Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

CapJackH

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if the Spawner Controller could be used on Soul Cages from SoulShards? The cages are supposed to use vanilla mechanics, but I'm not sure if there is something hardcoded into RotaryCraft to prevent it.

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if the Spawner Controller could be used on Soul Cages from SoulShards? The cages are supposed to use vanilla mechanics, but I'm not sure if there is something hardcoded into RotaryCraft to prevent it.
I would imagine not, because Rotarycraft spawner controllers are likely coded to only work with vanilla spawners.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
the saw dust to make it stop raining worked, but when we tried to make a superstorm, using silver iodide, redstone dust and glowstone dust, nothing happened.
Was the config enabled?

So IC2 provides a way to make plant balls from vegetable matter, which then are macerated to make dirt. Could we grind something to also make dirt?
Which would be?

No. It is not hardcoded against Soul Shards, but the code for controlling a vanilla spawner would not work.

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
Could you allow us to use the most up-to-date version for each version of minecraft? For instance, I still play on 1.5 sometimes, and I would like to add rotarycraft to that world. But as you say, you go out of your way to prevent people from getting old versions of your mods. What about when you update to 1.7? Those of us who are sticking with 1.6 will miss your mods when we want to add an old version to our packs. PLease think about this. (Also, the 1.5 is so I can play Gregtech before it became Nerftech.)

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Could you allow us to use the most up-to-date version for each version of minecraft? For instance, I still play on 1.5 sometimes, and I would like to add rotarycraft to that world. But as you say, you go out of your way to prevent people from getting old versions of your mods. What about when you update to 1.7? Those of us who are sticking with 1.6 will miss your mods when we want to add an old version to our packs. PLease think about this. (Also, the 1.5 is so I can play Gregtech before it became Nerftech.)
I do keep the last versions for each MC version available.

Reactions: Padfoote

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
Which would be?

There is my earlier suggestion, which I guess was lost in the noise: Compost + sand = dirt. In addition to being renewable, it has the advantage of being reasonably realistic! Just needs a block breaker to collect the cobble.
If you feel adding it as a crafting recipe is no good for whatever reason, it could be easily added as a fermenter recipe.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Would be possible to make the grinder make clay balls into dirt blocks? I mean, it makes sense.
Actually, clay clean enough to fire makes horendously poor growth medium (dirt). If I where to make a clay to dirt recipie it would include gravel and one form or another of biological material like saplings, leafblocks, or compost.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Actually, clay clean enough to fire makes horendously poor growth medium (dirt). If I where to make a clay to dirt recipie it would include gravel and one form or another of biological material like saplings, leafblocks, or compost.
So... clay you just dragged out from beneath the ocean is clean? I mean, with all the deposition that happens at sea, I'd imagine ot'd be a pretty decent growth medium.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
So... clay you just dragged out from beneath the ocean is clean? I mean, with all the deposition that happens at sea, I'd imagine ot'd be a pretty decent growth medium.
That is the same clay you can readily cook into a number of things, I've dealt with high clay soils in a farming and gardening enviroment for years..... and I've never seen anything anywhere near fire-able. Clay is basically soil that has had all of it's nutrients leached out, it also tends to suffocate roots. in the short term you can get things growing by adding large volumes of plant matter, but that breaks down rapidly and becomes an annual project. Long term you need to add a durable source of nutrients that will help break up the texture. I've had the best luck with lees I was able to buy dirt cheap off of a gravel yard..... basically extremely fine gravel. High clay soils are some of the hardest soils to make work efficiently, and that is a long way before we're talking something you can readily dig to throw into a flower pot.

Reactions: PierceSG

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Sand and compost would work fairly well. Sand is a good product for delivering oxygen to the root networks, the compost would bring the nutrients...... at least within the time scale of mc it'd be the better choice. In fact sandier soils are ideal for two of the prime mc crops.... carrots and potatoes. Low density soils are better for crops where your goal is large easily harvested roots. It'd have very poor water retention capabilities, but as mc already requires a form of constant irrigation.....

Reactions: PierceSG

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
There is my earlier suggestion, which I guess was lost in the noise: Compost + sand = dirt. In addition to being renewable, it has the advantage of being reasonably realistic! Just needs a block breaker to collect the cobble.
If you feel adding it as a crafting recipe is no good for whatever reason, it could be easily added as a fermenter recipe.
Yes, this works for me.