Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
"learn to Better Than Wolves noob"
Oh. I tried to read the wiki of that mod. I was promptly scared off of using it. Mainly because I am a techy-industrial kind of guy. It was just too....agrarian. I am all about big, shiny, potentially world exploding tech.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Oh. I tried to read the wiki of that mod. I was promptly scared off of using it. Mainly because I am a techy-industrial kind of guy. It was just too....agrarian. I am all about big, shiny, potentially world exploding tech.

The wiki is probably out of date, since not many players want to document it and ruin the fun for others. It definitely isn't a mod for everyone, and it's a fairly low tech mod compared to Forge mods.

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
I have just read through the first two or three pages. Now my desk has a dent right where my head would go if I banged into it. Seriously though, WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?!?!?!?!?!?! Can't they understand the relatively simple math behind Rotarycraft? I personally find Gregtech in the latest versions to be the most infuriating mod ever. It takes an hour+ to make an iron pick! My finding Rotarycraft has been one of the best experiences in my Minecraft playing. My bases usually have one mod that accounts for 50% or more of the space and power and everything, and that mod in 1.6.4 is Rotarycraft.
TL;DR: Rotarycraft is awesome, but people need to know basic math to use it.
takes about as long in Terrafirmacraft if you want IRON, but you get functional metal tools much earlier.
Sorry to say this, but what does that mean? Sorry to be the internet noob.

Learn To Better Than Wolves, noob.
BTW is a pretty tough total conversion mod. and apparently more infuriating than GT.
no personal experience, but its pretty legendary.

double ninja. :D

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
BTW is a pretty tough total conversion mod. and apparently more infuriating than GT.

More difficult that GT, and a bit more grindy in the beginning. Arguably more difficult than BnB, and that's based off playing BTW back in 4.80, while it's currently on something like 4.99999999.

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
takes about as long in Terrafirmacraft if you want IRON, but you get functional metal tools much earlier.

I once watched a Let's Play with it. It was pretty bad.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012

it's legendary because the author had an epic falling out with the forge devs and then went out of his way to make it and forge incompatible (IIRC)

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
I've played the big three total conversions, and here's how much I like them, from greatest to least.
TFC
GT
BTW
Mostly because every time I play BTW I FUBAR'd something.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
it's legendary because the author had an epic falling out with the forge devs and then went out of his way to make it and forge incompatible (IIRC)

Don't forget that FC was one of the founders of Forge. Him, SpaceToad, and Eloraam.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
I've played the big three total conversions, and here's how much I like them, from greatest to least.
TFC
GT
BTW
Mostly because every time I play BTW I FUBAR'd something.
you do know that GregTech isn't total conversion (vanilla minecraft is unrecognizable) it just highjacks a lot of other mods' functionality

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
you do know that GregTech isn't total conversion (vanilla minecraft is unrecognizable) it just highjacks a lot of other mods' functionality
I get so tired of seeing crap like this.

This is quoted directly from GregTech's page, if people had cared to click on the little button to display this text:

These are all changes I do to other Mods per default. And I mean ALL of them:

Buildcraft Quarry Recipe changed to contain Diamond Drill (Configurable).
Forestrys Bronze Crafting Recipe.
Universal Electricity Plates to use the GT Ways of getting Plates, what is even a Buff.

That is ALL. I change NOTHING else of other Mods per default. If another Mod decides to use GT Components, then it's the Mod causing that and not GT. Do you still think I am the one nerfing everything?

As for GT being a full conversion. It's not, but it's getting closer. I hear he is working on his own energynet, so who knows, it may become IC2 independent one day as well.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Can't divide 33554432 by 262144 in your head? What is the log2 of 16777216? Can't memorize the powers of two up to 67108864? Then this mod isn't for you.
Seriously though, I do need a calculator occasionally.
And when you want to compute friction heater temperatures or machine operation times you need more than just basic math.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Can't divide 33554432 by 262144 in your head? What is the log2 of 16777216? Can't memorize the powers of two up to 67108864? Then this mod isn't for you.
And when you want to compute friction heater temperatures or machine operation times you need more than just basic math.
Honestly, I only ever actually use math for when I have to. And even then, it's pretty much ingrained because powers of two. Although I might end up using math more than figuring out power usage if someone makes a pocket calculator mod so it doesn't break my immersion every time I want to check something.

Reactions: Padfoote

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Such numbers are far rarer in RotaryCraft than something like 512/32 or 64*128. Additionally, powers of two up to about 524288 are trivial to memorize.

It is true that optimization requires more advanced math, but that is not at all necessary to use the mod.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Lost faith in humanity? I'll let the human race know of the truly staggering loss. I'm sure they'll all be utterly devastated.