Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019

The issue with watering cans and lilipads was feedback loops (ie: items that cause more ticks in adjacent blocks receiving more ticks). Does RoC have any protections against feedback?

Could I use overhead sprinklers on ground sprinklers to increase ticks? RoC sprinklers on other ticking items? Is it somehow just linked to crop items?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
The issue with watering cans and lilipads was feedback loops (ie: items that cause more ticks in adjacent blocks receiving more ticks). Does RoC have any protections against feedback?

Could I use overhead sprinklers on ground sprinklers to increase ticks? RoC sprinklers on other ticking items? Is it somehow just linked to crop items?
Only a TileEntity ticker would have that sort of thing, and the ChromatiCraft accelerators are safeguarded.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Only a TileEntity ticker would have that sort of thing, and the ChromatiCraft accelerators are safeguarded.

Given the players I know, if it increases ticks it's ripe for exploit. That's all.

Thanks for adding some safeguards.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I loved those conveyor belts and elevators.
http://imgur.com/a/pzw6v#0
Excuse me while I squee from nostalgia. I kinda wanna go back to 1.5 just to screw around with it some more. If only I could backport Monster 1.1.1 from 1.6 to 1.5 and tack on PowerCraft. (sighs)

Well, at least it seems as though some folks are working on bringing it to 1.7, so that's good!

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Excuse me while I squee from nostalgia. I kinda wanna go back to 1.5 just to screw around with it some more. If only I could backport Monster 1.1.1 from 1.6 to 1.5 and tack on PowerCraft. (sighs)

Well, at least it seems as though some folks are working on bringing it to 1.7, so that's good!
If you like nostalgia, here are some of my old worlds:
b.1.8.1 vanilla (first survival, peaceful): http://imgur.com/a/t1wE6
1.0 creative city with some mods: http://imgur.com/a/jMRy5
1.2.5 stripped-down tekkit: http://imgur.com/a/wP2MZ
A sneak peek at my first mod, used in the above world: http://imgur.com/a/44t0i
1.5.2 FTB (the world that led to most RC mod integration): http://imgur.com/a/0u5Ar

Reactions: 1M Industries

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
And yet so many people still look back at it with rose-tinted glasses :)
To be quite honest, I now just use PRCs and computercraft computers. TE3 itemducts are better than pneumatic itemtubes, and I much prefer Rotarycraft boring machines to frame machines. I really only miss...well, nothing, to be very honest. Forge microblocks is infinitely better, and that is the truth.
P.S. Sorry about the late reply, I had something come up.

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
An unattended combustion engine. Hence why it was immediately followed by my new "pile of gates" setup.
...........................................................................................................Properly
Ah. Reminds me of my IC2 nuclear reactor setup before I learned how to ^ set them up........

Last edited:

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps this is already in and I haven't found it yet. But it'd be nice to have a way to recycle unused machines/power transfer.

I was thinking maybe a lossy method of grinding up the machine (kinda like an industrial shredding machine) exctracting what you can of it, melt the scrap down and build something else out of it. Like if you tossed in a grinder you don't use any more you'd get enough iron or steel dust for like, 70% of the metal you put into it.

A way to disassemble/modify gearboxes would be neat too. It'd be nice to be able to take apart a 16:1 diamond gearbox I made by mistake, that should have been an 8:1.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Perhaps this is already in and I haven't found it yet. But it'd be nice to have a way to recycle unused machines/power transfer.

I was thinking maybe a lossy method of grinding up the machine (kinda like an industrial shredding machine) exctracting what you can of it, melt the scrap down and build something else out of it. Like if you tossed in a grinder you don't use any more you'd get enough iron or steel dust for like, 70% of the metal you put into it.
Try putting a machine in the worktable and applying redstone. :p

Reactions: Demosthenex

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Have you ever considered simplifying rotarycraft? perhaps removing the animated blocks, sounds and such to make it less of a lag generator? It's also rather hard.... why not model it on successful packs like Thermal expansion.... I mean you want people toplay it, right?

*puts on helmet and dives into a nearby trench*

sorry couldn't help myself....... you must know I'm kidding.

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
Have you ever considered simplifying rotarycraft? perhaps removing the animated blocks, sounds and such to make it less of a lag generator? It's also rather hard.... why not model it on successful packs like Thermal expansion.... I mean you want people toplay it, right?

I dare say that you are dead. *Puts on darkened goggles and dives into annoyed dev proof bunker.*

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019

"I went from happy, to mad, skip sad, now I feel like kicking his ass"
-Chuck, anger management

This accurately describes how I felt reading this post until I got to the last bit...

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I dare say that you are dead. *Puts on darkened goggles and dives into annoyed dev proof bunker.*
*grabs a six pack and runs over to 1M's bunker gibbering something about watching the game, as he pounds upon the hatch*

I suppose it's not a good idea to poke a bear with a stick is it?

I wonder how many mod authors have added extranious code dooming players with specific user names to imaginitive, randomized deaths upon login......

Reactions: Wagon153

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder how many mod authors have added extranious code dooming players with specific user names to imaginitive, randomized deaths upon login......
Sounds like a good first mod! I'll call it smitecraft! Server owners or modpack makers or whoever puts a username in the config, and the next time that player joins, he is met with the most hilarious, randomized death message and instkill'd!

PODonnel was vaporized by extreme lightning strike wielding a spiked demonic pair of scissors!