Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Imo, that makes RoC better than TC, MFR, etc. by that alone[DOUBLEPOST=1408040003][/DOUBLEPOST]I don't want bonemeals... I want more ticks lol.

Quite a few do. Our last server I had to ban the Xeno's Lilipad of Fertility. It increased ticks, and then you add in the Watering Can which also increased ticks, and you had exponential growth. We had people building cities out of emerald blocks on a hard survival server because they applied those ticks to Magic Crops.

You'll never guess what mod was removed and which tick growth enhancers are missing on this new server. ;]

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Quite a few do. Our last server I had to ban the Xeno's Lilipad of Fertility. It increased ticks, and then you add in the Watering Can which also increased ticks, and you had exponential growth. We had people building cities out of emerald blocks on a hard survival server because they applied those ticks to Magic Crops.

You'll never guess what mod was removed and which tick growth enhancers are missing on this new server. ;]
You say that like its a bad thing.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Could've used MineTweaker.

Last reply so we can stay on topic (Rotarycraft suggestions)....

Indeed, I used BanItem on our server. It was a balance decision that MC it made it too easy to gain resources. New server we do use Minetweaker for some cool stuff (food recipes, craft slime, saddles & armor, etc).

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019

And people like you are the reasons I do not play on servers unless I am running them or am in control of what mods are on it. Not trying to be mean but people who take out entire mods instead of fixing the problem or using minetweaker to remove the recipe to obtain that item is just silly.

Anyways I think we should get back on topic before we get pelted with angry kittens.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
And people like you are the reasons I do not play on servers unless I am running them or am in control of what mods are on it. Not trying to be mean but people who take out entire mods instead of fixing the problem or using minetweaker to remove the recipe to obtain that item is just silly.

Anyways I think we should get back on topic before we get pelted with angry kittens.
I would agree with the sentiment (but not the wording), except for the fact that this is a hardcore server and magic crops is a very poor fit for such a server, no matter what you do with its configs.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019

Eh, he's got good reason as it's meant to be a hard modpack. The ones who arbitrarily ban quarries because "OP" or make chunkloaders donor-only for no good reason are the bad ones.

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
*shudders* donor only items

That makes me NOT want to donate.

I understand that servers cost money every month and I am pretty sure most people do which is why if I like the server and its community I would donate, not to get items and be pay to win.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019

I understand that servers cost money every month and I am pretty sure most people do which is why if I like the server and its community I would donate, not to get items and be pay to win.

So I run the server as a hobby for friends and family, no money changes hands. The theme is hard core survival in a Zombie Apocalypse. It's tuned for our player base and Magic Crops was absolutely not a good fit. Xeno's Req was also a poor fit and abused. We removed Extra Utilities this time as well for cheap blast resistant compressed cobble, generators, etc.

We have quarries and RoC boring mines, and even encourage boring off the world border so you don't hit other players bases. I do remove the extra large landmarks for Quarry Plus to limit the size for chunk loading reasons, but you can run them repeatedly. Every player can chunkload 81 chunks up to 4 hours after logout... It's pretty liberal, only items which completely break theme or crash the game are removed.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019

The new EULA from Mojang is meant to curb this. According to the rules that just went into effect, paying players can not receive any items that aren't available to free players. Paying players can't have any advantage over non paying players either. Basically, anything that affects gameplay is not allowed to be sold.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
The new EULA from Mojang is meant to curb this. According to the rules that just went into effect, paying players can not receive any items that aren't available to free players. Paying players can't have any advantage over non paying players either. Basically, anything that affects gameplay is not allowed to be sold.
Sadly my (again former) friend plays on a server and the rules have not yet been enforced. He donates on this server and has a rather elitist attitude as well.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
To get back on topic, I'd like to make a suggestion. Perhaps a machine that could lift up a whole area, needing more torque for the larger the area. For example, lifting a house up several y-levels.[DOUBLEPOST=1408075731][/DOUBLEPOST]Bonus points if it involves pulleys.

Reactions: Padfoote