operation per tick.
love the idea of bedrock furnaces. Maybe they could also do something else because bedrock is expensive.

Also, speaking of bedrock, I had my borer running and it encountered some bedrock. So I, thinking it was obsidian, changed the cvt units to torque mode giving it a massive amount of torque and it must have broken the bedrock because I now have 5 pieces in my ME system. Is this a bug? Because I thought Reika disabled the breaking of bedrock via borers.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this is the right place to put this but:

Can anyone post a link to an overview of how the upcoming jet plane will work?

I kind of want to make a survival map based on small floating islands and using the jet plane to get to them, but if it is as bugged as the other vehicle mods then I can't be sure that it is practical.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
love the idea of bedrock furnaces. Maybe they could also do something else because bedrock is expensive.

Also, speaking of bedrock, I had my borer running and it encountered some bedrock. So I, thinking it was obsidian, changed the cvt units to torque mode giving it a massive amount of torque and it must have broken the bedrock because I now have 5 pieces in my ME system. Is this a bug? Because I thought Reika disabled the breaking of bedrock via borers.
he did it in 1.7.10, not 1.6.4

Mattasdqwe

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this is the right place to put this but:

Can anyone post a link to an overview of how the upcoming jet plane will work?

I kind of want to make a survival map based on small floating islands and using the jet plane to get to them, but if it is as bugged as the other vehicle mods then I can't be sure that it is practical.
not sure if Reika actually committed to implementing it but it would be awesome :)

he did it in 1.7.10, not 1.6.4
ahh... makes sense. I have found my new source of bedrock then :D

JOBGG

Jul 29, 2019
Found a similar bug as well, if you set the borer up below the nether bedrock ceiling and turn it on, it will remove the bedrock blocks above using its borer shield and drop them in item form.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019

Hmm, maybe we need steel furnaces, as an alternative to stone furnaces, and then bedrock ones at the top?

Or, perhaps clay brick furnaces as a step up from stone furnaces?
Definitely options on this one.

Reactions: trajing