Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Can you make either the spring-powered grafter or the bedrock grafter affect a single leaf block, or at least have an optional mode that affects a single leaf block? I have actually made both of them, and yet I still use Forestry's default bronze grafters instead because annihilating half the tree in one click is exactly the opposite of what you want to happen when you're crossing trees... :p

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Can you make either the spring-powered grafter or the bedrock grafter affect a single leaf block, or at least have an optional mode that affects a single leaf block? I have actually made both of them, and yet I still use Forestry's default bronze grafters instead because annihilating half the tree in one click is exactly the opposite of what you want to happen when you're crossing trees... :p
What about shift?

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Any chance of giving us the minimum Torque AND Speed for the machines in the book. Or is that omitted so you have to fiddle with gearboxes and find out?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
The minimum torque for the speed stages is 1. In other words, if there is any torque at all, it runs, and if there is no torque, it doesn't run. However, due to the combination of minimum power and minimum speed requirements, the math gives you a torque greater than 1 if you meet the minimum requirements exactly. You are however free to use more than the minimum speed. Rotarycraft machines operate faster the higher the input speed is.

Example: the extractor stage 2 requires 2048 rad/s and 16384 W power. Mathematically, that requires you to apply 8 Nm of torque (2048 * 8 = 16384). The operation time at that speed is 180 ticks (9 seconds). However, those 8 Nm are not a requirement, you only need 1 Nm. You can for example throw another 8:1 gearbox in there and drive that stage with 16834 rad/s, 1 Nm instead. That still satisfies the minimum power and speed requirements both, but now the operation time dropped to 120 ticks (6 seconds) because of the increase in speed over the minimum value by three (binary) orders of magnitude.

Admittedly, looking at the Rotarycraft community wiki, the information there could be presented with more precision. I'll have a look whether I can tweak it to be more clear. (EDIT: Tweak applied.)

Last edited:

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Aha!!! My info was incorrect then(ish), woohoo time for more gearing up to make my extractors run even faster... Not sure it's necessary tho, I've got a gas turbine doing each individual stage(yes I'm kinda brute forcing it) think I'm down to almost an operation per tick.

"if you meet the minimum requirements exactly": that's what isn't too clear, dunno where I read it but it suggested it was a minimum torque at all power levels

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
Makes sense. I did state we already have a bunch.
w2b chickenchunks 1.7.10 (unless I've missed it)

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Make a Rotarycraft enderman grinder to get enderpearls to feed Railcraft chunkloaders. Voila, RoC-powered chunk loader! :p